DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Man. 28, and woman, 21 Further Arrested for kidnap and murder #SkyNews

Edit Kay Burley got it wrong sorry

Avon&Somerset Police @ASPolice ·
We have also conducted extensive CCTV enquiries and detailed analysis of traffic cameras in the area. #FindBecky

Avon&Somerset Police @ASPolice · 2m 2 minutes ago
We continue to carry out both open land searches and detailed house to house enquiries in the local area.

These are detailed, forensic searches which will take some time to complete

We have extended our search parameters to include a house in Southmead and one in the Barton Hill area of

Both individuals are still in police custody at this time. In the meantime, our search to #FindBecky continues unabated.

BREAKING #FindBecky update: This afternoon, they have been further arrested on suspicion of the murder of Rebecca Watts.

Avon&Somerset Police @ASPolice · 3m 3 minutes ago
#FindBecky update: A 28 yr-old man & a 21 yr-old woman were arrested on Saturday on suspicion of kidnap.

Avon&Somerset Police @ASPolice · 3m 3 minutes ago
Det Superintendent Mike Courtiour will be talking to the media. We will bring you live updates here.

https://twitter.com/ASPolice

I just hope they tell the police where she is. For her family. This is so sad, but I think most of us were expecting this outcome.

Hmm... Now what would of been their motive... this is so sad... No one expected or speculated a couple in their twenties ...

According to Sky News just now, they were initially arrested for kidnap but have now been rearrested for murder.

On BBC News 24 now talking about it. No Presser though.

Edit - Showing it now :(

Ohhhh no poor Becky, my thoughts are with her family. Feel sick.

Who are these people??!

No no no :( and further arrests? wth happened?

The couple were first arrested on Saturday for suspicion of kidnapping. Now they have been "arrested" on suspicion of murder. Strange wording. I'd think it would have been an additional "charge" not "arrest".

ETA: I see now this has been clarified in subsequent posts. So many questions now! Does the family know this couple? Does the boyfriend's family know them? Did Becky just bump into them on the street? I hope LE find her soon.

Still searching for her (didn't say body but I guess that's implied)

Detailed forensic searches at two houses as well as house to house and open area searches still on-going.

I think they found evidence in that car that Becky is deceased, now it's down to locating Becky's body :(

Man and woman arrested on suspicion of Becky Watts murder

This afternoon, Detective Superintendent Mike Courtiour released the following statement regarding the search for missing teenager Rebecca Watts:

On Saturday afternoon we arrested two people in connection with the Becky Watts missing person investigation.

A 28 year old man and a 21 year old woman were arrested on Saturday on suspicion of the kidnap of Rebecca Watts. This afternoon, they have been further arrested on suspicion of the murder of Rebecca Watts

Both are still in police custody at this time.

This morning, a district judge granted us a warrant of further detention which gives us a further 36 hours to question these two individuals.

In the meantime, our search for Becky continues unabated.

We are drawing upon all possible resources to help us. Additional officers from Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and Devon and Cornwall and police dogs from South Wales Police have been drafted in and support from the police helicopter.

Search and missing persons' experts from the National Crime Agency, College of Policing and the National Missing Persons organisations continue to work with our enquiry team.

We have extended our search parameters to include a house in Southmead and one in the Barton Hill area of Bristol. These are detailed, forensic searches which will take some time to complete.

We continue to carry out both open land searches and detailed house to house enquiries in the local area.

We have also conducted extensive CCTV enquiries and detailed analysis of traffic cameras in the area.

I would appeal once again for anyone who may have any information on this case to come forward immediately. Someone out there might have vital information which could help us find Becky.

This morning, we published an appeal for information from anyone who may have seen a black Vauxhall Zafira, registration number HY06 HYA, in the local area anytime between the morning of Thursday 19th February to Monday 23rd February.

We have seized this car but we need the public’s help in us tracing where it might have been during those key days.

The car is the big key to finding her I think. She could be almost anywhere if she was transported somewhere in that car. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub