GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So after a quick look at the very few newspapers that have articles today, it seems that only the 4 are facing trial, have I missed something? Have KD & JP had charges against them dropped?

I've no idea, they were released on conditional bail at the August hearing but that's as much as I know. It was also at the August hearing that the date for the trial was stated as being the 6th October :thinking:

I also thought the trial began tomorrow, but one of the journos I follow on Twitter ( sorry I am hopeless at links ) has tweeted that he is in court ready for the trial of FOUR people charged in connection with Becky Watts murder.
So either two have pleaded guilty ? or they are processing them over two days - perhaps the four who are charged with perverting the course of justice are up today and the two main accused NM and SH , will be there tomorrow ?

I've posted the court listing above - it's the 4 excluding KD & JP that are listed for today

Ah, thanks for that............ wonder if KD and JP are no longer accused then ? or will face lesser charges at another date

Just tweeted Stephen Morris of The Guardian to ask why 4 not 6 on trial, he says due to reporting restrictions, they can't spell out why but will become clear as trial progresses

My guess is that they are giving evidence for the prosecution against the others...

http://www.itv.com/news/west/2015-10-05/becky-watts-murder-trial-set-to-begin/

The murder trial of teenager Becky Watts will get underway this morning.

Officials will begin selecting a jury who will try four people, including her stepbrother, who face charges in connection with her disappearance and death.

16-year-old Becky vanished from her family home in Crown Hill, Bristol, on February 19 and was reported missing the following day.
(modsnip)

Hmmmm okay, you're right, it does say DD & JP released on conditional bail BUT according the court listing for today it IS DD standing trial ...

That is where I was puzzled. From what I remember ( and I may not be remembering it correctly ) it was KD who was the link/connection/friend to NM ........and I thought DD was connected only via KD
Plus as you say, DD got bail , KD did not, so seems odd that it is DD on trial

Marking my space here. BTW is it just me or do most of the most heinous Brit occurrences discussed here seem to originate in the Bristol area?

Marking my space here. BTW is it just me or do most of the most heinous Brit occurrences discussed here seem to originate in the Bristol area?
Just you ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say so, Alice Gross London, April Jones Wales, Milly Dowler Surrey, Soham girls Cambridge, Georgia Williams Shropshire ...

Hmmmm okay, you're right, it does say DD & JP released on conditional bail BUT according the court listing for today it IS DD standing trial ...

Having thought about it now ( Monday mornings are not my best time ! ) I can only think that KD ( who is on remand ) and JP ( who is out on bail ) have both entered guilty pleas. And DD ( who was also out on bail ) has entered a not guilty plea.

Becky Watts murder trial - the plan is for prosecution opening to begin on Wednesday. Legal argument - which we can't report - continues now

[video=twitter;651020640514916356]https://twitter.com/stevenmorris20/status/651020640514916356[/video]

Having thought about it now ( Monday mornings are not my best time ! ) I can only think that KD ( who is on remand ) and JP ( who is out on bail ) have both entered guilty pleas. And DD ( who was also out on bail ) has entered a not guilty plea.
Yes that's possible!

If anyone has What'sapp - if you add the phone number 07816 995 331 to your contacts and then send them a what'sapp message 'BECKY' you'll receive up to 3 free updates a day with any new info from the trial.
You can also ask questions although an answer depends on how busy it gets.

I asked about the demetrius/parsons confusion and the Bristol Post replied

"Hi, unfortunately it is one of the things we cant report because of a court order put in place by a judge in August. Once the trial begins and jury is sworn in we will be able to tell you much more"

Yes that's possible!

If anyone has What'sapp - if you add the phone number 07816 995 331 to your contacts and then send them a what'sapp message 'BECKY' you'll receive up to 3 free updates a day with any new info from the trial.
You can also ask questions although an answer depends on how busy it gets.

I asked about the demetrius/parsons confusion and the Bristol Post replied

"Hi, unfortunately it is one of the things we cant report because of a court order put in place by a judge in August. Once the trial begins and jury is sworn in we will be able to tell you much more"
Is this a safe source? Who's administrating it?

I would consider it a safe source, the Bristol Post is the local newspaper and so it will be a reporter or Bristol Post employee on behalf of the reporters at the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smanworld