GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the charge could cover a range from dismembering a body to disposing of evidence such as a phone.

However, the particular charge was

The charge in full said: "Between 22 February and 3 March in the city of Bristol, without lawful authority or reasonable excuse, did an act, namely assist in the disposal and concealment of the body parts of Rebecca Watts, with the intent to impede the apprehension or prosecution of Nathan Matthews who had committed the offence of murder, knowing or believing him to be guilty of the offence, or for another offence which carries a term of imprisonment of five years or more." From here http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-four-court-charged-5286600

So in this particular case, I don't think this does refer to something like disposing of a laptop, this is about Becky's body as I see it.

I notice that the 22nd Feb start date for the potential period of offending corresponds with the date of the first police statement from Beesknees' earlier post, although she'd been missing for four days by that point.

Could it have just been accuracy? It wouldn't have been true to say they'd found a body, and in fact they probably didn't know at that stage if there were body parts elsewhere. The wording of the "assisting an offender" charge made it clear what they'd found anyway.

It was the wording they used that struck me - they could have said that her remains or partial remains had been found but they specifically said they had been given information that her body had been "cut up".

Something that does occur to me reading your link is that the police said they received information indicating that Becky's body had been cut up, and that a search at the new location led to the discovery of body parts. That doesn't sound like information from next door neighbours peering over the fence and noticing bags in the back garden - that surely must have come either from the five arrested, or the two in custody.

That would be my guess

One possibility is that they just wanted to get it out there, and dealt with straight away, rather than coming out in a drip-drip way from locals.

I too thought the same. What led us to believe that was the word 'parts', I think. Body parts. The police had stated that the body was cut. So, after, had they found ALL, I think they would say 'we found BW body' or words to that effect, knowing all of us that unfortunatelly it was cut, but saying 'we found the body' we would assume it was all the body. Saying 'parts' as they said, I still have doubts if this lovely girl was totally found. ahhh arrrrrgh.

Somebody mentioned before that they think the term 'body parts' and the fact she'd been cut up was used deliberately to say 'Look, these people are involved in this, an innocent girl has been murdered and chopped up, do not let any loyalty you feel towards them let you forget that and do not defend or lie for them.'

Somebody mentioned before that they think the term 'body parts' and the fact she'd been cut up was used deliberately to say 'Look, these people are involved in this, an innocent girl has been murdered and chopped up, do not let any loyalty you feel towards them let you forget that and do not defend or lie for them.'

I would think that one good reason for the police to use the words "body parts" would be in case a member of the public had seen a number of suspicious "items". If only the word "body" had been used, any potential witness might not have realised that their sighting of several "items" could be important.

But, I also think they would not have allowed a personal identification of BW if they only had parts of her body.

They would, as long as there was an identifiable part. People can be identified by things like birthmarks or scars, in cases where the body is not in a good state of preservation for whatever reason. Everything except the identifiable portion would be masked off by a sheet or similar.

Whilst I dont disagree with this, in fact I can quite believe there was 96 hours ( or thereabouts ) of no comment responses ...then I do wonder how, at the same time, JP was vehemently denying any involvement. ( as stated by her solicitor ).

Maybe that's all she was saying. Rather than 'no comment', just repeating that she didn't know anything about it, had nothing to do with it etc etc.

If B died or was murdered inside her home, her body had to be taken out in full day light. Even if the car where she was taken entered her front garden reversed and was parked very close to the door, for someone to be able to carry the body and put it in the boot late morning or early afternoon, how was it possible that anyone saw either the strange movements or THAT particular vehicle at that time in B's address. Either someone passing in the street or someone from the windows of the houses aside...

About the statemente her dad made referring her period, I am now very inclined to think that it was because blood was found in their home. And I think he was advised by the police to do so. Being she in her period or NOT. I mean they were trying to know if someone appeared with clothes with blood not only underware.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say. My wording in English is difficult today. Not fully awaken :facepalm:

Edited to say that I too think that since very early her family knew the worst had happened to her and that's why her dad was in total despair. The searches for the family were, I think, to try to find her body :(

They would, as long as there was an identifiable part. People can be identified by things like birthmarks or scars, in cases where the body is not in a good state of preservation for whatever reason. Everything except the identifiable portion would be masked off by a sheet or similar.

Maybe that's all she was saying. Rather than 'no comment', just repeating that she didn't know anything about it, had nothing to do with it etc etc.

Yes I would have expected, even under normal circumstances, for the head part of the body to be the only area being looked at , with the rest of the body covered........ I think what I really meant was that the police might have strongly suggested to family that it would be better not to do a personal ID if they only had some parts of her body. ( even underneath a sheet or cover, this would be obvious )
Although I can understand the need to do a personal ID, even under those circumstances.

Re JP - I agree, that she could have been simply saying I know nothing, over and over again, but if that was the case, then I would have expected her to be willing to provide more detail of her activities during the relevant period.
If she simply no commented to all questions regarding her whereabouts, I would find that a bit suspect.

If B died or was murdered inside her home, her body had to be taken out in full day light. Even if the car where she was taken entered her front garden reversed and was parked very close to the door, for someone to be able to carry the body and put it in the boot late morning or early afternoon, how was it possible that anyone saw either the strange movements or THAT particular vehicle at that time in B's address. Either someone passing in the street or someone from the windows of the houses aside...

About the statemente her dad made referring her period, I am now very inclined to think that it was because blood was found in their home. And I think he was advised by the police to do so. Being she in her period or NOT. I mean they were trying to know if someone appeared with clothes with blood not only underware.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say. My wording in English is difficult today. Not fully awaken :facepalm:

Edited to say that I too think that since very early her family knew the worst had happened to her and that's why her dad was in total despair. The searches for the family were, I think, to try to find her body :(

If what we are thinking is true, and BW died or was killed within her own home, then I think NM ( assuming it was him ) just had to take a chance.
From what I have seen of the street on google and in MSM, it is not a main road so possibly there is not constant traffic up and down the street. Also the houses are set back from the street with garden and driveway, so with the car backed right up towards the door, as close as possible, it would, I think, be a matter of seconds to move the body ( covered in a blanket perhaps ) into the boot of the car.

I still believe this was an unplanned killing - but once the decision had been made to conceal what had happened then there was no choice but to take a chance moving the body out to the car before family came back to the house.

So the individual or individuals who performed the dismemberment...are you saying that such an act would be "incorporated" so to speak under either of the charges (the murder charges--that I can understand, OR the assisting the offender charges)?

Hi there - yes - incorporated into both. Therefore, if another person or persons aided in the dismemberment, that would come under the existing charges. so there is not a specific charge to cover this action. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Becky Watts: Grieving family of murdered teenager release balloons in her memory with hundreds of mourners

His face etched in grief, Becky Watts' grieving dad today joined hundreds of mourners to release balloons in memory of the murdered teenager.

Friends, family and members of the public gathered to remembered the 16-year-old whose dismembered body was found early last week.

During the poignant memorial in Bristol hundreds of colourful helium balloons were released in tribute to the youngster.

Many of her family members, including her father, Darren Galsworthy, and her step-mother, Anjie, who have not been seen since Becky's death, attended the event.

Can't bring myself to post the photo of DG and AG that this story leads with, the grief and pain that is etched on their faces :tears:

Can't bring myself to post the photo of DG and AG that this story leads with, the grief and pain that is etched on their faces :tears:

Big credit to them for attending the event, it must be near impossible for them to function on any level at the moment. I can't imagine how difficult their situation is, especially not even being able to arrange a funeral to say goodbye to Becky.

The photos did bring a tear to my eye, how anyone can cope with this happening is beyond me. I just wish there was something that could be done to help them :(

Indeed. How can anyone endure such pain and despair :( In the first photo the lady kissing DG is his stepmother Denise G. In the second photo it is his father John G kissing him :tears: And the poor, poor stepmother. Have no more words...

Speculation I believe.. that's my point though - "bagging" the parts wouldn't be the cleverest idea - too messy for starters

I believe it was said by a friend of JP on the BRISTOL POST page that 'she didn't know what was in the bags'. Then DG (Step Nan) mentioned 'bags' in her post on the page. The posts by friend, I think have since been removed so could have just been gossip. I can't see them just 'bagging' body parts though I could see them using bin bags. I doubt they had thought it through or pre-planned disposing but who knows! Again we are unlikely to know for sure until trial. JMO

I also believe something along these lines happened. It's that comment on Facebook from her dad about her time of the month. I believe there was evidence found in her house that she had been sexually assaulted. This would explain why the uncle mentioned that things can happen on impulse during the tv appeal. I believe NW was under suspicion right from the start and her dad's comment was maybe an appeal in some way to SH.

I totally agree that the TV appeal seemed to infer that JG/DG knew something may have happened with NM and was appealing to him or SH but I just don't see the sexual assault, I hope you're wrong but I know it could well be a possibility.

Indeed. How can anyone endure such pain and despair :( In the first photo the lady kissing DG is his stepmother Denise G. In the second photo it is his father John G kissing him :tears: And the poor, poor stepmother. Have no more words...
I do hope DG and his wife stay together if possible. They need each other right now and in the foreseeable future. They need everyone who can give them support during this time. I wish them the best. I can't imagine how i'd cope if this happened to me.

So do I. But if he was known to have been in the house (although I take jigzy's point that it wasn't disclosed who was there), it's difficult to see how an alibi could have helped. In fact since Becky was missing for a considerable time, how would anyone know the crucial time when an alibi would be needed?

I remember that DG said in an interview that RW was meant to be meeting LO but she didn't turn up so he went to the house looking for her, I can't help thinking that LO may have messed up NM's plans that day. Feel like we are missing something, but of course we are we know only a snippet of what the police know. Also feel things changed dramatically from them leaving the house (for police to search further) and the public search. The police would have had a plan of action at that point maybe aimed at NW making his next move. Then of course came his arrest....Do we know where the couple were arrested(NM/SH)? MOO

I remember that DG said in an interview that RW was meant to be meeting LO but she didn't turn up so he went to the house looking for her, I can't help thinking that LO may have messed up NM's plans that day. Feel like we are missing something, but of course we are we know only a snippet of what the police know. Also feel things changed dramatically from them leaving the house (for police to search further) and the public search. The police would have had a plan of action at that point maybe aimed at NW making his next move. Then of course came his arrest....Do we know where the couple were arrested(NM/SH)? MOO

I don't think so, I seem to remember when the arrests were announced the police said they were not naming those arrested OR where they were arrested? Will look for it

ETA: Here it is

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn 57s58 seconds ago
Police refuse to release details on suspects, where arrests made and what they are being questioned on suspicion of. #BeckyWatts

https://twitter.com/rupertevelyn

We now know the former and the latter obviously, but I don't think we have ever found out the 'where'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne