GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just caught up with this latest news tonight - as Skibs says - as if it wasn't bad enough already - poor Becky.

Awful.

Poor sweet Becky.

What a hideous man - and to think his partner seems to have helped him commit his crimes if the charges are accurate.

Vile

As a reminder, under British law, "making" indecent images includes downloading them from the internet because it entails creating a copy of the image on your computer. That said, I'm slightly surprised it would have taken this long to come out. I would have thought that would be something that would have come up with the very first searches, but we shall find out the details eventually.

As a reminder, under British law, "making" indecent images includes downloading them from the internet because it entails creating a copy of the image on your computer.
Alas it could be far more than this. I don't see how both of them can be charged for browsing child *advertiser censored*. And why only four images, usually people that are charged for looking at it view hundreds. Have two people ever been convicted of viewing child *advertiser censored* it at the same time? I can't help suspect it is far more worse than them just creating a copy of image by looking at a picture.

That said, I'm slightly surprised it would have taken this long to come out. I would have thought that would be something that would have come up with the very first searches, but we shall find out the details eventually.

I think the police were waiting until forensics came back before charging them with a raft of charges in one go. Plus there was a possibly very sensitive sexual assault case - is it a child? - had to be investigated which can take time. Seeing all the charges in one go paint a very nasty picture indeed. It's reassuring the police are confident enough to hit them with all this.

Yes, perhaps the evidence was difficult to extract or retrieved after an attempted destruction by NM/SH or decrypted if saved on a phone or laptop with a password. Remember the Oscar Pistorius forgotten password malarkey?

I can't stop thinking about this other victim of NM's. This person would have surely suspected / known of NM's involvement. Were they assisting police from the start? That would suggest a great deal more was known by the police at the start of the investigation than I thought.

Poor kid.

update

"The girlfriend of a man accused of murdering his 16-year-old stepsister has also been charged with killing her, it was revealed today.

Shauna Hoare, 21, has now been charged jointly with Nathan Matthews, 28, with the murder of Becky Watts, as well as perverting the course of justice, conspiracy to commit false imprisonment and preventing her lawful burial.

Matthews was already charged with murder - but also now stands accused of perverting the course of justice, conspiracy to commit false imprisonment and preventing her lawful burial.

In addition, Avon and Somerset Police said the pair have also been charged with possession of a prohibited weapon and four counts of making indecent images of children.

Matthews has also been charged with sexual assault and voyeurism. These alleged offences do not relate to Becky.

The new charges will be added to the indictment at their next court appearance, which is a plea and case management hearing at Bristol Crown Court on August 4."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dering-16-year-old-Bristol.html#ixzz3drLXSZdo

What exactly is "conspiracy to commit false imprisonment?"

Conspiracy: A secret plan made by two or more people to do something bad, illegal or against someone's wishes.

From - dictionary.cambridge.org/

So does that mean they pre-planned to kidnap her? Poor girl.

I can't stop thinking about this other victim of NM's. This person would have surely suspected / known of NM's involvement. Were they assisting police from the start? That would suggest a great deal more was known by the police at the start of the investigation than I thought.
Poor kid.
This would explain her poor Dad looking "shifty" during appeals - maybe he knew about other victim already (informed by police) but obviously couldn't say during the appeals to protect the investigation.

I can't help thinking the other victim was a family member or a young friend of the family. Much more likely than a complete stranger.

Conspiracy: A secret plan made by two or more people to do something bad, illegal or against someone's wishes.

From - dictionary.cambridge.org/

So does that mean they pre-planned to kidnap her? Poor girl.

Sorry phrased that question completely wrong - that's what you get for posting on the hop.

The charge implies that they planned to kidnap someone, if they had actually carried it through then they would have been charged with kidnap or unlawful imprisonment. Police must have some damning evidence to be confident in charging them with this as generally it's mighty hard to prove.

This whole case gets curiouser and curiouser

Sorry phrased that question completely wrong - that's what you get for posting on the hop.

The charge implies that they planned to kidnap someone, if they had actually carried it through then they would have been charged with kidnap or unlawful imprisonment. Police must have some damning evidence to be confident in charging them with this as generally it's mighty hard to prove.

This whole case gets curiouser and curiouser

Thanks. Just as you understood what conspiracy means, I understand what the charge is. As I'm not here to accuse, I posed my response as a question.

Thanks. Just as you understood what conspiracy means, I understand what the charge is. As I'm not here to accuse, I posed my response as a question.
1 pink. Again crossed wires in responses. Never mind - I was just thinking out loud as in "the can't have kidnapped Becky or they'd have been charged with that so the police must have found evidence they were planning to kidnap her at some point..or someone else"

It's possible they can't prove which of them actually perpetrated the kidnap, but they may have communications proving it was discussed.

The new charges make methinks the motive may have not even what I Had assumed, Focussing on Becky herself, but rather that perhaps she had foundout something about the other allegations and was going to report them.

The new charges make methinks the motive may have not even what I Had assumed, Focussing on Becky herself, but rather that perhaps she had foundout something about the other allegations and was going to report them.

This is what I'm thinking too!

Wow! Don't quite know how I missed this but WOW! I'm not in the least shocked in the new charges against NM but I'm totally shocked at SH's charges ... She's gone from me thinking she was probably less involved that the infamous4 (ie maybe she'd provided a false alibi rather than directly helping as in the other 4) to being charged with Murder! ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay