GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is also a *advertiser censored* version of UP which contains a story line very loosely based on the kids version

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

For reals?

That's a bit weird :-/ kids movies shouldn't be made into sexual parodies!

I've been trying to think of any recent UK cases where the defendant has not testified. That would settle the matter.

Am confused now
The address being quoted for DD is 9 Barton Court, which is ( was I should say ) the home of KD and JP
I always thought DD lived elsewhere - as in round the corner ?
I thought I had read in earlier press reports that he stayed at the BC address on and off

For reals?

That's a bit weird :-/ kids movies shouldn't be made into sexual parodies!
There's a whole world of them loosely based on kids films..I had the misfortune of having to view some of them once as part of a sexual exploitation course

Ok I know this question has been done to death but just to clarify, I was under the impression that SH & NM have to take the stand but can answer 'no comment' if they do not wish to testify? People on FB are saying they don't have to take the stand if they don't want to?

Personally I do not think they will take the stand the prosecution will rip them apart, I wish they would be interesting to see what rubbish they would spout!

There was a meeting between counsel and judges and Court now adjourned until Monday at 10.30

so the witnesses re JI have not yet been heard

[video=twitter;655037603419443201]https://twitter.com/ITVBeckyTrial/status/655037603419443201[/video]

Ah, that could have been the reason for the meeting and now the adjournment rather than carrying on until about 4.30pm

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 2 mins2 minutes ago
The judge has dismissed a juror because he recognised a witness. Court will now resume on Monday. #beckywatts

One thing that I'm just finding astounding is how open Shauna was in her interview about her dislike of Becky. Why would she do that knowing what they had done? She obviously has no issues lying about other aspects of the case so why not lie about her feelings towards her?

The judge has dismissed a juror because he recognised a witness. Court will now resume on Monday. #beckywatts

Will they have to get a new one in to replace? How is that going to work? Surely it would take all weekend to get them up to speed?

So does that mean that juror will be replaced? And I'm guessing that the new juror will have access to all of the same evidence the others have had..

I thought in cases like this that they tried to pick jury members who aren't from the local area the crime was committed so as to try and stop this like this happening

Crimes agonist children fb page reporting no replacement juror will be bought in

Will they have to get a new one in to replace? How is that going to work? Surely it would take all weekend to get them up to speed?

So does that mean that juror will be replaced? And I'm guessing that the new juror will have access to all of the same evidence the others have had..

I thought in cases like this that they tried to pick jury members who aren't from the local area the crime was committed so as to try and stop this like this happening

When the jury was originally selected backups were chosen too.

They've already replaced one juror. Initially there were 11 women and 1 man. This changed to 10 women and 2 men earlier in the case. I think it's now too late for another replacement.

Crimes agonist children fb page reporting no replacement juror will be bought in

Oh that's interesting. I remember when it began, someone ( here or elsewhere cant remember which ! ) said that there were 2 alternate jurors, who would sit in the court for about the first five days to listen to evidence.

We know that one of those 2 replaced one of the original jurors, so I am guessing that the second alternate juror was no longer around, being as we are in Week Two now.

They've already replaced one juror. Initially there were 11 women and 1 man. This changed to 10 women and 2 men earlier in the case. I think it's now too late for another replacement.
See above thread - they aren't replacing the juror released today

I've been trying to think of any recent UK cases where the defendant has not testified. That would settle the matter.

I'm pretty sure Vincent Tabak did (Jo Yeates case), and the guy that killed Tia Sharp definitely did. What about Matk Bridger - got a feeling he did not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing that I'm just finding astounding is how open Shauna was in her interview about her dislike of Becky. Why would she do that knowing what they had done? She obviously has no issues lying about other aspects of the case so why not lie about her feelings towards her?

My guess is she just couldnt help herself...the dislike came across stronger as the interview progressed imo ...... she's not the brightest is she, just couldnt hold back.

Oh that's interesting. I remember when it began, someone ( here or elsewhere cant remember which ! ) said that there were 2 alternate jurors, who would sit in the court for about the first five days to listen to evidence.

We know that one of those 2 replaced one of the original jurors, so I am guessing that the second alternate juror was no longer around, being as we are in Week Two now.
Or they've deemed the trial too far along now. I'm guessing if they replaced the juror now then the defendants would try and argue they had an unfair trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member