GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel wretched for them both, and guilty for being suspicious of his appeal video. A lesson has been learned from this, on my part.
Same here though in our defence, there WAS something not right with the video, we just jumped to the most obvious conclusion rather than that which now know to be true which is he already knew what was suspected to have happened.

I think they knew exactly what they had. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that NM called and asked his "mates" for help. I think the lot of them decided where and how to conceal the body parts, helped load them in a vehicle and/or vehicles and then "stashed" the body parts until the "heat" was off. Somewhere along the line, somebody saw or heard something and called LE. I would also wager a guess that SH was a part of the conversation as this bunch tried to figure out what to do.

I'm guessing at this point and my theory is strictly MOO.

The one thing that I am of certain of is that a beautiful young girl is gone at the hands of a cruel and sadistic murderer. She is never coming back and her family and friends are heartbroken beyond belief. This is the one reality and the one thing we can be certain of.

BBM

Teal! If only I had seen your post last night before I started posting about this particular possibility. How did I miss it?!

I agree, I think the four were much more involved in helping NM dispose of BW than just accepting a package.

I feel wretched for them both, and guilty for being suspicious of his appeal video. A lesson has been learned from this, on my part.

Same here though in our defence, there WAS something not right with the video, we just jumped to the most obvious conclusion rather than that which now know to be true which is he already knew what was suspected to have happened.

I didn't draw any conclusions as to who was responsible, but I thought it was obvious that it was someone close (friend or family), and that they knew it.

I dont think I realised there was a step brother until he was arrested. Did AG bring him up or did he live with Dad/someone else?

I dont think I realised there was a step brother until he was arrested. Did AG bring him up or did he live with Dad/someone else?
I think that's unknown but we know that he was a teenager by the time AG and DG Hot together.

I feel bad too, I think most people who watched the appeal video felt something about it was off. I know I did, not that I felt Dad was suspicious just at that point it was an appeal video for a missing girl, and Dad barely spoke, and was extremely emotional, which seemed out of context. At that time I felt it was OTT. Looking back I think he knew something very bad had happened to his Daughter, and maybe his gut was telling him at the hands of whom. Now I can totally see how distraught he would be, and yes I do feel guilty for that. We live and learn.

Hi, I just joined the forum. I usually lurk but this case is so strange and distressing in that it seems so many people have been implicated.

I am not sure whether I am allowed to add this but I read in the comment section from an online news report a while back (DG's appeal to the public) some people accusing that DG looks guilty. One commenter added a few days ago that accusations are unfair to DG, saying he is a friend of the brother (full blood related to RW). He claims that the family is surprised as NM has always been a nice guy and they all lived under the same roof for years. The family apparently has no clue as to the motive. He did say that the brother already had his suspicions before the news of the charges had been announced. Moderators, pls delete if not okay as I don't want to add misinformation buy I haven ppl mentioning comments from the Bristol Post. I apologise in advance.

I myself have no idea what happened. I just hope that it was a simple accident and an act of panic in drug induced misjudgement. I can't bear to think of any other scenarios. How awful if she knew what was going to happen.

The lack of sightings of RW travelling to LO's house that Thursday would suggest that she didn't walk/use public transport but had a lift in someone's car, or never left her own house alive. (We have no reason to disbelieve that AG witnessed her returning to her home that morning, so any Wednesday demise theories are out of the question). I'd be really interested to know who was in the house that Thursday morning.

IF NM really was one of those present in RW's house on that Thursday, then it's quite possible that RW left the house and NM made his excuses, like he had to go run some errands, and left very shortly afterwards, stopping to pick her up. The word 'kidnap', used by the LE is playing with my mind; nobody 'kidnaps' a corpse do they? So does that mean she left the house alive but signs of a struggle/attack (blood) were found in the car? - she might have been taken and met her end someplace else, rather than being killed at home. NM could have popped back to RW's house later, even when his mum was back from her appointment, (RW wasn't a missing person at that time), made an excuse to use the bathroom and removed the laptop/tablet (teens always have their phone with them, so this would be with RW already). There might have been a previous exchange between NM and RW, via text/social media messaging, that NM needed to delete to distance himself (imo, teenagers lock their phones with a password, so their phones can not be used by others except to be switched off, whereas there's a chance they are still logged into social media on their laptops/tablets).

Just my own thoughts.

:welcome:

Applapoom! It'll be interesting to see if the living arrangements you mentioned are true. If so, then there would be more of a connection between RW and NM rather than us assuming he had been out of the house by the time he was 18.

When the police stated they had found body parts, I always thought they meant they had found the whole body, only that it was, sadly, in parts, not as a whole.
No idea why I thought that.
But, I also think they would not have allowed a personal identification of BW if they only had parts of her body.

Yesterday's (that's 7th March) Bristol Post reports that;

Parts of her body were discovered last Monday evening after 11 days of police and public searches
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-...ving-perfect/story-26134409-detail/story.html

and under the headline, 'Searches in Barton Hill expected to continue into next week' that;

Forensic teams have now finished their work at Becky's Crown Hill home and at another property in Wilton Close, Southmead in connection with the inquiry. However, large parts of Barton Hill remained cordoned off as police continue their search – looking through bins and under cars.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-...ill-expected/story-26134361-detail/story.html

All of which would appear to imply that they haven't found everything yet and that they are still looking.

NM must be, IMO, not only a killer but also a master liar and manipulator, a psychopath, to get so many involved :thinking:

Jigzy, I think the kidnapping arrest came because there were signs of a struggle at RW's house (maybe blood evidence, too) and RW was missing. NM could have done as you describe but why would the police be treating her home as such a crime seen if she willingly walked out of her house? I think that since they didn't have a body but knew who was involved in at least taking RW, they arrested them for kidnapping first.

I've been considering the same. I'm wondering if it wasn't need that got the others involved, but that he *wanted* to.

Jigzy, I think the kidnapping arrest came because there were signs of a struggle at RW's house (maybe blood evidence, too) and RW was missing. NM could have done as you describe but why would the police be treating her home as such a crime seen if she willingly walked out of her house? I think that since they didn't have a body but knew who was involved in at least taking RW, they arrested them for kidnapping first.

Well I would think that they would have to treat the house as a possible crime scene as nobody (as far as I recall) said they saw RW leave (only heard the music stop and door slam). Even if a person went missing from a bus-stop, forensics would still go over that persons's home with a fine tooth comb, IMO.

Edited to say that I too think that since very early her family knew the worst had happened to her and that's why her dad was in total despair. The searches for the family were, I think, to try to find her body :(

Yes Beesknees, I agree, and I feel awful that I doubted the sincerity of her father's plea. It seemed so over-the-top! Who frets with such deep intensity for a daughter who probably ran off with a carnie?

But now I believe that he already knew the whole sad story. There is no over-the-top grief for such a parent.

Well I would think that they would have to treat the house as a possible crime scene as nobody (as far as I recall) said they saw RW leave (only heard the music stop and door slam). Even if a person went missing from a bus-stop, forensics would still go over that persons's home with a fine tooth comb, IMO.

I get that and agree completely.

I have seen cases in the US where a perpetrator is charged with kidnapping (in addition to murder) not because they took the victim anywhere but because they didn't allow them to leave where they were.

There are so many aspects of this case that are intriguing.

The timing of events is puzzling me.

When NM/SH were first arrested sometime before 16:00 on Saturday 28th February we were told nothing at all. No age or gender and no mention of the suspected charges.

"This afternoon we have arrested two people in connection with the disappearance of Becky Watts on Thursday 19 February from the St George area of Bristol."

It was only when they were rearrested on suspicion of murder sometime before 16:30 on Monday 2nd March did we find out age, gender and that the original reason for arrest had been on suspicion of kidnapping.

A 28 year old man and a 21 year old woman were arrested on Saturday on suspicion of the kidnap of Rebecca Watts. This afternoon, they have been further arrested on suspicion of the murder of Rebecca Watts

It was on the morning of Tuesday 3rd March that police announced they had found body parts

“As a result of new information received late last night (02/03), we attended a house at Barton Court in the Barton Hill area of Bristol.
“The information suggested that Becky’s body had been cut up and a search at the new location resulted in the discovery of body parts

So the body parts weren't found prior to the arrest on suspicion of murder.

Why was it so important to keep their identity secret before they were arrested on suspicion of murder and what changed to allow them to be arrested on suspicion of murder if the body parts hadn't yet been found?

... Even if a person went missing from a bus-stop, forensics would still go over that persons's home with a fine tooth comb, IMO.

Or as they say in England, "do a fingertip search".

Off topic: I heard of a case where heroin was experimented with by two males for the first time. One overdosed -the other, scared for himself, set fire to the house to destroy all evidence of what had occurred, even though the other was not dead, just probably dying. The man did die but the fire didn't take a hold enough to cover what had happened.
Not relevant to this case I know, but it got me thinking that to get others involved in the 'disposal' of a body, IMO the perp might have 'had something on those involved', if you know what I mean.

I could see others getting involved in disposal if, for instance, illegal drugs had been recently supplied to the killer by the others. The killer could say something like those drugs you supplied were bad; I took them with person X and now she's ended up dead. We're all going down for this big time - we need to lose the body so the police don't find it and trace the drugs back to you.

Not saying that's the case here - just saying that IMO it would need to be something of the 'self-preservation' type for others to willingly get involved in disposal of this type. Either that or the others were involved in an attack, but not the killing, and wanted rid of evidence that would lead to them.

All said, the others, in this case, did a rather cr4ppy job of disposal, given that the remains were found at their own home.

All just my opinion.

The looks on Rebecca's dad and stepmom's faces is heartbreaking. And the torment that stepmom must have is way overwhelming to think about. Her son committed this crime, and no matter how many times she tells herself that, and family tells her that, as a mother, how could you not feel guilt? I hope she is not like me, I would be literally killing myself inside with guilt, no matter how much I realize that my son committed the crime, not me. Being that she is ill, I would hope her son would plead not guilty, but also realize that when you do what he did to another human being, why would he care about his mom? Can't even think about this family being dragged through a trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peleona