GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
funnily enough I don't think it's of any relevance. I just see it that NM was supposed to be at work and didn't want them knowing it was his order, and they probably knew SH or her name. Can't think why they didn't just get a takeaway somewhere else though.

Sorry, I'm probably obsessing on that point too much! Everything is so odd in this case that all the little odd details get me thinking far too much!

Siobhan Robbins Verified account  ‏@SiobhanRobbins · 49s49 seconds ago
Ordered in the name of Shauna Phillips, a name SH use to go by.

So ordered by SH or at least in SH's name using NM's card and money. Possibly complete opposite to how she says things worked, where he has control of the money.

Also meaning the parcel would likely be addressed to SH, not something NM would do if he was buying them secretly and didn't want her to find out! Surely he wouldn't mention her name at all.

Siobhan Robbins Verified account  ‏@SiobhanRobbins · 58s58 seconds ago
No form of sexual injury discovered on Becky Watts

I'm pleased to hear that. It won't gove anyone much comfort I'm sure but at least she didn't endure that as wel.

So ordered by SH or at least in SH's name using NM's card and money. Possibly complete opposite to how she says things worked, where he has control of the money.

Also meaning the parcel would likely be addressed to SH, not something NM would do if he was buying them secretly and didn't want her to find out! Surely he wouldn't mention her name at all.

next she'll be saying she wasn't allowed to open her own post

I've been thinking a lot about the stub guns. Is there any 'legitimate' reason to buy one? I say legitimate in inverted commas because they are illegal. Is it something that is considered cool to own among certain sections of the population? Are they something people mess around with? It's all so alien to me that I really can't think of any reason order one other than To hurt someonebut is there a reason some people might use them? Have they been used in some Jackass type show on anything and someone might they were funny?

Searched YouTube and answered my own question. It seems some people do find it entertaining to buy stunguns and mess around with them. Baffling!

I've been thinking a lot about the stub guns. Is there any 'legitimate' reason to buy one? I say legitimate in inverted commas because they are illegal. Is it something that is considered cool to own among certain sections of the population? Are they something people mess around with? It's all so alien to me that I really can't think of any reason order one other than To hurt someonebut is there a reason some people might use them? Have they been used in some Jackass type show on anything and someone might they were funny?

I've only really read about them being retrieved along side other illegal things like drugs or weapons in the past. So used in illegal activities or for protection. Saying that I could imagine some idiots( wanted to use a stronger word) who might just buy one for the thrill or to show off, mess about with it.

Hmmm...JI admits he put cases in the shed without looking in them. It was night time when they were moved so I can very well believe this.

After reviewing everything mentioned so far I can't see where the sexually motivated part of the crime comes in? Yes they may have had some dodgy sexual thoughts but there doesn't seem to be anything sexual about this crime imo.

I'm also starting to think that although SH account does not add up there isn't any concrete evidence to show she was involved in the murder.

I've only really read about them being retrieved along side other illegal things like drugs or weapons in the past. So used in illegal activities or for protection. Saying that I could imagine some idiots( wanted to use a stronger word) who might just buy one for the thrill or to show off, mess about with it.

Sorry, crossed posts. It seems from YouTube that some people do find them funny to play with.

Siobhan Robbins Verified account  ‏@SiobhanRobbins · 42s43 seconds ago
Court adjourned until tomorrow morning

After reviewing everything mentioned so far I can't see where the sexually motivated part of the crime comes in? Yes they may have had some dodgy sexual thoughts but there doesn't seem to be anything sexual about this crime imo.

I'm also starting to think that although SH account does not add up there isn't any concrete evidence to show she was involved in the murder.

I think the "knock a pretty girl out take her back to the attic" may have been the original plan and that Becky died at the first stage and so the next part of the plan was never executed.

At this stage I personally think she was involved in everything bar buying the saw, but legally I think they'll struggle to find her guilty of murder, everything else though... guilty.

Indeed. Now given that why would any 'ordinary everyday folk' need to buy 2 Stun guns?
Unless there was the BOGOF offer.
I could think of plenty of household items to use as 'protection' if I felt the need arose.
Thing is. Unlike guns etc they are freely available for sale on a UK selling site.
NM & SH didn't seem to have a circle of friends that they could 'mess around or show off 'with the Stun guns.
I wished the Prosecution would of asked the reason behind buying them was.

Was DG statement made before or after the discovery of BW body?

That should have no importance for his statement as he only had to say the truth and nothing but the truth. If he did good on him.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 3m3 minutes ago
Court has finished for the day and will resume tomorrow at 11am. #beckywatts

First time I've followed a trial and will now show my ignorance.

How does the Defense usually happen? I'm wondering here because nobody has taken the stand yet, and it seems general opinion (here) is that is the way it will continue.

At least the Prosecution have statements and vids, so what is the Defense likely to use? They've had the chance of cross examination already I think, so what Defense evidence is possible?

eta - asking because I absolutely have no idea how these things run.

Ok so I took a step back over the past couple of days because quite frankly this thread was becoming too snidey with sly digs coming from all directions. However I have still been following the thread and trial and have a few thoughts which I shall go and type up now. Overall though I do think the the prosecution case is quite poor for everyone aside from NM. On fact I'm suprised the CPS allowed some of the charges...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

How does the Defense usually happen? I'm wondering here because nobody has taken the stand yet, and it seems general opinion (here) is that is the way it will continue.

At least the Prosecution have statements and vids, so what is the Defense likely to use? They've had the chance of cross examination already I think, so what Defense evidence is possible?

The prosecution present their case, then the defence theirs. The defendants can then take the stand if they wish to put their side across. Sometimes they don't - they may feel their case is stronger if they don't.

The defence may also present other evidence. So for example there may be other text messages they want to draw the jury's attention to. The prosecution will of course have made texts look like they prove the crime but what may happen is the defence present them again and put a different light on them.

There will also probably be defence character witness statements and possibly some of them taking the stand.

The defence probably won't do very much at all. They don't have to explain why she is innocent they just need to put doubt in the jurors minds that she is totally guilty. They'll probably try picking a few holes in the prosecutions case and leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025