GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it not likely that KD and JP will get reduced sentences compared with JI as they pleaded guilty at the first opportunity?

Yes, I believe so from what I've read upthread, the court will see their guilty plea favourably. It's a tricky one if they're basically admitting assisting a drug offender, but not admitting assisting a murdering offender. Quite different things even if you do like a smoke.

There's more to come out though so I'm still undecided but veering towards "guilty of extreme stupidity" if that can be a thing ;)

Your not the only one but it's a copyright violation which is a serious issue.

Apologies, I think I did it too but now corrected it. I just don't know how to c/p 2 things at once. !

Obviously seems to be his default word !

Re the house - technically it was SHs house and not his - he was registered as living elsewhere when he was charged. However, it is interesting that he used those words to his mother, as surely she thought of them as living together in Cotton Mill Lane.

Its like he is distancing himself from where the crime took place (well one of the crimes) - which is strange when it seems that he isn't implicating SH in any of it now.

Or it could simply be that he is so used to saying SH's house in order that he isn't caught out in any benefit fraud!

Your not the only one but it's a copyright violation which is a serious issue.

Whoops! I will make sure to cite the correct sources in future. The text message quote was lifted from the UK & Eire Crimes against Children Database FB so I was not aware it was from a news article. I have amended my original post now to include the ITV link.

https://twitter.com/itvbeckytrial

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 4m4 minutes ago
Defence arguing if SH had known what NM was up to when he was buying the saw she wouldn't have been 'trivially texting' him #beckywatts

Weak defense. That's exactly why she WAS 'trivially texting' him in my opinion, to keep up appearances.

But even still, "the body" is an odd choice of words if they didn't know for sure Becky was dead. If they'd said "a body" or "Becky's body" it would have been more ambigious. "The" suggests to me that the sender expected the recipient to know exactly what he meant, and even to know it was about Becky specifically.

Without the context, it's fruitless to speculate. We need to see the entire conversation. Did it take place after NM had been charged with murder? If so, then I don't think it's odd.

UK & Eire database for all crimes against children
Just to recap, Nathan Matthews admits killing Becky after he went to her bedroom in Crown Hill, Bristol, with a mask on his face to “teach her a lesson” and “scare her”.

He claims he put Becky’s body in his Vauxhall Zafira, drove home with Shauna Hoare, then waited until she was asleep before moving it to their bathroom.

He says he dismembered Becky in their bath, and carefully wrapped each of the eight body parts.

Shauna Hoare denies any involvement before, during and after the killing.

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=533637150142761&id=116071248566022

He didn't buy the saw till next day.

Sorry forgot to quote that I was replying to above post re this comment.

So SH was at home with a dead body whilst he was buying the saw, and she didn't notice it???? I have trouble hiding Christmas presents without any of my kids coming across them, so find that hard to believe.

And apparently it took him 3 days to dismember the body according to the Daily Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urder-trial-hears-teenager-cut-power-saw.html

SH didn't notice a single thing in that time?

Without the context, it's fruitless to speculate. We need to see the entire conversation. Did it take place after NM had been charged with murder? If so, then I don't think it's odd.

Ah ok, I'd assumed it was a "one off" message, rather than being part of a conversation. Could do with that being clarified.

Its like he is distancing himself from where the crime took place (well one of the crimes) - which is strange when it seems that he isn't implicating SH in any of it now.

Or it could simply be that he is so used to saying SH's house in order that he isn't caught out in any benefit fraud!

Yes that's it, but however he did say in regards to the state of the house that he collected stuff that could be used?....words to that effect......stupid, he clearly was admitting he lived there.

So SH was at home with a dead body whilst he was buying the saw, and she didn't notice it???? I have trouble hiding Christmas presents without any of my kids coming across them, so find that hard to believe.

And apparently it took him 3 days to dismember the body according to the Daily Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urder-trial-hears-teenager-cut-power-saw.html

It's just completely implausible really, isn't it?

Very good point. He admitted putting her in the bath and we know she must have been the next morning and then while he went shopping. She knew, the lying cow. She definitely knew.

Paraphrasing from FB, but SH's defense claiming she 'Thought Nathan bought the saw to help out a friend, not something much more macabre as dismembering a body'

Exactly what I was going to say, context is everything where that sentence is concerned.

Well I know her house is an absolute tip, but you'd think even she would notice a body in her bath FGS.

Not much of a defence so far I'm glad to hear.

And didnt need to use the bathroom at all ?

Well I know her house is an absolute tip, but you'd think even she would notice a body in her bath FGS, Not much of a defence so far I'm glad to hear.

Shouldn't have laughed but that really tickled me :blushing: SH's defence is genuinely laughable though. I wonder if the baby was crying all night with the sound of the saw. How loud are they? I will have a look on YouTube.

And didnt need to use the bathroom at all ?

Do we know for sure there isn't a downstairs loo? If there isn't, and NM claims Becky was in the bath from bringing her home to cutting her up, Shauna's well and truly had it. Can we find this out?

Do we know for sure there isn't a downstairs loo? If there isn't, and NM claims Becky was in the bath from bringing her home to cutting her up, Shauna's well and truly had it. Can we find this out?

I have tried to find a floor plan for those houses, without success so far. Seems to be living room and kitchen downstairs - both of which were not able to be accessed according to one police report , due to the junk - and upstairs there is a main bedroom, a boxroom and the bathroom.
off to have another search

ADMIN: Court really slow. Defence barristers all shuffling through paperwork.

Struggling to find a defence for these pair more like...good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan