GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confusing there ....... by them, does the witness mean NM and SH ? took them to Southmead ( that is SHs mothers property ) and unloaded bags ? wonder which bags these were ?

"Them" is the "bags" JI picked up

Confusing there ....... by them, does the witness mean NM and SH ? took them to Southmead ( that is SHs mothers property ) and unloaded bags ? wonder which bags these were ?

I took 'them' to mean the bags, not NM & SH. He then went back to Barton Court and found them arguing.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 20m20 minutes ago

Ireland (JI) described the bags as 'heavy' but didn't say what he thought they were #beckywatts

Which is the south mead address?

This is SHs mother's house - very confusing so far to me. I had previously read that JI and KD picked up NM and SH from the Southmead property and drove them to Cotton Mill Lane, then went and collected a van and then went back and collected the bags from Cotton Mill Lane and took them round to the shed at Barton Court.

Siobhan Robbins Verified account  ‏@SiobhanRobbins · 7m7 minutes ago
Knight says JI said he took them to a house in Southmead where he unloaded the bags and drove back to the house in Barton Hill.

So the bags were taken to Southmead???? First I've heard of this

Maybe this is the bit JI's lawyer is suggesting the witness got confused about? I thought JI picked up NM and SH from the Southmead house and took them to CML, not that he took the bags there.

Ignore me I'm trying to work out how to copy tweets but will leave it to Tortoise!

Either JI has chosen not to give evidence, or perhaps this witness is in some way helping to show that JI knew nothing about what was in the bags ?

I think JI is the one who is reported as having special needs in the form of ADHD and autism, so possible he's not going to give evidence in court himself
The witness said that on occasion Ireland had asked him for some help - making it clear that he had difficulty with reading and writing and needed help using the internet. He also told the court he had some difficulty with his speech. The defence asked if he knew that these difficulties were in part caused by his suffering from ADHD or autism

http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2015-10-09/becky-watts-trial-day-3/

And why did he return to Barton Hill anyway? Surely his part in the job was done and dusted, why did he need to go back again?

To talk about payment would be my guess (or did NM go with them to take the bags?).

I'm confused, isn't Barton Hill where JP & KD live? So were they the ones arguing? Or is this witness getting it mixed up?

11:21
[h=3]'Ireland didn't know Becky's body parts were in bags' - says friend[/h]In February, Mr Knight spoke to Ireland in his bedroom.
He says Ireland told him the night before he’d helped move “some stuff” from an address in Barton Hill, Bristol.
Mr Knight says Ireland drove a work van there and saw man and a “good looking” woman at the address.
They “put some bags in the van and then drove off”, he told his friend.
Mr Knight tells the court: “I asked him if he knew what was in the bags because it could have been anything. He just said they were heavy.”
He says Ireland has been his best friend for the past “four plus years”, they’d play football together at weekends.
He tells the jury there is “no chance” Ireland would knowingly get himself involved in serious crime.
Mr Knight says he believed Ireland “100%” when he told him he hadn’t looked in bags containing Becky’s body parts and didn’t know what was inside.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6673031

Added for source re ADHD and autism

The witness said that on occasion Ireland had asked him for some help - making it clear that he had difficulty with reading and writing and needed help using the internet. He also told the court he had some difficulty with his speech. The defence asked if he knew that these difficulties were in part caused by his suffering from ADHD or autism.

http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2015-10-09/becky-watts-trial-day-3/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member