GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty damning - kinds blows KD story of not knowing out the window. They didn't say Beckys body..the body..

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Not necessarily if it's a conversation about how NM's and SH's reason for arrest has gone from suspicion of kidnapping to suspicion of murder.

Remember, the arrests of the helpers was made BEFORE the shed was searched

I'm not quite sure if to believe they knew what was in the packages or not. With them saying they have found 'the' body, that to me appears to be strange wording as if to say they have found what we helped move etc. but again if it was after them talking about NM & SH murder charge it would make sense I suppose. It is going to be hard to convict them I think. Not so hard to convict SH & NM of murder tho I whole heartedly hope & prey...

This family deserve justice.

Not necessarily if it's a conversation about how NM's and SH's reason for arrest has gone from suspicion of kidnapping to suspicion of murder.

Remember, the arrests of the helpers was made BEFORE the shed was searched

Yes, exactly, and I seem to remember there being some confusion on FB etc about when Becky's remains were actually found - people were reporting that they'd found a body before they had etc. JI does say he saw the report on FB so it could've just been hearsay. MOO but if this is the case then I think he might've been saying this to the others at the time to reassure them (and himself) that whatever they had in the shed was not related to the murder? We'll see whether this is the case very soon I imagine.

I'm not quite sure if to believe they knew what was in the packages or not. With them saying they have found 'the' body, that to me appears to be strange wording as if to say they have found what we helped move etc. but again if it was after them talking about NM & SH murder charge it would make sense I suppose. It is going to be hard to convict them I think. Not so hard to convict SH & NM of murder tho I whole heartedly hope & prey...

This family need justice.

Why do you say it's going to be hard to convict them? They are only charged with assisting an offender. It doesn't matter whether they knew what was in the packages. It is irrelevant to the charge.

KD and JP have pleaded guilty, so are awaiting sentencing.
There's enough to convict JI.
DD is the only one who may be acquitted.

But the £5,000 payment lends credence to the idea that it was a drug deal. How would they expect NM to fund this if they knew all along it was a murder?

I note DD doesn't seem to have taken part in the Snapchat conversation.

I wonder what would have happened on the Friday that NM had promised them the money, had he not been caught before then?

Obviously it has no bearing on this, but clearly NM didn't have £5,000 to hand to his mates so at that point, so I wonder if anyone would have inspected the packages when the money didn't materialise to see why they were so valuable, or to prevent him from removing them from the shed?

I don't believe they thought they were storing a body, but if they thought it was anything related to Becky such as a weapon or clothing, then they deserve a hefty sentence themselves.

Had he not been caught, I wonder how he was going to get that £5,000 ... as he would be taking a massive risk if he didn't hand over the money, because at some point surely one of his mates would have got suspicious, or even spoken to the police about the hidden packages in revenge for being let down over the promised money.

Yes, exactly, and I seem to remember there being some confusion on FB etc about when Becky's remains were actually found - people were reporting that they'd found a body before they had etc. JI does say he saw the report on FB so it could've just been hearsay. MOO but if this is the case then I think he might've been saying this to the others at the time to reassure them (and himself) that whatever they had in the shed was not related to the murder? We'll see whether this is the case very soon I imagine.

Yes, that is a very good point re when the snap chat happened. It could indeed be JI feeling relieved that whatever was in the shed, it was not a body............ I wonder if there were further * chats* with them then wondering what exactly they were storing

I wonder what would have happened on the Friday that NM had promised them the money, had he not been caught before then?

Obviously it has no bearing on this, but clearly NM didn't have £5,000 to hand to his mates so at that point, so I wonder if anyone would have inspected the packages when the money didn't materialise to see why they were so valuable, or to prevent him from removing them from the shed?

I don't believe they thought they were storing a body, but if they thought it was anything related to Becky such as a weapon or clothing, then they deserve a hefty sentence themselves.

Had he not been caught, I wonder how he was going to get that £5,000 ... as he would be taking a massive risk if he didn't hand over the money, because at some point surely one of his mates would have got suspicious, or even spoken to the police about the hidden packages in revenge for being let down over the promised money.

I do find it very difficult to believe that none of them had a look at the storage items. Even if they did not realise the suitcases contained body parts - as we now know how very well wrapped they were - they might have seen the other stuff, the female clothing for instance, and surely that would ring alarm bells.

however, my belief and the court proving stuff are two very different things.

edited to add - was NM giving them the money on the Friday 27th ?
I wonder if they chased him on that ( he would have been at SHs mother's house on that day and night ) and if he gave them some excuse -
and then, when they realised he had been arrested on the morning of the 28th , did they still not want to know what they were storing ?

Yes, that is a very good point re when the snap chat happened. It could indeed be JI feeling relieved that whatever was in the shed, it was not a body............ I wonder if there were further * chats* with them then wondering what exactly they were storing

Hard to believe they didn't put 2 and 2 together though. Becky went missing, the media reported other people were in the house at the time (must have been common knowledge that SH and NM spent a lot of time there) and NM suddenly needs something hidden. I mean, most people on here were suspicious from the start that Becky's disappearance was linked to someone close to her, so I find it hard to believe they didn't at least suspect some involvement.

Sorry, made a right mess of quoting - see next post for the proper version!

I do find it very difficult to believe that none of them had a look at the storage items. Even if they did not realise the suitcases contained body parts - as we now know how very well wrapped they were - they might have seen the other stuff, the female clothing for instance, and surely that would ring alarm bells.

however, my belief and the court proving stuff are two very different things.

edited to add - was NM giving them the money on the Friday 27th ?
I wonder if they chased him on that ( he would have been at SHs mother's house on that day and night ) and if he gave them some excuse -
and then, when they realised he had been arrested on the morning of the 28th , did they still not want to know what they were storing
?

Yes, that is exactly what I meant!

http://www.itv.com/news/west/update...l-accused-searched-internet-for-missing-teen/

On February 24, Matthews texted his mother Anjie Galsworthy - Becky's stepmother - at 9.36am, writing:

"Hi, just thought I would update you, police have searched Shauna's house and obviously found nothing. Hope you are all managing as best as possible, I will see you tomorrow."

I haven't seen this before. He says 'obviously' A LOT. By 'Shauna's house' does he mean the house where they both lived with their daughter? Why not 'our house'? That's an odd way of phrasing it.

More info from FB:

UK & Eire database for all crimes against children
There is no way that Shauna was asleep when Nathan cut the body up with a circular power saw.
Like · Reply · 2 mins

UK & Eire database for all crimes against children
Nathan says she was in asleep in the next room

But even still, "the body" is an odd choice of words if they didn't know for sure Becky was dead. If they'd said "a body" or "Becky's body" it would have been more ambigious. "The" suggests to me that the sender expected the recipient to know exactly what he meant, and even to know it was about Becky specifically.

All that said, I still don't think any of the 4 of them knew for sure they had body parts in the shed. I think NM was a dealer (to whatever extent) as the offer of £5000 could only really apply to that sort of shenanigans. I think they must have had massive suspicions but they didn't act fast enough - had they called the police right away they'd have been exonerated by now. I reckon they just could not believe their mate could be a killer (I mean, who would?) and figured they needed to help him out with his dodgy dealings, stay quiet, get their cash, and continue on as normal.

Hmmm. I'm conflicted with myself. I'll go with: didn't know initially, suspicious towards the end, pretty damn sure at the last minute, didn't do the right thing and call the cops. Sentence? 5-10 years each for being so foolish, on all counts.

Hey folks please remember to add links when you are quoting a news source.

But even still, "the body" is an odd choice of words if they didn't know for sure Becky was dead. If they'd said "a body" or "Becky's body" it would have been more ambigious. "The" suggests to me that the sender expected the recipient to know exactly what he meant, and even to know it was about Becky specifically.

All that said, I still don't think any of the 4 of them knew for sure they had body parts in the shed. I think NM was a dealer (to whatever extent) as the offer of £5000 could only really apply to that sort of shenanigans. I think they must have had massive suspicions but they didn't act fast enough - had they called the police right away they'd have been exonerated by now. I reckon they just could not believe their mate could be a killer (I mean, who would?) and figured they needed to help him out with his dodgy dealings, stay quiet, get their cash, and continue on as normal.

Hmmm. I'm conflicted with myself. I'll go with: didn't know initially, suspicious towards the end, pretty damn sure at the last minute, didn't do the right thing and call the cops. Sentence? 5-10 years each for being so foolish, on all counts.

Is it not likely that KD and JP will get reduced sentences compared with JI as they pleaded guilty at the first opportunity?

On February 24, Matthews texted his mother Anjie Galsworthy - Becky's stepmother - at 9.36am, writing:

"Hi, just thought I would update you, police have searched Shauna's house and obviously found nothing. Hope you are all managing as best as possible, I will see you tomorrow."

I haven't seen this before. He says 'obviously' A LOT. By 'Shauna's house' does he mean the house where they both lived with their daughter? Why not 'our house'? That's an odd way of phrasing it.

Obviously seems to be his default word !

Re the house - technically it was SHs house and not his - he was registered as living elsewhere when he was charged. However, it is interesting that he used those words to his mother, as surely she thought of them as living together in Cotton Mill Lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop