GUILTY UK - Rolf Harris for molesting underage girls, child *advertiser censored*, 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The woman says it happened on stage at a community centre, when Harris appeared in Portsmouth to sing 'Two Little Boys'.

However, defence question her and another witness's version that Harris was ever there in the 1960s, that he didn't appear there until 1978. A man testified that he recalls Harris appearing there in the 60s though, as did Sid James and Diana Dors.

When Harris was first arrested, she sent her husband a text saying, 'I told you so!'. (She had confided about the childhood assault previously to her husband, who was 'taken aback'.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rolf-harris-trial-woman-sobs-3545291

I'm wondering if Rolf was singing this song long before it before it became a No. 1 hit.

"Two Little Boys" is a song written by American composer Theodore Morse and lyricist Edward Madden. It was written in 1902 and became a popular music hall song of the time, made popular by Harry Lauder. It describes the story of two boys who grow up to fight in a war. In 1969, it became a surprise No. 1 top-selling single for entertainer Rolf Harris in the United Kingdom.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rolf-harris-trial-woman-sobs-3545291[/QUOTE]

It must be just me who thinks starting a relationship with a 13 year old is not just illegal, but reprehensible. No wonder victims never speak out.

Slightly off topic, but relevant .. Robert Hughes was sentenced today, great interview with Sarah about how celebrity perpetrators are treated differently and how victims are re-victimised by a public who doesn't want to believe: http://www.2gb.com/audioplayer/45136#.U3W0cIBqlvk

I agree Mrs G and comments do not condone this, please let me explain- it proves time doesn't heal or mend this filthy behaviour against children, I'm glad Hughes & Harris get what's coming, it's not on!
I'm sure this goes on all too often. The giddiness of popularity and 'teenyboppers' knocking down the hotel doors. Not including Rolf, he was older & should have known better and he was the chaperone.
BUT 13 year olds can be dolled up far beyond their years. I'm sure many many many pop groups have done the same many times over and have gotten away with it.
I wrote before about Elvis & Pricilla she was only 14 and according to the link and they were sleeping together. Yes they married but that's not the point is it, she was 14!
Now in hindsight they flew under the radar! Elvis should have been charged.

"'He was fascinated with the idea of real young teenage girls,' said Lamar Fike, a former member of his entourage. 'It scared the hell out of all of us.'"

Take a look at the photo, how old are these girls with Elvis?
WHERE ARE THEIR PARENTS?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lationships-virginal-girls.html#ixzz31sa0NN1j

I'd just like to add - as one of those victims who was raped and molested as a child, and never spoke out - my silence was NOT about fear of being disbelieved, or even fear of the men (and woman) who hurt me. It was then and is now all about fear of causing other people hurt. The innocent wives and kids and siblings of those rapists. I would rather have died than told them their loved one was a filthy pedophile. I feared causing families to shatter and grieve. I was not mature enough to think of consequences of letting them carry on in freedom, and I did not then and nor do I now wish to have to face re-living all of what happened to me, over and over in a police station.

So Just FYI? That's a reason right there WHY a lot of people like me do not speak up and maybe never will.

I find it effing -hilarious- that anyone might think I am defending pedophiles or their behaviour by critically examining the thin layers of BS some of these women are spinning. Others, I actually tend to believe but I have not seen their testimony yet. But I am not going to throw a pity party for women who I think are lying for their own gain. I just am not.

Why? Because there is now EIGHT innocent men whose lives and reputatons and relationships have been shattered by Operation YouToo, and have been cleared in a court of law. Their accusers spoke BS and caused all that harm!!!

People like THAT cause real harm to real victims, too. It also enrages us, as it makes a mockery of our own pain, let alone the harm it does to the next victim standing up in court.

So if I see BS, I will call it what it is. And I see no shame or deludedness or 'denial' or wtf have you, in doing so.

I really don't understand what you're saying, except I guess you think this witness is lying, does that make Rolf innocent of these charges, what about the other victims, are they lying too?

Women accuse Rolf Harris of aggressive groping

Two women have described how Rolf Harris “forcefully” and “firmly” groped them in the 1960s and 1970s, respectively, with both saying they developed such an aversion to the entertainer afterwards they avoided watching him on TV.

The women, the second and third of Harris’s accusers, gave evidence at a London court for the first time on Thursday.

http://www.australiantimes.co.uk/ne...-accuse-rolf-harris-of-aggressive-groping.htm

A bio of sorts from the Daily Mail .. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...e-So-Rolf-Harris-STILL-chasing-limelight.html

Why? Because there is now EIGHT innocent men whose lives and reputatons and relationships have been shattered by Operation YouToo, and have been cleared in a court of law. Their accusers spoke BS and caused all that harm!!!

Just as a point of information, courts don't "clear" people definitively, in the manner you're trying to suggest, they find people not guilty. In England and Wales that encompasses every evidentiary and actual situation short of being proved guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Guilty people are "cleared" by the courts every day, an in sexual offences cases, particularly often.

That would explain the 'case dismissed' and 'not enough evidence' references in the articles. It really bothers me, though, that at least some of these men may very well have been innocent, and their names are forever tainted anyway.

I think there should be some really severe consequences for providing (proven to be) false and misleading testimony in these cases, anyway. Real victims would have nothing to fear.

I truly hope that if Harris is indeed guilty of extending his revolting behaviour toward much younger women into -- revolting behaviour toward children -- that at least a few victims whose stories both add up and can be soundly verified have come forward.

