GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoare laughed briefly as the male police officer began to explain the interview.

She sat on a blue chair with her legs crossed and her hands together - wearing black trousers and a short-sleeved olive coloured shirt over a black top.

Hoare told the police officer she and Nathan Matthews went round to Becky’s home around 11am on the day Becky vanished.

Hoare told how she went out into the garden for 15-20 minutes to smoke a cigarette and then went back into the house.

She said: “Nathan was sat on the sofa. We sat down and watched Cbeebies on television.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6617841

Hoare laughed briefly as the male police officer began to explain the interview.

She sat on a blue chair with her legs crossed and her hands together - wearing black trousers and a short-sleeved olive coloured shirt over a black top.

Hoare told the police officer she and Nathan Matthews went round to Becky’s home around 11am on the day Becky vanished.

Hoare told how she went out into the garden for 15-20 minutes to smoke a cigarette and then went back into the house.

She said: “Nathan was sat on the sofa. We sat down and watched Cbeebies on television.”
How convenient that she was in the garden for part of their visit - as per NMS story. Sorry, but 15 - 20 mins for a smoke...

Hold on a minute - didn't KS, SHs step dad say that SH asked him for a cigarette whilst visiting and NM said something along the lines of "you don't smoke at home so why here?"

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Can't help feeling so sad for Anjie she is in the worst position imaginable. Also has major health issues to deal with. I cannot imagine the sense of betrayal and hurt she must feel. As always my thoughts are with all the Victims Family and Friends, this really is a very cruel and senseless case for all concerned. Also huge praise to the Police for putting together a very concise case, so far it looks like they have been very thorough.

I would imagine that if you KNEW you or your friends and or family were hiding a "chopped up body" that you wouldn't be telling ANYONE let alone work colleagues that you'd be helping our with some "dodgy dealings" ...

Yes, I agree with that.
Seems odd that DDs barrister disputed that the word dodgy was used, because, as you say, it is, in a strange way, a help to DD in this situation.

Good point - prepared statement perhaps? Although I would have thought counsel would want to cross examine her

I had thought ( when AG was not in court last week ) that she was being called as a witness. Definately would have thought she would be important, but perhaps a statement was sufficient ?

Thanks to everyone for posting updates today! I have just been able to get on to catch up and have to go out again soon.

I agree, not making excuses for the 'four' in anyway but none of them seem overly bright, and most well thought of by friends/Family/work colleagues. In MOO I don't think they did think it was a body, perhaps 'stolen goods' and the temptation of making a lump sum for keeping a few boxes for a few days was probably all they needed to be persuaded. However, I DO think that at least 2 of them changed their opinion on what it was when they heard about Becky aqnd should at that point gone straight to the Police. Hey ho....They are learning a very hard lesson now!

Agreed, and it's also hard to believe that NM would've taken the risk of telling four other people what he'd done. He seems to have gone to a lot of trouble to disguise the fact he was hiding a body - it isn't as if he gave them a suspiciously heavy suitcase to look after.

I wonder how long there was between NM's arrest and the other four being arrested - how much time did they have to go to the police? From memory I thought it all happened on the same night, though there might've been rumours of NM's involvement beforehand. I'd guess that it was when they first knew NM was suspected of Becky's murder that they realized what they were hiding (not necessarily when they found out Becky was missing).

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 3m3 minutes ago

SH tells officers in her first interview she heard "stomp stomp stomp" down the stairs - making her think #beckywatts had left "in a mood"

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 21s21 seconds ago

SH thought #beckywatts had left in a "tantrum" because she heard stomping down the stairs before the door slammed.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 26s26 seconds ago

SH tells police #beckywatts left in a "tantrum"

Agreed, and it's also hard to believe that NM would've taken the risk of telling four other people what he'd done. He seems to have gone to a lot of trouble to disguise the fact he was hiding a body - it isn't as if he gave them a suspiciously heavy suitcase to look after.

I wonder how long there was between NM's arrest and the other four being arrested - how much time did they have to go to the police? From memory I thought it all happened on the same night, though there might've been rumours of NM's involvement beforehand. I'd guess that it was when they first knew NM was suspected of Becky's murder that they realized what they were hiding (not necessarily when they found out Becky was missing).

From memory - NM and SH were arrested on Saturday Feb 28 - press not allowed to report names of the people who had been arrested at that point.

On the Monday, March 2, they were then charged with murder ( I think, I stand to be corrected on this point ) .....and on that same Monday night, the police went to Barton Court and discovered Becky's body ( as we now know, it was NM who told the police where to find her ). And the others were arrested at the same time.

So effectively, Becky's body had been in their shed since Monday Feb 23 and surely the time to call the police was the Saturday, Feb 28 when NM and SH were arrested.

By not doing so, I think they have harmed their innocent pleas ( DD and JI that is ).
JP * claims * she was thinking about calling the police when the police turned up on the Monday night. Call me a cynic, but I really dont think so !

I'm trying to figure out where SH is going with her story, she heard 'stomp, stomp, stomp' down the stairs and the door slam shut.
We know now that is a lie, so when she takes the stand will she admit it was a lie?

Will NM cover for SH until she betrays him?

Just some questions going over in my mind.

I'm trying to figure out where SH is going with her story, she heard 'stomp, stomp, stomp' down the stairs and the door slam shut.
We know now that is a lie, so when she takes the stand will she admit it was a lie?

One would have thought she is going to have to admit it was lies but then why would she lie if she did not know anything had happened...

At the time it seems that she was trying to make the police believe that Becky was unpredictable and prone to just wandering off without telling anyone

From memory - NM and SH were arrested on Saturday Feb 28 - press not allowed to report names of the people who had been arrested at that point.

On the Monday, March 2, they were then charged with murder ( I think, I stand to be corrected on this point ) .....and on that same Monday night, the police went to Barton Court and discovered Becky's body ( as we now know, it was NM who told the police where to find her ). And the others were arrested at the same time.

So effectively, Becky's body had been in their shed since Monday Feb 23 and surely the time to call the police was the Saturday, Feb 28 when NM and SH were arrested.

By not doing so, I think they have harmed their innocent pleas ( DD and JI that is ).
JP * claims * she was thinking about calling the police when the police turned up on the Monday night. Call me a cynic, but I really dont think so !

It depends if they knew that it was NM who had been arrested - as you say, he wasn't named until charged. It's possible, if unlikely, that they didn't know.

Totally bizarre..... we now know that SH and NM were the only two people in that house, she cant even pretend there was anyone else there.
So she came in, heard the music ( that bit I do believe ) then went out to the garden for her 20 minute cigarette ( as you do, when it's cold and dank outside ) and then came back in and heard the stomping and the door slamming.
So, how is she going to explain the stomping - only the two of them in the house by this time, as we know, so will her defence try to say the stomping was NM coming down the stairs to put Becky's body in the car ?
But then, havent we been told that SH was sitting in the car when NM loaded Becky into the boot ......
I think she is going to come unstuck fast with this story

and as as aside, one wonders where the poor child was - SH smoking in the garden, NM upstairs attacking Becky

Ellie Pitt ‏@ElliePittTV 10m10 minutes ago
Back at the #beckywatts trial now, where the court continues to watch Shauna Hoare's (SH) police interview from 26 February.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial now31 seconds ago
SH and NM stayed at the family home on Feb 19 until around 8pm because they "wanted to watch Hollyoaks"

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial now33 seconds ago
Feb 19 is the day it is thought #BeckyWatts was killed - and when the prosecution allege NM and SH carried it out after a planned kidnapping

It depends if they knew that it was NM who had been arrested - as you say, he wasn't named until charged. It's possible, if unlikely, that they didn't know.

From what I read ( elsewhere ) over those few days, half of the neighbourhood knew who had been arrested - fairly sure that at least the 3 locals ( if not JI ) would have known who it was.

Ellie Pitt ‏@ElliePittTV 10m10 minutes ago
Back at the #beckywatts trial now, where the court continues to watch Shauna Hoare's (SH) police interview from 26 February.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial now31 seconds ago
SH and NM stayed at the family home on Feb 19 until around 8pm because they "wanted to watch Hollyoaks"

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial now33 seconds ago
Feb 19 is the day it is thought #BeckyWatts was killed - and when the prosecution allege NM and SH carried it out after a planned kidnapping

words fail me sometimes ! I would like to think that was just an excuse given to the police, but sadly, I think it is all too true

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 51s51 seconds ago

SH says she googled "how long before you can report a missing person" to help Becky's family know when to report her missing

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial now25 seconds ago

Becky's boyfriend, Luke Oberhansli, came to see her when he came concerned she hadn't turned up at their planned meeting point

Daily MirrorVerified account ‏@DailyMirror now30 seconds ago

#BeckyWatts's stepbrother and girlfriend "played Simpsons Monopoly" on day she disappeared

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 52s52 seconds ago
The more people said they hadn't heard from her [Becky] the more concerned people became

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 51s51 seconds ago

SH says she googled "how long before you can report a missing person" to help Becky's family know when to report her missing
Well you would do if you wanted to keep up appearances....

The jury have heard Matthews told police in interview he went up upstairs wearing a mask and killed Becky in her bedroom.

Hoare giggled on several more occasions during the first hour of the interview.

The jury have heard Matthews told police in interview he went up upstairs wearing a mask and killed Becky in her bedroom.

Hoare says how she fed a child Shreddies cereal while watching Cbeebies on TV at the house.

She said Becky’s step-mum Anjie - Matthews mum - returned to the house shortly after midday following a hospital appointment.

Hoare said: “Then we watched Neighbours”.

She said: “I think we played Simpsons Monopoly.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member