Found Deceased UK - Richard Morris, 52, British Diplomat, Farnham, Hampshire, 6 May 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unfortunately it is not very clear. Perhaps the most runner will recognize himself.

Summertime, wintertime. Nothing mysterious. I for one never bother with the clock in my car.

I'm not suggesting that there's anything mysterious - just that the 12.30 time may just be wrong; especially as the last sighting of Morris was 10.50 - 100 minutes earlier. I think that the 11.36 time is much more plausible.

11569650.jpg

''The runner police want to speak to in connection with missing Richard Morris''
"If you have any information that can help us identify him please phone 101 and give the reference 44200160398."

Wish i could find the dash cam video on you tube, showing the uid jogger, the link to video is embedded in this link..
Dash-cam footage released in missing Richard Morris investigation | Hampshire Constabulary
''Do you recognise this person?
We are looking to identify the person in this footage as part of our investigation into missing person Richard Morris.
The footage is from a dash-cam and shows a man running on London Road at the junction with Lower Neatham Mill Lane, Alton, at approximately 12.30pm on Wednesday 6 May.
He was running in the direction of Alton to Binstead.''

Isn't that quite a distance from Farnham? I'm staring at maps and wondering if this is still the area where RM supposedly disappeared.

Anyone local who can tell more?

It isn't the best footage but I definitely think that if you knew this person, you'd recognize them from this footage.

Presume they think this runner may be a witness?

Since he was dressed similarly to Morris, there are two further possibilities that the police may have in mind:
1 The dashcam runner is Morris
2 The dashcam runner was not Morris but is the same runner seen at 10.50.

I've watched the sequence several times and I think that the dashcam runner appears to be wearing a white hat - possibly a baseball style turned backwards. Nothing has been said about Morris setting off with a hat - but he may have had one in his pocket. The runner may also have a beard or have a facemask; the trouble is the picture quality is really poor.

Since he was dressed similarly to Morris, there are two further possibilities that the police may have in mind:
1 The dashcam runner is Morris
2 The dashcam runner was not Morris but is the same runner seen at 10.50.

I've watched the sequence several times and I think that the dashcam runner appears to be wearing a white hat - possibly a baseball style turned backwards. Nothing has been said about Morris setting off with a hat - but he may have had one in his pocket. The runner may also have a beard or have a facemask; the trouble is the picture quality is really poor.

I really tried to see RM in the footage but I definitely dont think it is him -The blue trainers is a coincidence but Jogger's sleeves aren't long, and I can't see a beard or the birth mark.

I really tried to see RM in the footage but I definitely dont think it is him -The blue trainers is a coincidence but Jogger's sleeves aren't long, and I can't see a beard or the birth mark.

It's quite possible to roll sleeves up - I done it thousands of times.

Gray mapped if out if anyone is interested. Starts at 1:04:08.

*FYI: The video is still uploading, I guess, bc there is only 2 hrs of it right now, and the beginning of the video is cut off. The start time for the discussion about Mr. Morris will change once the whole video is available.

Last edited:
I'm 90% sure that's a short sleeved shirt, not a long sleeved one with the arms rolled up. There is no bulk for the excess material, the sleeve cuff appears to move freely around the arm as he moves and the cuff falls to a length I'd expect to see on a shirt sleeved shirt.

I'm not sure about potential headgear - this person looks bald to me.

It's about 3 miles away from the first location. I think it looks like him (just the last split second before he disappears from view) but I would think his family knows if it is him or not.
Is this the shot you mean?
Morris.png
I would think that his family could decide if it isn't him, but I doubt that they would be able to definitely ID him from these pictures.
What about the logo on the shirt - does anyone have any likely guesses?

Yes I think I can see the dark pigment on that side of his face, more as I'm watching it than in that screen shot which appears to be shadow also, and also I think it's possible his hair would have been longer than his usual photos, with barbers shops being shut for 6 weeks by that time. It's hard because I can't get the video to a slower setting.

It isn't the best footage but I definitely think that if you knew this person, you'd recognize them from this footage.

Presume they think this runner may be a witness?

The family surely would recognize him, if only by his clothes. Since the police is still trying to identify the person, we can safely assume that the family does not know him.

The image of this unknown person raised an interesting issue, namely that there are many shades of blue.

When he disappeared, Richard Morris was last seen wearing a blue long-sleeved top with a half zip, black shorts and blue trainers.

The unknown man in the video is wearing blue trainers, and possibly a black or deep blue top with short sleeves.

I had assumed that since both the top and the shoes of RM were blue, they would have been a similar shade of that colour.
But looking at the person in the video, wouldn't it make more sense to describe the shirt as night blue and the trainers as bright blue? And also add the brand of the trainers?

I've been going through the pictures of RM @Richard_Nepal on twitter. Very interesting, and very instructive about Nepal! and what a wonderful job he had there. He also has posted pictures about running on top of the world through amazing landscapes.

In those pictures, he has various pairs of running shoes or trainers. I found this picture of him with blue trainers:

EIfs2xZU8AAh52q

The picture dates from November 4, 2019.

I'm not a mind reader but I bet the police are thinking: if the dashcam runner doesn't come forward then it could well be that the man we see is Morris.
Comparing the runner with Morris in the wheelchair picture - the tops are similar (both have a white logo on the left top), the shoes are a similar colour and the build of the runner matches that of Morris.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59
Back