GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The comment has since been removed but I think I may have a screen shot.. I'll look - it was on Bristol Post FB page. The house supposedly belongs to the mother of SH. This was confirmed by mom

Yes, I remember seeing that comment too

I agree. I think I have been misled by the term 'exhibit', which I thought ( most likely erroneously ) to mean artefacts that will be submitted to the court before the trial begins, and that that means they have been determined to be relevant.

Yes, if 'exhibit' can even mean absolutely anything collected as evidence at any point of the investigation, then no, 1,200 doesn't seem high.

What still seems odd, then, is the relevance of the prosecutor mentioning this at all. Especially if it isn't a particularly high ( or low) number.

Probably just to give an indication of how long it might be expected before a trial date could reasonably be set

and :wagon: to the Forum

and snap to Wallace

IF NM murdered BW for personal or sexual reasons I cannot imagine anyone covering for him, even if he said it was an accident.
Now I have a new theory. BW was babysitting and discovered something that all those arrested were illegally involved with. In the morning they realized that she had found them out and NM went to talk to her but it all went pear shaped and he lost it. The others had to help him then as they were all involved.

IF NM murdered BW for personal or sexual reasons I cannot imagine anyone covering for him, even if he said it was an accident.
Now I have a new theory. BW was babysitting and discovered something that all those arrested were illegally involved with. In the morning they realized that she had found them out and NM went to talk to her but it all went pair shaped and he lost it. The others had to help him then as they were all involved.
I've always thought the motive was more RW found something out rather than a sexual angle, tbh (which is why i was concerned with her (previously) missing gadgets). But then, it's hard to form an educated guess with the (very) limited info that we have. I'd really be surprised if it's sexually motivated, though i have to say i can't really discard any reasonable theory at this point. Right now what puzzles me is the amount of people involved.

Maybe the plan was to temporarily store the body in what was thought to be a safe place until searches narrowed down then dispose permanently in a place already searched with an assumption it would never be found.

I've always thought the motive was more RW found something out rather than a sexual angle, tbh (which is why i was concerned with her (previously) missing gadgets). But then, it's hard to form an educated guess with the (very) limited info that we have. I'd really be surprised if it's sexually motivated, though i have to say i can't really discard any reasonable theory at this point. Right now what puzzles me is the amount of people involved.

I'd be incredibly surprised if it's not sexual. Maybe others would cover because they have a vested interest in the truth not coming out? We don't know when or where she died, who was present, we don't know anything really but almost all of these sort of cases are sexually motivated. I'd eat my hat if it turns out it isn't.

I believe it to be accurate reporting.

Normally homicide charges are framed on the basis that the murder took place between (a) the day that the victim was last seen alive and, (b) the day on which the body was found. (Or sometimes the day before, and the day after, just to be really sure.)

I think maybe you missed the point. We were discussing the fact that different dates have been given in various media reports!

Can I ask what type of thing you think she may have stumbled upon, out of interest?

Hi all, I too am new to sleuths. If I say anything that I shouldn't please let me know and i will correct it.
There are a few things that I would like to throw into the mix...I have 2 teenage girls same sort of age I wouldn't say my girls are shy however neither have a boyfriend. Would a girl of 16 have a boyfriend and be classed as shy? ( doesn't sit right with me) someone that is shy would be to shy to have a boyfriend they would have a close circle of friends, talk about boys but not have a boyfriend (just my thought)
The second is: the judge saying make sure NM and SP don't speak to each other. I can understand that they don't want them swapping notes however I would have thought it would have been protcol.

Hi all, I too am new to sleuths. If I say anything that I shouldn't please let me know and i will correct it.
There are a few things that I would like to throw into the mix...I have 2 teenage girls same sort of age I wouldn't say my girls are shy however neither have a boyfriend. Would a girl of 16 have a boyfriend and be classed as shy? ( doesn't sit right with me) someone that is shy would be to shy to have a boyfriend they would have a close circle of friends, talk about boys but not have a boyfriend (just my thought)
The second is: the judge saying make sure NM and SP don't speak to each other. I can understand that they don't want them swapping notes however I would have thought it would have been protcol.
How would they speak to each other they are being held on remand in prison.

We don't have same sex prisons for fairly obvious reasons.

Not at all - I was an immensely shy, anxious teen yet still had boyfriends

I have read it several times in msm...just trying to look for it but i have read so much i can't remember where

Perhaps JI was just in the wrong place at the wrong time .......

I'd like to think that the evidence the police have in order to be able to charge him with assisting an offender amounts to more than just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.:eek:

or did he perhaps supply the equipment necessary for the dismemberment ?

I know he was a line chef a couple of years ago but I doubt this is the case - he was probably grilling tuna or steaming dumplings.

De we know exactly what is meant by "disposal" in the assisting an offender charge. Does it just refer to any action that prevents the body being found, e.g. moving the body from the place of death or does it imply more than that e.g. attempting to bury the body?

I'd be surprised if the Zafira hadn't been caught on CCTV quite a bit - Bristol itself is quite a hub of car crime and that area isn't the most salubrious, so I would expect there to be lots of cameras, even if they were privately owned by businesses etc. Of course any useful film may have been deleted by the time anybody realised it was needed :(

Hi and Welcome :)

I have a 16 year old daughter who is quite shy but she has had a boyfriend for the last 6 months and he is as equally shy! It may be also that she's shy around new people or certain situations but would be fine around people she's known for a while ...

I think it might be that she was at ease with her friends, but shy with people she didn't know, and perhaps she felt overwhelmed in large groups. I'm not shy, but I'm much more at ease with one or two people than a crowd.

I too thought it was odd for the judge to say that. I would have thought it didn't need saying, but perhaps she wanted to make doubly sure that they didn't get a chance to confer, say on the way in or out of court.

Yes, I remember seeing that comment too

I thought I saw post, but didn't take enough notice as there was so much being said on the Bristol Post page. I feel for the girls Parents and all the others that have been affected through no fault of their own. It must be so hard to hear the things being said about someone you have loved. I came across a group on FB last night that has been set up in support of those arrested where BW was found. Their family and friends are adamant they purely found BW & called the Police. It will be interesting to see what is said at next court hearing. I truly hope Justice is fully done for Becky and her loved ones.

Does anyone have any idea on what kind of other evidence the police would need to charge the '4' OTHER than finding the body on their property?

I've of the mind she wasn't that shy, certainly not as much as being made out and I think too much focus is being put on that. Most teenagers are awkward and shy in front of adults, paying for stuff in shops, meeting new people etc It's part of growing up. Just my opinion and the way I see it but not really buying it at all.

I suspect it is something that could send them away, otherwise they would not have risked this.
Drugs or stolen property perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member