GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just repeating part of the police statement re the state of SHs house.
Not conclusive re a downstairs loo, but non mentioned specifically here.

What sticks in my mind is the sheer amount of junk really. You could see it piled up around the hallway. I couldn't even walk through the hallway.
I went into the lounge. There was only really enough room for a narrow passage to go through the lounge to the kitchen.

There was so much stuff in there. You couldn't have sat down on the sofa or anything like that.

Similarly there was lots of junk in the kitchen as well. Upstairs I tried to look in every room as best as I could.

Again there was stuff everywhere. You could only just about get through to the bed if you wanted to.

http://www.itv.com/news/west/update...disgust-at-the-state-of-murder-accuseds-home/

The onesie was a George brand (Asda?) pink tiger print I believe. You can google them.

Shouldn't have laughed but that really tickled me :blushing: SH's defence is genuinely laughable though. I wonder if the baby was crying all night with the sound of the saw. How loud are they? I will have a look on YouTube.

I can hear my neighbour when he uses a handsaw no way would she not hear a circular electric one!

I feel so stupid, but what does this mean, "what version of Up did you watch"

Really don't know. There is a kids cartoon film by Pixar / Disney called 'UP' released in 2009 but I have no idea what that has to do with the context they talk about. I suppose their sick minds could turn anything innocent sexual. If they were using it as code for something else I.e. a *advertiser censored* then this could explain it but failing that I am stumped.

NM made some joke about watching school girl *advertiser censored*, I assume he'd previously told SH he was going to watch Up, so she's asking him in a joking way "what version of Up did you watch" [that has school girl *advertiser censored* in it] ?

The text message / whatsapp exchanges are really confusing me. Definitely think we need some more context to fully understand what is being said in those.

Up = Pixar film, which begins with an olde-tyme montage before an old man's house festooned with balloons takes off into the sky. SH and NM's take on it = hilarious pervy banter riffing obscenely on the film.

s

Can they retrieve texts/whatsapp/snapchat messages that were deleted? I thought they could, even Snapchat.

Can they retrieve texts/whatsapp/snapchat messages that were deleted? I thought they could, even Snapchat.

Yeah they can. I thought whatsapp messages were encrypted meaning it sends in all codes to prevent unauthorised access but this is probably a myth.

My understanding of these messages is:

JI, KD & JP know about items in shed but think it relates to drugs. They are also aware of Becky inquiry.

They find out about NM involvement / being arrested but still believe that the packages contain drugs. They worry about what to do with these. I suppose it isn't too much of a stretch to think NM just wanted to pass off the packages of 'drugs' to them whilst the police were sniffing about his house.

JI reads an inaccurate report on FB that Becky's body has been found and resolve to 'sort out' (move? dispose of?) the packages in the shed, which they still believe to contain drugs.

Just a theory and MOO!

[video=twitter;655013935477891072]https://twitter.com/ITVBeckyTrial/status/655013935477891072[/video]

I wonder how much more there was that has not been reported ?

The analyst has now finished giving evidence

Yeah they can. I thought whatsapp messages were encrypted meaning it sends in all codes to prevent unauthorised access but this is probably a myth.

I hope they release the full conversations then. Nothing so far strikes me as a smoking gun without context. It's not unreasonable they were keeping up to date with Becky's disappearance. She was a local girl and the step-sister of their friend.

I don't think they had any idea what was in the parcels (at the moment), even if you thought your friend was weird, bit of a perve, even capable of raping somebody you wouldn't immediately think that they'd asked you to hide the dismembered body of their victim in your shed. I wouldn't anyway...

Ok I know this question has been done to death but just to clarify, I was under the impression that SH & NM have to take the stand but can answer 'no comment' if they do not wish to testify? People on FB are saying they don't have to take the stand if they don't want to?

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 20m20 minutes ago

Mr Groves has finished giving his evidence - we're now going to hear from two witnesses in relation to James Ireland #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 26m26 minutes ago

DD told his girlfriend he had been told to "be out by the end of the week" on February 17 - but admitted he hadn't by Feb 25 #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 36m36 minutes ago

DD defence say whatsapp messages found on his phone show he was told to move out of Barton Court and was stressing about leaving #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 55m55 minutes ago

Defence for DD now cross-examining Mr Groves #beckywatts

https://twitter.com/ITVBeckyTrial

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 20m20 minutes ago

Mr Groves has finished giving his evidence - we're now going to hear from two witnesses in relation to James Ireland #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 26m26 minutes ago

DD told his girlfriend he had been told to "be out by the end of the week" on February 17 - but admitted he hadn't by Feb 25 #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 36m36 minutes ago

DD defence say whatsapp messages found on his phone show he was told to move out of Barton Court and was stressing about leaving #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 55m55 minutes ago

Defence for DD now cross-examining Mr Groves #beckywatts

https://twitter.com/ITVBeckyTrial

Am confused now
The address being quoted for DD is 9 Barton Court, which is ( was I should say ) the home of KD and JP
I always thought DD lived elsewhere - as in round the corner ?

Ok I know this question has been done to death but just to clarify, I was under the impression that SH & NM have to take the stand but can answer 'no comment' if they do not wish to testify? People on FB are saying they don't have to take the stand if they don't want to?

They don"t "have to" take the stand, it is their choice.

It is very unlikely either of them will, as taking the stand automatically opens them up to cross examination.

Have just snipped this from Wikipedia ( although not always gospel I know ! )

Right to remain silent

A defendant in a criminal trial may choose whether or not to give evidence in the proceedings. Further, there is no general duty to assist the police with their inquiries.

Although certain financial and regulatory investigatory bodies have the power to require a person to answer questions and impose a penalty if a person refuses, if a person gives evidence in such proceedings, the prosecution cannot use such evidence in a criminal trial.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_silence_in_England_and_Wales

There was a poster further back onthis thread who claimed that defendants HAD to testify ...he or she said they worked in law and had a criminal barrister friend.
So far, they have not returned to clarify their earlier comment.

Up = Pixar film, which begins with an olde-tyme montage before an old man's house festooned with balloons takes off into the sky. SH and NM's take on it = hilarious pervy banter riffing obscenely on the film.

s
There is also a *advertiser censored* version of UP which contains a story line very loosely based on the kids version

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. For some reason I was under the impression that even though they weren't obligated to testify, they would still have to stand up in front of the court and answer 'no comment' to each question. Not the case :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaNaP_2019