GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but the way you keep saying that Shauna Hoare was the main instigator in this is wrong. Im not saying she wasnt jealous of Becky, she probably was, but thats not the reason for this horrific crime. Nathan Matthews is one dangerous, twisted individual who fantasised about this type of crime. Shauna Hoare is heavily influenced by him and whatever he says, goes. Shes obviously a damaged, sick person too otherwise she couldnt have done what she did, but you are wrong when you say she was the "master manipulator" in this.

<modsnip>

This was NOT a case of one "less attractive" or "dumpier" girl being eaten up with jealousy and manipulating her doting boyfriend into murdering his " prettier" step Sister!
It IS a case of a predatory sexually twisted and depraved man, manipulating his younger more impressionable girlfriend ( who was damaged enough and idolised him enough to become equally sick in the head) to go along with whatever sickening ideas his warped mind could come up with, and indulge his fantasies .

A monster created another monster and Becky lost her life because of that.

I think you have it 'spot on'. I think SH started seeing NM when she was 14yrs and felt protected by him as he was older. She saw him as her 'Happy Ever After'.....He probably loved that she was young and hung on to his every word, perfect for manipulating. I'm not saying she was timid or innocent, but HE gave her confidence so she didn't see she was being manipulated she felt loved and wanted. I have no sympathy for her, but I do think it is tragic that the various paths she has taken for whatever reasons have ended here.The defense seem to be trying to portray her as having been controlled by NM. I have no doubt she had full knowledge of NM's actions but was 'in it too deep' to do anything other than what he told her. I think the 'not guilty' pleas will be her downfall. Her only hope for any kind of leniency in my opinion would have been to open up and tell the police everything, sadly she was perhaps deluded in thinking if she just said what NM told her it would all be ok. This whole case is tragic in so many ways and has hurt so many people. :(

Becky Watts murder trial: suspect's mother 'joked about kidnap'

Lisa Donovan became suspicious after her 21-year-old daughter began spending so much time at her house after having no contact with her for nearly four years following an argument over a car.

The mother-of-eight described the night the pair turned up out of the blue.
"He was wearing her down. She wasn't like what she was when she first met him. He was very controlling."
She added: "He seemed alright as a person but I didn't like him with Shauna. He just didn't seem to have changed one tiny bit. He was very flirty with everyone, sexually oriented, very overpowering.
"He would make sexual comments all the time. He rubbed himself against my other daughter."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...trial-suspects-mother-joked-about-kidnap.html

@ITVBeckyTrial: First witness of the day has been called, Benjamin Fairley. We'll refer to him as BF. #beckywatts

@ITVBeckyTrial: BF was the manager for Donovan Demetrius (DD) who was a lead sales manager at Home Bargins in Brislington. #beckywatts

@ITVBeckyTrial: BF says DD was a "real asset" to the company and "genuinely a nice person to have around"

@ITVBeckyTrial: DD worked all week leading up until 2/3 - but didn't turn up for his rota-ed shift that day. BF said DD was "rarely" absent #

@ITVBeckyTrial: BF says DD was normally very happy and enthusiastic at work but during the week of Feb 24 DD was "distant and edgy" #beckywatts

DD being referred to as "distant and edgy" during week of 24 Feb. Hate it when they get witnesses testifying to this as it's so subjective

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

@ITVBeckyTrial: DD lawyer says DD's day off -on March 2 when NM and SH were arrested for murder - was planned so he could go to a concert.#beckywatts@

ITVBeckyTrial: Next on the stand is Danielle Wood, another Home Bargains manager. She'll be referred to as DW. #beckywatts

@ITVBeckyTrial: DW says DD was very quiet when talk turned to #beckywatts and didn't partake in any conversations, despite his colleagues talking constantly

I think the hardest decision for the jury to make will be to decide if they believe the others were all aware what was within the packages or not. Not a decision I'd like to have to make.

I know Edinlass - I'm not sure which way I'd be inclined to think based on what we've heard so far...

Uk & Eire database for crimes against children fb page have got some very good updates - they have someone in court who is feeding back in great detail

DD was looking tired at work and when asked said he had been up all night waiting for his Bro to do some dodgy dealings..

The next witness Danielle Wood has told the jury how she also worked with Donovan Demetrius at the Home Bargains store in Bristol.
She said: &#8220;He was lovely, everyone got on with him. He was a really nice person.&#8221;
Dealing with the events in the week leading up to Donovan Demetrius&#8217;s arrest Danielle said: &#8220;I was in the warehouse and he was having a conversation with me and two other colleagues about his brother doing some dodgy dealings.
&#8220;Somebody said how tired Donovan looked and he said he&#8217;d been up all night waiting for his brother to do some dodgy dealings.&#8221;
The prosecutor William Mousley QC asked: &#8220;Did anyone ask what these dodgy dealings were?&#8221;
Danielle replied: &#8220;No.&#8221;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6617841

They are also reporting it's very slow in court today with lots of paper shuffling

Uk & Eire database for crimes against children fb page have got some very good updates - they have someone in court who is feeding back in great detail

DD was looking tired at work and when asked said he had been up all night waiting for his Bro to do some dodgy dealings..

That is an excellent link Sar, many thanks

“Somebody said how tired Donovan looked and he said he’d been up all night waiting for his brother to do some dodgy dealings.”
[/url]

I would imagine that if you KNEW you or your friends and or family were hiding a "chopped up body" that you wouldn't be telling ANYONE let alone work colleagues that you'd be helping our with some "dodgy dealings" ...

@ITVBeckyTrial: The detective constable who conducted an initial interview with SH about #beckywatts' disappearance, has taken the stand.

@ITVBeckyTrial: The video interview is about to be shown to the court.

Shauna is giving her version of events from 19 February - the day it's believed Becky was killed

The interveiw is dated 26 February

Becky&#8217;s dad Darren Galsworthy and stepmum Anjie are in the public gallery, as are many other family members and friends

Shauna tells police in her interview she went into the family house, heard music, then about half an hour later heard a door slam

I would imagine that if you KNEW you or your friends and or family were hiding a "chopped up body" that you wouldn't be telling ANYONE let alone work colleagues that you'd be helping our with some "dodgy dealings" ...
My thoughts exactly.

I agree, not making excuses for the 'four' in anyway but none of them seem overly bright, and most well thought of by friends/Family/work colleagues. In MOO I don't think they did think it was a body, perhaps 'stolen goods' and the temptation of making a lump sum for keeping a few boxes for a few days was probably all they needed to be persuaded. However, I DO think that at least 2 of them changed their opinion on what it was when they heard about Becky aqnd should at that point gone straight to the Police. Hey ho....They are learning a very hard lesson now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop