GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up with all this. I'm more shocked about the indecent images charges against both of them than her being charged with murder. To me, making indecent images souvds like they actively created those images. Doesn't bear thinking about who the images were of. The charge of voyeurism on him is an odd one too, did he film someone or something? Perhaps the sexual assault?

Donovan Demetrius was granted bail yesterday at Bristol Crown Court. Is someone able to post the link for me as I can't seem to do it from my phone.

I can see that he made an application for bail but not that it was granted, can you share where you found the info?

I can't even see that much, can't figure out the court lists at all.

Just from comments on Facebook it would seem it wasn't just DD that got bail although no names were mentioned

We're not allowed to post links to fb I'm sure. Saw some comments on a family members page.

If you can't provide a link we're not allowed to talk about it, just a heads up. Don't want anyone getting into trouble :)

Just catching up with all this. I'm more shocked about the indecent images charges against both of them than her being charged with murder. To me, making indecent images souvds like they actively created those images. Doesn't bear thinking about who the images were of. The charge of voyeurism on him is an odd one too, did he film someone or something? Perhaps the sexual assault?

I was talking to my solicitor (lawyer to our American friends) yesterday about this case and just wanted to make a couple of points in relation to the above quote.

Firstly, and my police procedural reference book confirms this, 'making' indecent images nearly always means the downloading of indecent images or video in applied law. I have the details of the case in which this reading was first applied somewhere if anyone requests it, this reading was given due to blossoming of the internet. The making / creation of an indecent image being the actual act of downloading or saving it. It is reasonable to assume that the police brought the indecent images and voyeurism offences after completing a forensic examination of the half brothers computer and phone, perhaps it is also a bid to strengthen motive even though it has been noted Becky is not the subject in these media.

I see the daily Mail article earlier in the thread which mentions the girlfriend is also charged with the indecent images offence but every other article I have found online about this case consistently makes two points. One, that it is only the half brother who has been charged with indecent images and voyeurism offences and two, none of these offences other than murder and conspiracy involve Becky Watts.

The voyeurism offence against the half brother indicates to me that the police have found intrusive clandestine footage the half brother has shot without the subject having any knowledge. Indicates what type of person we are dealing with here.

I know there was some discussion in the early parts on this thread as to motive. Looking at these charges with the revelation that the girlfriend now faces a full murder charge it seems almost certain the motive is sexual. Furthermore, the conspiracy charge indicates premeditation. I fear we are seeing a couple trying to get their perverse kicks from a third party, a third party who was clearly not willing be involved, but just MOO.

If we do take the motive to be sexual then I fear the details of the case might well be very disturbing indeed. I was hoping that Becky's death was a horrendous accident of some kind, out of the blue. Looking at the charges in entirety makes this highly unlikely. The attempted concealment of her body could further indicate premeditation. I sorely hope Becky did not suffer for any length of time. For someone so close to Becky in terms of lineage to do this is a gross and obscene abuse of trust.

Great post and thoughts Vox. I agree with many of your points. I'm still trying to work out what it is which made the other individuals willing to participate in the concealment

I was talking to my solicitor (lawyer to our American friends) yesterday about this case and just wanted to make a couple of points in relation to the above quote.

Firstly, and my police procedural reference book confirms this, 'making' indecent images nearly always means the downloading of indecent images or video in applied law. I have the details of the case in which this reading was first applied somewhere if anyone requests it, this reading was given due to blossoming of the internet. The making / creation of an indecent image being the actual act of downloading or saving it. It is reasonable to assume that the police brought the indecent images and voyeurism offences after completing a forensic examination of the half brothers computer and phone, perhaps it is also a bid to strengthen motive even though it has been noted Becky is not the subject in these media.

I see the daily Mail article earlier in the thread which mentions the girlfriend is also charged with the indecent images offence but every other article I have found online about this case consistently makes two points. One, that it is only the half brother who has been charged with indecent images and voyeurism offences and two, none of these offences other than murder and conspiracy involve Becky Watts.

The voyeurism offence against the half brother indicates to me that the police have found intrusive clandestine footage the half brother has shot without the subject having any knowledge. Indicates what type of person we are dealing with here.

I know there was some discussion in the early parts on this thread as to motive. Looking at these charges with the revelation that the girlfriend now faces a full murder charge it seems almost certain the motive is sexual. Furthermore, the conspiracy charge indicates premeditation. I fear we are seeing a couple trying to get their perverse kicks from a third party, a third party who was clearly not willing be involved, but just MOO.

If we do take the motive to be sexual then I fear the details of the case might well be very disturbing indeed. I was hoping that Becky's death was a horrendous accident of some kind, out of the blue. Looking at the charges in entirety makes this highly unlikely. The attempted concealment of her body could further indicate premeditation. I sorely hope Becky did not suffer for any length of time. For someone so close to Becky in terms of lineage to do this is a gross and obscene abuse of trust.
Vox_Veritas_JT - Great post but have to correct you on one point - NM is step brother not "half brother" ...

I personally have suspected a sexual motive all along and fear that what comes out during the trial will make difficult reading and even worse for her poor family to have to hear :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm still trying to work out what it is which made the other individuals willing to participate in the concealment

Yes that it is a vexing question indeed. Why involve so many other people in the concealment / disposal?

For whatever reason the suspects charged with murder must have been absolutely sure none of the others would go to the police. Did they have incriminating information about them? Or were these people who provided assistance merely in great fear of the suspects and followed orders? Neither explanation seems adequate.

NM is step brother not "half brother" ...

Duly noted, my mistake. Thanks for pulling me up on it, getting lost in detail and supposition can lead to gross errors.

Great post and thoughts Vox. I agree with many of your points. I'm still trying to work out what it is which made the other individuals willing to participate in the concealment

BIB or could it be that the others have been charged * by association *

IE; KD was the main contact/friend/associate of NM ......... then could it be that JP, DD and JI were linked and charged because of their close connection to KD ?

It may be a grey area , with some form of evidence, which is not conclusive, but perhaps leans towards the possibility that they could have been involved or could have known what had happened.

The new charges make methinks the motive may have not even what I Had assumed, Focussing on Becky herself, but rather that perhaps she had foundout something about the other allegations and was going to report them.

Yep, this is what I suspected all along. I'm wondering if it has something to do with Becky stumbling upon all of those accused doing something (which could explain why these other sexually motivated charges are coming up) and them being afraid she would report them. Ugh, this makes me so sick and sad. I hadn't been keeping up to date on this case for a while as I thought nothing new would emerge and I just checked today and my heart sunk. I hope that this, what seems like a premeditated crime, did not have any sexual aspects with regard to what happened to Becky. :maddening: her poor family.

Going to trial 6th October!

Teenagers, children & even Babies can suffer a Stroke. Think F.A.S.T!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay