GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is "anxiously attached to AG" meant to mean?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
I took it to mean she got anxious when she wasn't with her. I know theres such a thing as attachment disorder but don't know much about it.

There is the ordering of stun guns in SH's name - two stun guns. I would like to hear an explanation as to why those were purchased. And why use a different name to the one SH usually goes by, regardless as to who purchased them.

I think SH has been using the name Phillips for years (possibly something to do with when she was in foster care?)

It was only when charges were brought against her that we discovered her real surname.

He has done since and hopefully will get to say a few words again, but at one point remember he was talking to police too. They would have had to rule out all family members involvement and if SH had told police that Becky's dad had thrown her out of the house previously for her behaviour, police would want to clarify what had happened there and the reasons for it.

I agree. And in hindsight I can imagine he would have been livid with himself when hearing that in the court room, even though there was no bad intent.

So what is "anxiously attached to AG" meant to mean?

My understanding of anxious attachment is needing to feel loved, wanting to be accepted and scared of being left/abandoned. That kind of relationship.

I've missed your posts! Hopefully the catty-ness seems to have stopped. It is a shame when it happens as we ALL have a right to state our own views whether they are weird, bizarre or spot-on. That's what makes it good, the more who take part the more possibilities arise IMO.

: GET WELL & COME BACK RETRIBUTION I'D LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS

Snipped by me .......... Just wanted to add my two pennorth re that as well. I have followed several cases via Websleuths and have never before seen so much unpleasantness on a thread as on this one in these past few days.
As you rightly say, we all have differing opinions and the more the better imo, as it gives a wider view to the situation.
Hopefully it has all gone away now and the robust discussion can continue with respect for everyone's opinions.

If I were on the jury I'd want NM and SH to be witnesses for the defence so they could be cross examined and we'd hear more about their explanations... but if I were SH and NM's defence lawyers I don't think I'd want them to be cross examined, as they could dig themselves deeper.

Now there's a thought, they could well bring in NM to argue that he was 'just asking a mate a favour'!!!

[video=youtube;J5nygD1lecU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5nygD1lecU[/video] think this is the video she showed him ...lyrics are very telling moo

Just cannot believe this is coincidence it makes NM laugh SH says just so happens there is a body that needs to be hid just not funny!

I took it to mean she got anxious when she wasn't with her. I know theres such a thing as attachment disorder but don't know much about it.

Attachment disorder is something I've come across in previous jobs in relation to children I was working with. To put it simply - the kids I worked with hadn't formed an attachment to their mother (usually the case rather than the father as its the primary care giver which it stems from), as they hadn't been nurtured by her from a very young age. This lack of bonding/attachment shows itself in later years, along the lines of personality disorder, even psychopathic symptoms.

In the cases I worked with, the children had been in care from a very young age, as the mothers had been alcoholic and drug users (different children, different mothers). They had been passed around different carers, different family members and by the time they were teenagers, displayed concerning behaviours - one was quite violent, threatening to girls, very sly and devious. He would talk inappropriately about sex, had no concept of how other people felt. It was like he had shut off all his emotions. He didn't care who he hurt emotionally. It was put down to attachment disorder by his social worker. Its been a lot time since I worked in that area, so may not have explained it very well.

ETA Reading this back, sounds a lot like NM in some ways.

Hmm a good links for attachment disorders in teens

http://www.communitycare.co.uk/2008/03/05/guide-to-attachment-disorder/

http://www.villagebh.com/disorders/reactive-attachment/symptoms-signs-effects

If it was an attachment disorder then that seems to be at odds with what was stated before about her being close to AG

He has done since and hopefully will get to say a few words again, but at one point remember he was talking to police too. They would have had to rule out all family members involvement and if SH had told police that Becky's dad had thrown her out of the house previously for her behaviour, police would want to clarify what had happened there and the reasons for it.

He was helping police and if the statement was given prior to knowing what had happened to her then he has even greater reason to be as honest as possible as he wanted to find her. Not saying he wouldnt be honest anyway but just added reason.