I'm amazed his wife and daughter are still by his side at all, after learning that he slept with Bindi's friend for ten years (or more? who knows..). Knowing that now, I wonder if this was behind some of Alwen's despair re her marriage, which she talks about openly.

I do not think I could sleep beside a man who'd done that.

I really don't understand what you're saying, except I guess you think this witness is lying, does that make Rolf innocent of these charges, what about the other victims, are they lying too?

All I can say to that is, please attempt to read my posts more carefully? I do make my POV pretty clear.

I think I'm just reacting to the following comment made by you, which I found incredibly offensive on several levels:

It must be just me who thinks starting a relationship with a 13 year old is not just illegal, but reprehensible. No wonder victims never speak out.

I have heard of incest victims sleeping with their fathers through their 20s and beyond .. A particularly famous one springs to mind, she likely asked him for money too, that doesn't make her any less a victim.

Slightly off topic, but relevant .. Robert Hughes was sentenced today, great interview with Sarah about how celebrity perpetrators are treated differently and how victims are re-victimised by a public who doesn't want to believe: http://www.2gb.com/audioplayer/45136#.U3W0cIBqlvk

Great news for the victims, justice finally! :jail:

Former Hey Dad! star Robert Hughes has been jailed for up to 10 years and nine months for child sex offences.

The 65-year-old, who was last month convicted of 10 sexual and indecent assault charges dating back to the 1980s, will have to serve a minimum of six years behind bars.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-16/robert-hughes-to-serve-at-least--six-years-on-sex-charges/5426126

Rolf Harris trial told 11-year-old allegedly ‘tongue-kissed’, 16-year-old groped by famous entertainer

A WOMAN has described the tears of relief that washed over her as they “got the *advertiser censored*” and arrested Rolf Harris four decades after he allegedly indecently groped her on the dance floor in New Zealand.

Three women from different corners of the world gave evidence against the 84-year-old entertainer yesterday including one who alleged he apologised to her moments after an assault.

Under cross examination by Harris’ lawyer Sonia Woodley QC she reacted with anger at suggestions she had made the story up and the “twisting of her words”.

“How do you sleep at night?” she asked Ms Woodley loudly to which the lawyer replied she had a job to do.

An earlier witness from Darwin recalled 1969 when she was staying with friends as a sick 11 year old and Harris, also staying at the home, asked her how old she was.

She said she told him and he then allegedly replied “Good I want to be the first one to introduce you to a tongue kiss”.

More at link:

http://www.news.com.au/world/rolf-h...mous-entertainer/story-fndir2ev-1226923453291

A sentence for a man of 84 years old, just 10 years could be a life/death sentence. I think it is a tough decision.

If he did actually molest any underage girls, I hope he does get a sentence appropriate to the crime, and who cares if a pedo dies in prison? (I do not, that's for sure).

One thing that concerns me greatly here is that there is a definite and distinct pattern of behaviours emerging throughout the stories toward very young women, as well as the undeniable fact that he had the affair with Bindi's friend that continued until the woman was 29. Even if he did not start the relationship at 13 (which I am not convinced he did), it shows the man has little impulse control. So those victims whose stories do seem to add up are a lot more plausible to me as time goes by and more info comes in.

Australian actor tells court Rolf Harris fondled her after pub performance

But the court heard her life also changed more than 25 years later when in 2013 she sold her story of the alleged abuse to celebrity publicist Max Markson, who she branded a “charlatan”, instead of just going to police.

But then she saw the front page of The Daily Telegraph newspaper in Sydney and an image of British police in Australia investigating Harris. She contacted the newspaper for advice on how to contact police but then also telephoned Wollongong police. The day she went to tell her story to officers there, a large throng of TV crews and media outlets had been outside the station waiting for her.

It was at this point she said her then partner Fian McDaid suggested they contact Mr Markson to manage the “onslaught” of media inquiries she was receiving.

He negotiated to sell her story to Channel 9 for $40,000 and Woman’s Day for $20,000 plus $6000 in tax, from all of which he would take 20 per cent.

She later received $28,000 including some in cash in envelopes.

“Money was not a factor to me, not something that I chose or was desperate for,” she said.

But then Ms Lee admitted in court she lied to police when they asked her if she had been offered money for her story, days after she had signed a contract to speak with the magazine and TV network.

“You looked in their (police) eye and said a bare-faced lie,” barrister Sonia Woodley QC acting for Harris told the court to which Ms Lee replied “yes”.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wo...-pub-performance/story-fni0xs61-1226924637435

This is the witness that caused the most controversy ..

Rolf Harris: 'He was targeting people who were in awe of him'

London: Rolf Harris had a history of molesting young women and girls who were in awe of him, a series of witnesses are expected to tell a London court this week.

Prosecutor Sasha Wass QC intends to use the witnesses to boost each others’ credibility, by testifying to the Australian entertainer’s bad character, she said in her opening statement.

Ms Wass said each witness’ story bore similarities – a “pattern of behaviour” in which he “took advantage of his celebrity status in order to molest young girls”.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/rolf-ha...-awe-of-him-20140519-zrhml.html#ixzz32IfmvKTQ

If he did actually molest any underage girls, I hope he does get a sentence appropriate to the crime, and who cares if a pedo dies in prison? (I do not, that's for sure).

One thing that concerns me greatly here is that there is a definite and distinct pattern of behaviours emerging throughout the stories toward very young women, as well as the undeniable fact that he had the affair with Bindi's friend that continued until the woman was 29. