GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Further to my post above about NM's barrister's questions, I suddenly got this strange feeling that NM is going to turn on SH. And I think it may be because she accused him of trying to strangle her.

Further to my post above about NM's barrister's questions, I suddenly got this strange feeling that NM is going to turn on SH. And I think it may be because she accused him of trying to strangle her.

If indeed they are "in it together", he will probably know that it's in her interest to make him look as bad as possible, so that a jury will believe that she was in his thrall sufficiently for her story to be plausible. However I don't know enough about the process to have much of an opinion on the matter. I don't believe at this stage that co-defendents in a case such as this have much if any allegiance to each other left - in their case any remaining allegiance is probably towards their child.

is there a reason everyone is so keen to find this bedroom pic?

My reason is the same as the others, I think it's peculiar if it's gone missing, and as the only usable living space in their entire house is probably in many ways a room of great interest.

It might be possible if you actually broke the boot liner to cram it into the cooking cavity but you would need to get the door fully open. That oven door seems obscured by other junk. And it's a standard oven so the cavity is probably not that big.
i've driven Zafiras for 14 years and you have to remove the supplied boot liner to use the back row seats, the thing is just not for folding!

D'you know, I never realised that was my first post! I've been following cases for so long it never occurred to me!

I assumed it was one of those cheap flimsy liners you can get to keep the fitted lining clean. I have something similar.

If indeed they are "in it together", he will probably know that it's in her interest to make him look as bad as possible, so that a jury will believe that she was in his thrall sufficiently for her story to be plausible. However I don't know enough about the process to have much of an opinion on the matter. I don't believe at this stage that co-defendents in a case such as this have much if any allegiance to each other left - in their case any remaining allegiance is probably towards their child.

Thing is though if he denies having attempted to strangle SH, which he may do if he thinks it harms his defence of not intending to kill Becky, it will not work in her favour because she will be seen as deceitful. Although we do have her friend's evidence that she was planning to leave him and that she showed her a bruise. He may admit to that though, or say it happened some other way.

Thanks all. ..

Hmmm. Maybe that's one of the reasons for her hospital visit early on. Amongst other things.

A blessing really. As enough heartache is to come for families involved as it is. Without the young ones now growing up with the infamy.
Wow! That's really harsh! ... you know she's hasn't been found guilty of anything yet and the judge and people on the jury who're hearing and seeing ALL the evidence may just decide that she's not guilty.

and even if she is guilty of any part ... to say babies losing their lives through miscarriage or termination is a "blessing" is just ironic considering why we're all here.

I assumed it was one of those cheap flimsy liners you can get to keep the fitted lining clean. I have something similar.

If that's the case, then the liner was probably purchased specifically for this crime. I say this because keeping clean is "obviously" not a general concern for this couple.

And ... yep, the might have planned this detail.

Wow! That's really harsh! ... you know she's hasn't been found guilty of anything yet and the judge and people on the jury who're hearing and seeing ALL the evidence may just decide that she's not guilty.

and even if she is guilty of any part ... to say babies losing their lives through miscarriage or termination is a "blessing" is just ironic considering why we're all here.

I too find VERY WELL if that pregnancy was terminated. I believe and have great joy in life but in this and other cases there is no joy or sense in bringing life to this world by such parents. These lives were saved from a miserable existence. They would carry the weight of the infamy and the crime commited by their parents. And yes, miss hoare may be found not guilty in court. But for me she is 100% guilty. As much as her disgraced partner and both should rot in jail and leave it in a coffin.

I too find VERY WELL if that pregnancy was terminated. I believe and have great joy in life but in this and other cases there is no joy or sense in bringing life to this world by such parents. These lives were saved from a miserable existence. They would carry the weight of the infamy and the crime commited by their parents. And yes, miss hoare may be found not guilty in court. But for me she is 100% guilty. As much as her disgraced partner and both should rot in jail and leave it in a coffin.

I will gladly be respecting the decision of judge and jury and not presuming to think that I know better.

If she is found guilty, those babies - should they still be alive - would no doubt be adopted and given new names and the public would never know who they are. Even if they were bought up by other members of the family, I'm sure a life with the knowledge that your parents killed someone (but YOU were not involved) is better than no life. Nobody should be blamed for the actions of others.

The rest of the family are completely innocent, its only NM and perhaps SH who are responsible, so there is no reason why those babies couldn't have had a perfectly happy upbringing.

ALL life is precious.

I've followed a few cases on Websleuths but I've always felt that there was healthy debate and opinions from both sides, and we discussed theories and disagreed with each other respectfully! Even in the case of little Mikaeel Kular being murdered by his own mother! <modsnip> Most people have already decided who's guilty and who should rot in Hell and that includes unborn lives for some!

<modsnip>

I'm honestly shocked at how convinced and venomous some members are in their opinion of Shauna's guilt and don't understand it when we've had so little proof of it yet. Many going on the evidence given by a friend of Jamie Ireland, not even Jamie himself - who's to say it wasn't Jaydene and Karl arguing that night?

I wonder if in some part the knives are out for Shauna because Nathan has already confessed, I wonder if he too had pleaded not guilty to all if the focus would be off Shauna and on him.

No matter what, it is never a Blessing for babies to die.

If that's the case, then the liner was probably purchased specifically for this crime. I say this because keeping clean is "obviously" not a general concern for this couple.

And ... yep, the might have planned this detail.

It may even have been his 'bag', because I don't believe he did actually place her inside any proper bag or suitcase.

After 9 hours in the boot of the car inside a bag or suitcase I think she would have been fixed in a curled up position.

I don't think he planned to kill her in the house, I do actually believe his primary aim was to kidnap her. I have a theory about Becky's death and I think he probably went out to the car after and brought it in to cover her with because she was bleeding and he didn't want to leave a trail of blood through the house.

I've followed a few cases on Websleuths but I've always felt that there was healthy debate and opinions from both sides, and we discussed theories and disagreed with each other respectfully! Even in the case of little Mikaeel Kular being murdered by his own mother! <modsnip> Most people have already decided who's guilty and who should rot in Hell and that includes unborn lives for some!

<modsnip>

I'm honestly shocked at how convinced and venomous some members are in their opinion of Shauna's guilt and don't understand it when we've had so little proof of it yet. Many going on the evidence given by a friend of Jamie Ireland, not even Jamie himself - who's to say it wasn't Jaydene and Karl arguing that night?

I wonder if in some part the knives are out for Shauna because Nathan has already confessed, I wonder if he too had pleaded not guilty to all if the focus would be off Shauna and on him.

No matter what, it is never a Blessing for babies to die.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

I think the nail has been missed by a mile.

In my experience, some are always happy to accept whatever the court decides and not make a call.

I think the nail has been missed by a mile.

In my experience, some are always happy to accept whatever the court decides and not make a call.

What does that even mean, in real terms? Thankfully society has to accept whatever the court decides otherwise the country would be run by lynch mobs.

I will respect the decision of the people who have sat in that court every day for x amount of weeks hearing and seeing ALL the evidence.

[video=twitter;658544805929201665]https://twitter.com/SiobhanRobbins/status/658544805929201665[/video]

well that's good news, her tweets are excellent

I love that everyone has their own opinions on this case, I have been following everyday but don't have a chance to post as often as I would like. Personally for myself if I was on the jury I would like a whole lot more evidence in ways of DNA, CCTV and message data if I was to make a decision on SH involvement. It's week 4 of 6 if the dates given by the PPS are correct so maybe there is more to come to prove a guilty/not guilty verdict for all parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StuartGotz