That on its own is so strange. So many things don't add up (yet), but that almost above everything. IMO

The excuse that they didn't know there were searches is one of the least believable of all the stuff they have told in their statements.
Even if - and it is a huge IF, given that this was National news and in Bristol must have been enormous news, with posters, facebook pages, tweets etc, advising re the searches - but even if all of this somehow passed them by - why were they not phoning AG and DG to see what support they could offer ?
As the son/stepson and registered carer surely they were the two closest people to Becky's father and stepmother. And yet it was left to other family members to provide all the support and organisation regarding Becky's disappearance.

Attachment disorder is something I've come across in previous jobs in relation to children I was working with. To put it simply - the kids I worked with hadn't formed an attachment to their mother (usually the case rather than the father as its the primary care giver which it stems from), as they hadn't been nurtured by her from a very young age. This lack of bonding/attachment shows itself in later years, along the lines of personality disorder, even psychopathic symptoms.

In the cases I worked with, the children had been in care from a very young age, as the mothers had been alcoholic and drug users (different children, different mothers). They had been passed around different carers, different family members and by the time they were teenagers, displayed concerning behaviours - one was quite violent, threatening to girls, very sly and devious. He would talk inappropriately about sex, had no concept of how other people felt. It was like he had shut off all his emotions. He didn't care who he hurt emotionally. It was put down to attachment disorder by his social worker. Its been a lot time since I worked in that area, so may not have explained it very well.

ETA Reading this back, sounds a lot like NM in some ways.
You've put it very well yid. I've worked with a few people with the disorder. It's interesting that the phrase "anxiously attached" was used to describe Beckys behaviour with AG as it does imply an attachment disorder but the behaviours associated with ADs are at odds with how Becky and AGs relationship was described...Although that was the words of SH...

Becky may have, at one time, felt anxious about disagreements with or challenges to her Step-mom...

Apparently, after therapy, she felt less anxiety about going against and challenging AG, obeying AG to-the-letter...pretty normal teenage behavior (the latter) imo

I think it's what Nathan is trying to sell that he has with his Mum

Maybe I missed it, or it may come out in trial, but was there a reason why NM was raised by his grandma? Just thinking that maybe the defense will bring this sort of thing up, if it would help his case.

Re the attachment disorder. There was some earlier reporting where I read that Becky was, at one time, too frightened to go to school on her own and AG had to go with her and actually sit in the classroom with her. I think this was primary school years, but surely, something like this would have helped form a bond between Becky and AG at a young age.

Maybe I missed it, or it may come out in trial, but was there a reason why NM was raised by his grandma? Just thinking that maybe the defense will bring this sort of thing up, if it would help his case.

Have never seen a reason reported but it may have been a reason for him to feel jealous of Becky, being brought up by the mother that was not available for him.

Nope no reason was given. Grandma just testified that he had lived with her from a young age until 23. Whether that was continuous or not I don't know. But it does beg the question - people have said that NM was controlling of SH from the beginning of their relationship - how would that be possible if he was living with his Grandma. Unless SH lived there too? Just thinking that that is 2 years after he got together with SH. It's difficult to control someone when you're not living together...moot point

Child Psych is stating Becky was very attached to her step-mom to the point of feeling a lot of anxiety, perhaps, being without her, disobeying & disagreeing with her...the works

^^This is not Attachment Disorder as posters pointed out & linked to

I just cannot believe SH knew nothing, nor queried anything. I would like to see the vid of her after she had been charged, and the one nearly 2 months later. I truly haven't made up my mind yet and await the defense. (By the way, am I the only one to use the English spelling :thinking: ??? )

We see nothing of what is happening in court, and we only get snippets so from an outside point of view it is very, very, difficult to judge imo.

I only hope the jury take their time, and have the evidence in chronological order - following here it appears to be presented in bits and pieces and to me it is sometimes difficult to follow. I don't take notes though. !!

Defence is the UK English spelling. Defense is US English.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members