GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would some kind Wser please post the Facebook & other social media pages of those who have been charged? Also the uncle who apparently wrote a tribute & whatever else is allowable would be very appreciated. Otherwise, we late-comers will never catch up. Thank you very much!
Nobody has been charged.

The Mirror and Daily Mail amongst others have disclosed the names of the two people arrested on suspicion of murder.

It won't be hard for you to find them.

Well, if no one is willing to post the suspects' social media links, then you can't discuss them. No link, no post.

April Jones' killer got life meaning life. Tia Sharp's got minimum of 38 years. Joanna Yates' killer got a minimum of 20 something years iirc. Just a few examples of uk cases the past few years that show they can and do give long sentences for these types of crimes.

Vincent Tabak has just been found guilty of child *advertiser censored* offences and has been given a risible ten months sentence to run concurrently with his murder sentence.

I was disturbed to see that they are talking in terms of "when" he is released after the "minimum" 20 years is up, not "if". :notgood:

Well, if no one is willing to post the suspects' social media links, then you can't discuss them. No link, no post.

I didn't think we were allowed to link to Facebook. :confused:

Vincent Tabak has just been found guilty of child *advertiser censored* offences and has been given a risible ten months sentence to run concurrently with his murder sentence.

I was disturbed to see that they are talking in terms of "when" he is released after the "minimum" 20 years is up, not "if". :notgood:
The aim of that prosecution was to have his record tagged for the sex crimes. They always knew that any sentence handed down would not extend his original sentence. It will make his life far more difficult when he is released.

I didn't think we were allowed to link to Facebook. :confused:
Links to suspects' and victims' social media profiles are allowed. You can discuss their posts. You can't discuss posts from their SM "friends".

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

[h=1]Rules: Etiquette & Information[/h]

I have been following along throughout the day and information was coming in quite fast and it has been confusing what was able to be posted. I agree it would be nice to have links and items of interest posted in order to keep up. JMO
Thanks to all who have contributed.
JMO

Just wanted to say 'Hi'. I am an intermittent lurker and have now become a member of WS.

This case has turned out very differently to how I expected it to. My thoughts are with the people who loved Becky, I hope they can find a way through.

Why do you believe the UK is so weak on sentencing?

so is Australia....we have had multiple issues here around sentencing...also criminals on parole reoffending . I can think two famous cases here in Melbourne , where they were on parole and killed poor girls...

so is Australia....we have had multiple issues here around sentencing...also criminals on parole reoffending . I can think two famous cases here in Melbourne , where they were on parole and killed poor girls...
Sentencing is always difficult, there is no perfect system.

I was just interested in why the original poster thought the UK sentencing for murder was weak when it isn't.

Just wanted to say 'Hi'. I am an intermittent lurker and have now become a member of WS.

This case has turned out very differently to how I expected it to. My thoughts are with the people who loved Becky, I hope they can find a way through.

Welcome to WS Mayfly, and thank you for posting.
It's a sad day for us who have been following this thread, but wanted to welcome you!:greetings:

I'm thinking about who has been arrested as the prime suspect in this murder, and am now wondering how long this poor child has suffered abuse. Prolonged abuse would be consistent with her extremely shy nature. There are quiet children, and then their are anxious shy children. Quiet children are the ones who watch and study, analytic types. They grow up to be engineers, accountants, etc. The anxious shy kids are anxious and shy for a reason; usually trauma of some sort. Of course, MOO. I am truly disturbed by the notion that she probably suffered some level of abuse for many years. Her best friend probably knows if this is true or not.

Maybe she was murdered because she'd had enough and was going to tell....

I'm thinking about who has been arrested as the prime suspect in this murder, and am now wondering how long this poor child has suffered abuse. Prolonged abuse would be consistent with her extremely shy nature. There are quiet children, and then their are anxious shy children. Quiet children are the ones who watch and study, analytic types. They grow up to be engineers, accountants, etc. The anxious shy kids are anxious and shy for a reason; usually trauma of some sort. Of course, MOO. I am truly disturbed by the notion that she probably suffered some level of abuse for many years. Her best friend probably knows if this is true or not.

Maybe she was murdered because she'd had enough and was going to tell....
Best not to imagine such things.

There is enough actual suffering in the world without the need to imagine more.

I agree, Rose. I think this is going to be a truly horrible case as the details come out. Perhaps we may never knowexactly what happened to her or why.

I wonder if either of the two arrested on suspicion of murder went out and joined the search parties, mingling in with the crowd, observing and listening to what's being said. Similar to Ian Huntleys actions.

I wonder if either of the two arrested on suspicion of murder went out and joined the search parties, mingling in with the crowd, observing and listening to what's being said. Similar to Ian Huntleys actions.
I think they were too busy trying to cover their tracks but guess it's possible.

Not heard anything about them trying to inject themselves into the investigation, which is what Huntley first did to draw attention to himself.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracie_Andrews

OT but this is one case that angered me...sentenced to life, served 14 years...for stabbing her husband to death and pretending a "road rage" incident occurred...

Also and even more OT, I have read about some European cases where sex offenders were given new names upon release so to make their lives easier...:( and we KNOW they do not change IMO.

I think they were too busy trying to cover their tracks but guess it's possible.

Not heard anything about them trying to inject themselves into the investigation, which is what Huntley first did to draw attention to himself.

No, I did say similar to Huntley as he clearly loved being on camera and quickly made himself known where as these haven't been. I just thought maybe they would have shown their faces as such so as not to look conspicuous by their absence but sure, they would have been busy with other tasks. If they were guilty of course. They may not be.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracie_Andrews

OT but this is one case that angered me...sentenced to life, served 14 years...for stabbing her husband to death and pretending a "road rage" incident occurred...

Also and even more OT, I have read about some European cases where sex offenders were given new names upon release so to make their lives easier...:( and we KNOW they do not change IMO.
Ah yes the woman that stabbed her fiance over 40 times in self defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member