GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Like within the last couple of days? But how would LE know that if they don't even know who currently owns it?

They will know who owns it but clearly dont want to give out the info

I'm thinking if the car was sold to couple in custody but not yet registered to them and they could be saying no officer, not our car which is why police may be asking for previous owners.- sometimes cars are passed around a bit between dodgy people?

And of course to rule out dna

Sometimes you can buy a car that still has tax on it, be it a month, six months etc to make it a more attractive sale!

I agree...there are so many search sites! Within houses, gardens, industrial estates, sheds, woods...it's bizarre! Unless the people arrested are giving them the run around.

Maybe the perp disposed of the evidence, dumping the bits and pieces of it in many different places, to throw the LE off the track?

Sad to read of this update :( I can't even imagine the pain of Becky's family.

Did they say which lake? Trying to find out so I can add it to the map

No I'm sorry, it was just the presenter after they showed the press conference clip. I will look and see if I can find it though.

Does anyone think she may have been kidnapped from her own home? We know there were people there "including family" (so who was there who wasn't family?). I am putting that in quotes as that was how it was reported, that it was additional people to family. Wonder how many people were there that morning. Perhaps that would explain why there have been no sightings if she'd been put straight into a car outside the house. Then again, I guess a person can leave willingly with someone, and then it becomes a kidnap situation. It would explain why there has been such a thorough search of her home, and items removed from it, if she was taken from there.

Wonder if the sound of music and then door slamming was related? Music to cover up some other noise. After all, the music must have been pretty loud if others in the house noticed it being turned off.

If *just thinking* if for example a teacher was arrested for suspicion of murder would msm publish this information or keep it quiet until a proper murder charge?

Sometimes you can buy a car that still has tax on it, be it a month, six months etc to make it a more attractive sale!

Since last year's changes in car tax I don't think you can do this any more. See http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advice/143655/changes-in-car-tax-new-uk-road-tax-rules

"This means that now, buyers of used cars will have to tax them themselves as soon as they take ownership, rather than benefitting from tax already paid for by the seller."

You can HPI a car but it is a paid service, tells you owner, if on finance, vin number etc.,

https://www.hpicheck.com/

It just seems strange to me that LE would be making a plea for information about the ownership of the car when I would think they would have access to those records.

It's just confusing to me.

If *just thinking* if for example a teacher was arrested for suspicion of murder would msm publish this information or keep it quiet until a proper murder charge?
What's your thinking behind that?

I'm thinking if the car was sold to couple in custody but not yet registered to them and they could be saying no officer, not our car which is why police may be asking for previous owners.- sometimes cars are passed around a bit between dodgy people?

And of course to rule out dna

Thing is....if the previous owners taxed it back in December 2014 for a year ........but then sold it to the couple in custody after that time, then surely the previous owners would want to claim back their tax, which means they would have applied and therefore the new ownership would be showing at DVLA

Only other option I can see is that new owners purchased it in Dec 2014 and taxed it for the year ......therefore it is either the couple in custody who bought it in Dec, or someone else ....and either way there will be a record at DVLA

Noooo you cant do that any more, not since October 2014 ........ when you sell now, you as the seller have to claim back your unused tax and the new owner has to purchase tax immediately

Just checked Dad's FB and he's lost two friends since earlier today...

Things that make you go hmmm...

Sorry if that's not ok to post mods, still getting used to posting. Edit away if needs be...

Anyone want to chip in a £1 towards a hpi check? ;)

Just checked Dad's FB and he's lost two friends since earlier today...

Things that make you go hmmm...

Sorry if that's not ok to post mods, still getting used to posting. Edit away if needs be...

That's quite interesting.... x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member