GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sp if the car was used as a 'takeaway' delivery vehicle-then maybe someone saw it and the driver-do those vehicles use a temporary lighted sign on top of the vehicle-like pizza delivery drivers here in the US do? Or would the vehicle have a temporary placard magnetized on the door?

I don't think this was a crime of opportunity. I think she was more likely communicating with people online, which lead to this. As I stated upthread, she was staying over at someone's house the night before she disappeared. Whatever happened that night is vital I believe.
This could be a crime of passion. Perhaps this young girl got tangled up with an older man and his girlfriend went berserk. All speculation of course. I guess I'll just have to wait like everyone else to hear the straight scoop from LE. I hope they are putting tremendous pressure on the two being held. Bristol LE has done a *superb* job of advancing this case. I know they are close to answers. God Bless Bristol LE, and this young girl's anxiety ridden family and friends.

Prayers continue!:prayer:

As far as I'm aware there's no confirmation yet. However in this link it's mentioned that neighbours say someone with a similar car lives at that address. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2975374/Man-woman-arrested-missing-Becky-Watts.html

I like your theory, it's one I've considered myself. The only bit I don't get if this is true, why there would be so much focus on Becky's home. Unless it's because its the only last definite sighting of her.

I think the focus on Becky's home is because that was the last place anyone saw her. They don't want a repeat of the Tia Sharpe case, where the so called search was totally inadequate.

I think it was also complicated because apparently there were still people in the house when Becky left (with no real proof of when she actually left), so they have to check everyone and everything out.

I wonder if the 2 being held are material witnesses and not talking so as to protect someone?

Sp if the car was used as a 'takeaway' delivery vehicle-then maybe someone saw it and the driver-do those vehicles use a temporary lighted sign on top of the vehicle-like pizza delivery drivers here in the US do? Or would the vehicle have a temporary placard magnetized on the door?
In the UK it would be very common for a takeaway delivery car to have no outward identification of the business it was delivering for.

Someone in that house said they heard her music turn off, then the door close. She and her technology disappeared. The house has all the IP information. Maybe they are in the house not searching physically, but technologically.

The timing of the texts with the BF are confusing. There is so much we don't know. But LE does, and those guys and gals are amazing! If Becky is still just being held somewhere, whoever was feeding her is behind bars. They need to find her. Quick!

She is stunningly beautiful. Sweet. They probably saw her at her BF and got their stalker sights set. :(
I know where you are coming from but adding in the shyness factor I think it's likely she would run a mile if a stranger tried to talk to her. I believe she already knows these people.

I wonder if the 2 being held are material witnesses and not talking so as to protect someone?
There could be other parties involved but the two in custody have been arrested on suspicion of murder so I can't see how they are material witnesses if they are refusing to talk in order to protect someone.

I don't think this was a crime of opportunity. I think she was more likely communicating with people online, which lead to this. As I stated upthread, she was staying over at someone's house the night before she disappeared. Whatever happened that night is vital I believe.
This could be a crime of passion. Perhaps this young girl got tangled up with an older man and his girlfriend went berserk. All speculation of course. I guess I'll just have to wait like everyone else to hear the straight scoop from LE. I hope they are putting tremendous pressure on the two being held. Bristol LE has done a *superb* job of advancing this case. I know they are close to answers. God Bless Bristol LE, and this young girl's anxiety ridden family and friends.

Prayers continue![emoji14]rayer:
If the two suspects are charged we will not hear anything at all about this until there is a trial. In the UK no details are released to the public as that would prejudice the case and make it harder to conduct a fair trial.

Why are their names/identities being withheld? Some sort of protection by LE......in casting a wider net?

There could be other parties involved but the two in custody have been arrested on suspicion of murder so I can't see how they are material witnesses if they are refusing to talk in order to protect someone.

'Suspicion of murder' not 'murder'. Not sure what to make of this.

If the two suspects are charged we will not hear anything at all about this until there is a trial. In the UK no details are released to the public as that would prejudice the case and make it harder to conduct a fair trial.

I'm not familiar with cases in UK so are you saying we will not hear who these ppl are and what the police think happened to to this girl? TIA

I'm not familiar with cases in UK so are you saying we will not hear who these ppl are and what the police think happened to to this girl? TIA
If they are charged they will be named.

The Police will not discuss the details, those will be presented as part of the Crown's case against them.

Also once someone is charged with a crime the press cannot discuss or speculate on the details before the trial.

When and if they are charged, they will be named.

To clarify my post-it sounds as if the charge is not firm as to if a murder was committed or by whom-that there may have been a murder and these people may or may not have done it.
I am not sticking up for anyone or condemning said-just trying to understand the legalese of the arrest and subsequent charges.

To clarify my post-it sounds as if the charge is not firm as to if a murder was committed or by whom-that there may have been a murder and these people may or may not have done it.
I am not sticking up for anyone or condemning said-just trying to understand the legalese of the arrest and subsequent charges.
It's just a step in the process.

If there were no suspicion then they would be certain and therefore simply charge them.

BTW Didn't believe you were sticking up for or condemning anyone.

Sorry-now I am totally confused-they are not formally charged???
Someone is *arrested* on suspicion of committing a crime and taken into custody so that they can be interviewed.

That is the stage we are currently at.

If there is sufficient evidence or the arrestee confesses then they will be *charged*.

Someone is *arrested* on suspicion of committing a crime and taken into custody so that they can be interviewed.

That is the stage we are currently at.

If there is sufficient evidence or the arrestee confesses then they will be *charged*.

Wallace - thank you for explaining this to all your cousins across the pond. So then, after 36 hours they must be charged or released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx