GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally. All I can think is maybe it's wishful thinking that the text messages wouldn't come to light. I wouldn't have thought that sexual fantasies would be something you forget. Although I guess I'm making an assumption that they are sexual..

Doesn't tie in with the rest of her defence either. Would have been more believable if she had said she was scared he'd be annoyed if she didn't go along with his fantasies imo.

Her step mother was quoting her mother.

ETA re him demanding sexual favours from Sh when she asked for things. The example given was she asked him for something and he said only if you give me a blowy OWTTE. TBH that's something I can imagine certain blokes saying as a joke.

But not in front of their GFs Mum

Yes I've heard that said on lots of occasions over the years, always as a joke when the girl/woman in the relationship wanted something. I think said amongst friends on a night out is probably quite common - though saying it in front of your mum would be something different entirely! Not that it meant anything different, just a strange thing to say in that company.

I don't agree that its a comment I'd relate to someone who has been groomed. More along the lines of a woman saying to her husband "I really like that handbag, do you fancy buying it for me?" and him replying with a comment along those lines. Its more of a "what's in it for me?" than grooming, imo.

True, I've heard it used in that context as well in which case if this was the case then again, it was a normal joking thing to SH so I'm not surprised she hasn't raised it at all.

But it all depends on the context of how it was said. I guess which we don't know.

Doesn't tie in with the rest of her defence either. Would have been more believable if she had said she was scared he'd be annoyed if she didn't go along with his fantasies imo.

Neither wants the sexual motive to be brought forward, to be even considered. Nope, don't even have sex often. Nope, just regular sex when do engage

MOO, that was their motive and they don't want to even go near it

Miss Shauna had plenty to yack to police about Becky's developing, blossoming sexuality, though as I mentioned in a post this weekend!

No, but then didn't LD say in her evidence that he also joked about havig sex with her or something like that? He had vey skewed sexual boundaries! My husband would never dream of saying anything to my mother like that!

Neither wants the sexual motive to be brought forward, to be even considered. Nope, don't even have sex often. Nope, just regular sex when do engage

Miss Shauna had plenty to yack to police about Becky's developing, blossoming sexuality, though as I mentioned in a post this weekend!

I agree 100% that that was the motive.

Even at the stage where she knows he's admitted killing Becky and is appalled, she doesn't mention that she knew he was sexually attracted to teenage school girls.

Yes I've heard that said on lots of occasions over the years, always as a joke when the girl/woman in the relationship wanted something. I think said amongst friends on a night out is probably quite common - though saying it in front of your mum would be something different entirely! Not that it meant anything different, just a strange thing to say in that company.

I don't agree that its a comment I'd relate to someone who has been groomed. More along the lines of a woman saying to her husband "I really like that handbag, do you fancy buying it for me?" and him replying with a comment along those lines. Its more of a "what's in it for me?" than grooming, imo.

I get that jokes about BJ's are made in a quid pro quo way. In fact, a good friend of mine received an engagement ring (of her choosing) and it has a 3.64 carat diamond in the center. She and her now husband of 20 years joke that she still owes him 328 BJs. When made in good fun, sexual favor jokes are funny.

However, if this "condition" was really implied, I'm not too sure a young girl would really know how to navigate her response. Does she tell home to piss off? Does she give him the BJ and get to wear her makeup? Next time she wants to do something does he say that again to her? I mean, we don't know what their sexual dynamic was. Maybe SH really felt she had to comply. Maybe she thought it was a joke.

Even at the stage where she knows he's admitted killing Becky and is appalled, she doesn't mention that she knew he was sexually attracted to teenage school girls.

Also, their FB exchanges have heavy sexual undertones. I got the impression that she constantly mentioned sex as a way of currying favour with him; ditto probably with the teenage girl kidnapping texts.

Like Shauna stated, at some point she became "joined" to him, at one with him, prob even of one mind with him

And imo that incl their sexual habits

I get that jokes about BJ's are made in a quid pro quo way. In fact, a good friend of mine received an engagement ring (of her choosing) and it has a 3.64 carat diamond in the center. She and her now husband of 20 years joke that she still owes him 328 BJs. When made in good fun, sexual favor jokes are funny.

However, if this "condition" was really implied, I'm not too sure a young girl would really know how to navigate her response. Does she tell home to piss off? Does she give him the BJ and get to wear her makeup? Next time she wants to do something does he say that again to her? I mean, we don't know what their sexual dynamic was. Maybe SH really felt she had to comply. Maybe she thought it was a joke.

I agree, I mean to most people I'd think it would be a joke made that may result in a n 'of' type comment and a playful punch on the arm. It wouldn't be something that they would go ahead with. I guess we don't know if SH did go ahead with it thogh.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 1m1 minute ago
Jury now being read a number of statements in connection with the case including NM's employer and DD's ex partner #beckywatts

Siobhan Robbins Verified account  ‏@SiobhanRobbins · 3m3 minutes ago
Statement from Andy Law-Laws Kitchen Owner, says NM last worked 18/2/15.

I agree, I mean to most people I'd think it would be a joke made that may result in a n 'of' type comment and a playful punch on the arm. It wouldn't be something that they would go ahead with. I guess we don't know if SH did go ahead with it thogh.

Wouldn't she have mentioned it, along with the claims of abusive and controlling behaviour she already listed. I mean, she said he strangled her once, didn't she, and she has said that she had to ask for money from him .... so if he was forcing her into sexual activity in return for things, surely she would have mentioned it? It would help her defence for the jury to think he was doing that kind of thing, so why keep quiet about it? Especially as she was asked specifically about their sex life, so an ideal time to disclose it, surely?

Was due to work on the Friday too but NM text him to say had electrical problems with his car.

25/2 text again saying he has family issues and needed 5 weeks off.

Siobhan Robbins Verified account  ‏@SiobhanRobbins · 1m1 minute ago
20/2 Chinese takeaway ordered including Chicken fried rice, chips, Rio drink in a name of Sophie Cook. Was for NM/SH

Interesting to see that according to JI , NM first asks jsut for a life home then once they've dropped them off, theres another phone call about moving the items. I think it's at that point JI had told a friend he saw a woman crying/shouting , yet it doesn't look like police have asked him about that. SH's version says NM stays talking in the car and she goes in and when she wakes up in the morning he's there. Sounds more like SH,NM and child were dropped off and went inside , then later NM rings them about moving the items.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 38 mins38 minutes ago
Says bought suitcases,blue tub and black bin liner.Karl and he put stuff in the shed.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 39 mins39 minutes ago
Later Karl got call from male again asking if could store clothes/electricals in his hse.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 39 mins39 minutes ago
JI agreed Says gave man& woman a lift,dropped both off.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 43 mins43 minutes ago
23/2/15 says he was working with Karl Demetrius.Karl got a call from a friend asking to give him a lift from Southmead to Barton Hill.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 8m8 minutes ago

20/2 Chinese takeaway ordered including Chicken fried rice, chips, Rio drink in a name of Sophie Cook. Was for NM/SH

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 10m10 minutes ago

25/2 text again saying he has family issues and needed 5 weeks off.

Was due to work on the Friday too but NM text him to say had electrical problems with his car.

Statement from Andy Law-Laws Kitchen Owner, says NM last worked 18/2/15.

https://twitter.com/SiobhanRobbins

Something noted earlier. NM had given two different reasons for needing a lift back that night. (the night they went to SH's mothers when police wanted to search)One that the car was playing up and the other that he had been drinking

Something noted earlier. NM had given two different reasons for needing a lift back that night. (the night they went to SH's mothers when police wanted to search)One that the car was playing up and the other that he had been drinking

Poss too that once the home has to be cleared, Shauna wants to size up the two males who will be picking up & stashing Becky's remains & other evidence. This is her opportunity to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025