GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Child Psych is stating Becky was very attached to her step-mom to the point of feeling a lot of anxiety, perhaps, being without her, disobeying & disagreeing with her...the works

^^This is not Attachment Disorder as posters pointed out & linked to
I know. I queried what was meant by the phrase and attachment disorder was raised. I linked and stated that this was at odds with what we had heard about Becky and AGs relationship

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

funnily enough I don't think it's of any relevance. I just see it that NM was supposed to be at work and didn't want them knowing it was his order, and they probably knew SH or her name. Can't think why they didn't just get a takeaway somewhere else though.

If it was for delivery wouldn't they have known it was their house by the address given?

The excuse that they didn't know there were searches is one of the least believable of all the stuff they have told in their statements.
Even if - and it is a huge IF, given that this was National news and in Bristol must have been enormous news, with posters, facebook pages, tweets etc, advising re the searches - but even if all of this somehow passed them by - why were they not phoning AG and DG to see what support they could offer ?
As the son/stepson and registered carer surely they were the two closest people to Becky's father and stepmother. And yet it was left to other family members to provide all the support and organisation regarding Becky's disappearance.

The searches were on our local news every night for several days, I vividly remember it. There were posters everywhere in Bristol. No way they didn't know there were massive searches going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re the attachment disorder. There was some earlier reporting where I read that Becky was, at one time, too frightened to go to school on her own and AG had to go with her and actually sit in the classroom with her. I think this was primary school years, but surely, something like this would have helped form a bond between Becky and AG at a young age.
I work with under 5s. A securly attched baby will cry when their primary care giver leaves but you will be able to distract them, then when their care giver returns they will be happy to see them and seek them out over other care givers.

An anxiously attched baby will cant be distracted when the care giver leaves, or they might become overly attached to a secondry care giver in place of the primary care giver.

Its quiet common with children that have been adopted and already lost a primary caregiver at a young age.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The searches were on our local news every night for several days, I vividly remember it. There were posters everywhere in Bristol. No way they didn't know there were massive searches going on.

Even though I don't live in Bristol any more ALL of my Bristolian friends had the search info on their fb profiles, some of those lived locally to Becky, many did not. However I find it hard that two people who used fb quite a lot would fail to notice or not have any friends advertising the searches on their fb profiles...

“I don’t understand. I can’t even look at him. I just wanted to kill him – bad choice of words. I felt sick looking at him knowing what he did.

“I didn’t always like Becky but she was a nice enough girl, she was so young. I don’t understand why he did it. I don’t understand how he could have done it to us.”

<snip>

&#8220;To know that if I had pushed him one day it could have been me. I just don&#8217;t understand any of it.

&#8220;There is still a part of me that does care for him but it is more anger and disgust that he has taken, that he has done that.

&#8220;The fact he has no concern for anyone whatsoever. He is sick, physically sick.&#8221;

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...are-sick-learning-body-home?CMP=twt_b-gdnnews

&#8220;I don&#8217;t understand. I can&#8217;t even look at him. I just wanted to kill him &#8211; bad choice of words. I felt sick looking at him knowing what he did.

&#8220;I didn&#8217;t always like Becky but she was a nice enough girl, she was so young. I don&#8217;t understand why he did it. I don&#8217;t understand how he could have done it to us.&#8221;

<snip>

&#8220;To know that if I had pushed him one day it could have been me. I just don&#8217;t understand any of it.

&#8220;There is still a part of me that does care for him but it is more anger and disgust that he has taken, that he has done that.

&#8220;The fact he has no concern for anyone whatsoever. He is sick, physically sick.&#8221;

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...are-sick-learning-body-home?CMP=twt_b-gdnnews

I think 'anger' and 'disgust' are quite mild words in the circumstances. I felt/feel more than that and I am in no way connected to Becky.

Another poster did say it seemed wrong to - paraphrasing here - concentrate on SH's words, but it really is what we have to go on. I

can't put myself in her position, I can only judge by what I consider normal reactions to such an atrocious act would be actually happening so

close to me.

Anger and disgust are what I feel when some dog walkers don't pick up the dog poo .

Coming from myself who lives just outside of Bristol. Probably nearer to NM mom. The MSM covered BW Case on TV Radio Newspapers Posters Flyers Social Media. You could not of failed to spot the #findbecky anywhere. So dating they weren't aware is absolute BS ..

As the old song goes...'you only hurt the one you love'...
If we had been able to view the full statement, I feel it would have qualified that part by talking about normal teenage stuff etc.
I am just coming to end of a couple of difficult years with a teenager and I believe now that a lot of the really bad bits were because she subconsciously knew that I was 'safe', that I was in it for the long run, that I'd see and hear all that acting out and still be around with a cup of tea afterwards. I'd like to think that's how it was with RW and AG. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
It would be hard for anyone who had never experienced or watched it in action (thinking of NM and SH) to see it as just that, and take a This Too Will Pass attitude. He certainly didn't.
I know my husband was taken aback by the intensity.

Re the attachment disorder. There was some earlier reporting where I read that Becky was, at one time, too frightened to go to school on her own and AG had to go with her and actually sit in the classroom with her. I think this was primary school years, but surely, something like this would have helped form a bond between Becky and AG at a young age.

Anxiously attached to AG. AG may have made Becky feel safe, helped her like you say. This can lead to separation anxiety, you need that person and being without them causes anxiety. Both myself and my husband have it, oh fun! We've never been apart since 2002 when I spent a week in the hospital having surgery.

That brings me to NM and SH. If they were joined at the hip like we are, and like SH has said, there is no way NM could have done what he did without raising SOME suspicion with SH. Everything does become symbiotic, this is just my opinion but I would KNOW. I'm having a hard time believing what either of them say, but there are some truths just so many contradictions and things that don't add up. If I was in SH's shoes, and innocent, especially as she has said she wanted an easy way out of the relationship (my wording but dreaming he would fall for someone else) what better way to get out? Tell the truth and help them put NM away for life! She just seems to yak her way through these police interviews saying anything that springs to mind. It's so confusing and frustrating.

Do I think that SH is guilty of being involved with Beckys murder and the subsequent cover up? Yes 100%.

Do I think that there is enough evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that she was involved - nope no where near enough evidence

Saying that, we mustn't forget these people are being tried by a panel of their peers...ordinary people from all walks of life each with their own set of values,morals and principles. Some may find SH/NMs fantasies distasteful.. others may be disgusted at the very idea of setting up a kidnapping to "teach someone a lesson" ...another may relate to SHs supposedly difficult position being in a controlling relationship from a young age.

Rightly or wrongly (that's a whole other debate) these people's own value,morals and principles will influence their take on the verdict.

Baring in mind that the Jurors are privy first hand to evidence and the emotions (or lack of) of the accused that we in our cosy little homes aren't exposed to, this too will in some ways affect how they feel about the accused.

Jurors are reminded to Base their verdicts on the facts presented to them however in reality there is so much more to factor in...

Coming from myself who lives just outside of Bristol. Probably nearer to NM mom. The MSM covered BW Case on TV Radio Newspapers Posters Flyers Social Media. You could not of failed to spot the #findbecky anywhere. So dating they weren't aware is absolute BS ..

I seem to recall at the time A&S police saying something like the #findbeckywatts campaign was one of the most shared and tweeted about missing person cases ever, with the #findbeckywatts hashtag being used over 400,000 times, and tens of thousands of shares of the missing person posters on facebook. There's no way they could have missed it. I live over 200 miles from Becky, and wasn't even in the UK at the time she was missing, but I knew about all the searches from Facebook, Twitter, MSM reports etc. It was impossible to miss.

I seem to recall at the time A&S police saying something like the #findbeckywatts campaign was one of the most shared and tweeted about missing person cases ever, with the #findbeckywatts hashtag being used over 400,000 times, and tens of thousands of shares of the missing person posters on facebook. There's no way they could have missed it. I live over 200 miles from Becky, and wasn't even in the UK at the time she was missing, but I knew about all the searches from Facebook, Twitter, MSM reports etc. It was impossible to miss.
Yes and let's not forget they are family...I'm sure they didn't need to rely on msm to find out about the searches. The whole of that family bar them pair seemed to pull together from the off..does make you wonder how soon NM/SH were suspected of being involved

Just IMO - I think that if SH does know more than she is saying but isn't protesting her innocence or telling the police/court, it could be because of the nature of her relationship with NM and how he has controlled her. Even though logically she may know that the right thing to do is confess/admit her part in it/tell the police her concerns re: NM's behaviour, she has been in what is IMO an unhealthy relationship with this man since she was 14, with no other friends or family, she has lived in his world entirely and this may have made her feel apprehensive to say the least about telling the truth. I know that most people on this board do not view SH as innocent or vulnerable due to her relationship with NM, but I just wanted to throw this in as another option.

Again, as I said in an earlier thread this does not necessarily mean that she is innocent or had no inkling of what was going on, but it could explain why she has remained so tight-lipped - she's scared. I know that no one feels much sympathy for her, and I also know that I could be totally wrong - but there have been so many women in positions like this before so I personally am going to give her the benefit of the doubt and try to look at her defense and interviews in a somewhat sympathetic way.

Argh, I feel like I'm wording this in a really simplistic way - I know a lot of people think that SH's answers don't add up and that there's no way that she could not have known what was going on, and some even think she was the ringleader. I don't think she is oblivious to what happened, at all - I guess what I'm saying is that IMO her relationship with NM does seem to have totally controlled her life and does seem to have been extremely unhealthy. When she first met him she was younger than RW. I do honestly think that her relationship with him did make her extremely mentally vulnerable, but I know that most people will not agree with this - which is fine! I'm not saying she's innocent, or blameless, just that (COMPLETELY IMO) her (somewhat strange) actions and responses do make sense within the context of the relationship and the drastic emotional effects it may have had on her.

Hoare was asked in interview on March 3 - hours after Becky's remains were found in a shed - how she could prove she wasn't involved in the teen's death.

"I don't have fingerprints on her, hair, skin cells, and anything like that. "
"I have never touched things, I won't have any fingerprints on her, I won't have skin cells"
"I never thought he would ever take it this far.."

http://www.itv.com/news/west/2015-1...nd-felt-sick-at-killer-boyfriends-confession/

What is it that she never thought he would take this far?
She seems very sure that none of her DNA would be found? She lived in the same house where the body was dismembered and packaged. How could she be so sure? She's pretty much saying "you won't find anything to tie me to this".

There are lots of other little things that in isolation can be glossed over, but when taken together, it almost feels as though she orchestrated and supervised the cover-up, without actually getting her hands dirty.

Indeed it was.. There has never been a day since BW went 'missing' that her name or the #findbecky hasn't appeared.
Becky Watts will be always remembered. And not just by family and friends. But Nationally and Internationally.
This case will go down in history. And hopefully in time the pain for all involved will ease altho never go.
Now the campaign should be #justiceforBecky

Becky may have, at one time, felt anxious about disagreements with or challenges to her Step-mom...

Apparently, after therapy, she felt less anxiety about going against and challenging AG, obeying AG to-the-letter...pretty normal teenage behavior (the latter) imo

havent finished catching up with posts from earlier so someone may have already covered this, but I heard somehow or other that Becky had told her therapist that she was scared of Nathan. That doesn't seem to have come out in the trial, or have I missed it?

The thing is, being as Becky was a child, albeit a teenager, the service working with her would have been under a duty of care to look into this and question the parents about it or make them aware, if it was deemed to be a real fear. He had apparently told Becky how he would kill her. That should never be ignored.

I think 'anger' and 'disgust' are quite mild words in the circumstances. I felt/feel more than that and I am in no way connected to Becky.

Another poster did say it seemed wrong to - paraphrasing here - concentrate on SH's words, but it really is what we have to go on. I
can't put myself in her position, I can only judge by what I consider normal reactions to such an atrocious act would be actually happening so close to me.

Anger and disgust are what I feel when some dog walkers don't pick up the dog poo .

I agree. I realise that it is harder to form opinions based only on testimony - and abbreviated tweets - but that is all we do have to go on ( apart from the short interview VTs ).
And, even given these limitations, I find the choice of words very strange and fairly low key, given the situation.

havent finished catching up with posts from earlier so someone may have already covered this, but I heard somehow or other that Becky had told her therapist that she was scared of Nathan. That doesn't seem to have come out in the trial, or have I missed it?

The thing is, being as Becky was a child, albeit a teenager, the service working with her would have been under a duty of care to look into this and question the parents about it or make them aware, if it was deemed to be a real fear. He had apparently told Becky how he would kill her. That should never be ignored.

I think it was brought up at the beginning of the trial, but by Becky's friend who was a witness, not the therapist...I believe the friend mentioned that Becky said she was creeped out/scared of NM. Found this link but I know the Mirror isn't great! http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-best-6667825

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop