GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Ellmau
Really? I'd be shocked to see that kind of relationship.
Originally Posted by sar2them1984
Quite common on council estates (not all but a large majority ) and kids that are bought up in care both applicable in this case.

And it does happen in all walks of life - I came from a loving family blah blah and shacked up with a man 10 years older than me when I was 15

Originally Posted by sar2them1984
Quite common on council estates (not all but a large majority ) and kids that are bought up in care both applicable in this case

Oh come on, it's not just the provenance of council estates, plenty of people who are 21 go out with under age girls. Girls mature much earlier than their counterparts and hence go out with older guys, its the same the world over, has absolutely nothing to do with "sink estates". If you're shocked by this you must have been living a cave. It's no shocker.

And it does happen in all walks of life - I came from a loving family blah blah and shacked up with a man 10 years older than me when I was 15
============================================================================================

Here in the States, a man would be arrested if he let a 14 or 15 yr old move in with him and he was older than 18.. ESPECIALLY if he was in his 20's and she was 14 or 15. JAIL BAIT is what it is called here.

Interesting looking through their facebooks.
I hate to say it but I don't think this is going to be some got into a fight that went too far kinda situation. I think it's going to get a lot more shocking, sadly.

So this would have been ok to post instead?
Normally, we do not allow references to a relative's FB or Twitter. In this case, however, at this particular time, mentioning the uncle's post in this way is acceptable. The same would be true of Becky's father's post. Just please don't take it too far.

It's so very sad, and our hearts and prayers go out to all of her loved ones.

Can't legally re-use either. Becky's remains would definitely go to coroner though so maybe a local funeral director stepped up purely for transport.

I never even thought about re-use or not but interesting point you made. Maybe the funeral director did step in. Social housing estates tend to have a real community spirit within them and all usually pull together and help each other out in any way they can.

There's so much rumour and gossip posted everywhere, I worry it will prejudice the trial. A&S Police haven't officially named them yet, have they?

Here in the States, a man would be arrested if he let a 14 or 15 yr old move in with him and he was older than 18.. ESPECIALLY if he was in his 20's and she was 14 or 15. JAIL BAIT is what it is called here.

It should be the same here, it is illegal but it happens, and it's not something new. When I was a teen I knew 2 girls from school who did it, and had babies with them. One of them 15, one 13! Nothing was ever done IIRC. I blamed Eastenders, after Michelle got pregnant by dirty den every girl in my year wanted to do the same. I always felt like the weirdo because I didn't even have a BF until I was 27, then I married him. Now I look back and thank my lucky stars!

I've been at WS for quite a while and even I'm not sure how much of what I've said is okay, or against the TOS. When a named suspect or POI (person of interest) has been tagged or named in SM, I don't know where that falls in terms of the TOS here.

What I DO know, is that WS is 150% Victim Friendly and un-named family and friends are off limits. I just don't know how that translates to family & friends who have publicly tagged or named suspects/POI.

What I also know is that everyone on this thread wants justice for this precious girl and her family. MODS, please do whatever you need to do with my posts, as per the TOS.

The evil predator prob viewed Becky as easy prey. She has been described by her Father as introverted, by her Uncle on SM tonight as
afraid of meeting new people, though she now brought an entire city together (paraphrasing) and this by a GF:

"She wouldn't go to the shops on her home. She makes someone go to the shop till for her and buy her bus ticket.

"If she was going outside she would meet somebody near by. She wouldn't walk long distances on her own.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Missin...-best-friend/story-26082043-detail/story.html

That said, the motive IMO was the sexual assault of an innocent beautiful teen whose trust he likely had. As is common, the predator was known by his victim and could not be left alive.

Very sad, tragic and a betrayal of ALL the family members involved.

Simply totally evil and wicked.

If the girlfriend participated in any degree...I hope she never sees the baby again. At least the baby is young enough to have a chance to grow up with responsible people (hoping.) But Imo the UK is so weak on sentencing, she likely will be able to get her child back before she is of legal age...jmo

I am suspicious that SP may be the instigator of the terrible crime. After looking through her FB, something is very off. I think much will come out in the coming days and we will get a clearer picture of who these people really were.

JMO

If the girlfriend participated in any degree...I hope she never sees the baby again. At least the baby is young enough to have a chance to grow up with responsible people (hoping.) But Imo the UK is so weak on sentencing, she likely will be able to get her child back before she is of legal age...jmo
Why do you believe the UK is so weak on sentencing?

Edit.sorry I wrote that post hours ago and didnt submit it. Don't know why it posted now!

Anyway, if this crime is as evil as it appears then I am confident they will get hefty sentences.

I am suspicious that SP may be the instigator of the terrible crime. After looking through her FB, something is very off. I think much will come out in the coming days and we will get a clearer picture of who these people really were.

JMO

^^Respectfully BBM (Bolded By Me)

If NM is 28 yo and SP is 21 yo, and SP's old Bebo account appears to suggest that they have been involved for some years...then SP may have cooperated with him, she may have wanted to please him blah, blah...but I don't buy that the kidnapping & murder was her brainchild.

Perhaps, her beloved's brainchild and she either assisted in snatching her, participated in the murder or in both. We've seen it before and it's despicable.

Why do you believe the UK is so weak on sentencing?

I have seen cases where murderers serve eight years...and life in prison seldom means it. Just seems to be to be overly lenient and I have seen people from UK say so as well. Jmo AU also.

I have seen cases where murderers serve eight years...and life in prison seldom means it. Just seems to be to be overly lenient and I have seen people from UK say so as well. Jmo AU also.
The very minimum term someone would serve in prison in the UK for murder would be 15 years.

Where the case involves a child and/or a sexually motivated element someone would be looking at 30 years.

That can be reduced by 33% if they plead guilty at the earliest opportunity.

So in this case they would probably be looking at 20 years minimum.

80+ hours in custody doesn't suggest cooperation or admission of guilt. That could change if they are charged.

Would some kind Wser please post the Facebook & other social media pages of those who have been charged? Also the uncle who apparently wrote a tribute & whatever else is allowable would be very appreciated. Otherwise, we late-comers will never catch up. Thank you very much!

April Jones' killer got life meaning life. Tia Sharp's got minimum of 38 years. Joanna Yates' killer got a minimum of 20 something years iirc. Just a few examples of uk cases the past few years that show they can and do give long sentences for these types of crimes.

Would some kind Wser please post the Facebook & other social media pages of those who have been charged? Also the uncle who apparently wrote a tribute & whatever else is allowable would be very appreciated. Otherwise, we late-comers will never catch up. Thank you very much!

Nobody has been charged so far. Only the names of the two principal accused have been disclosed in some UK newspapers: there are links to articles in this thread. You will have to search for them on Facebook yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx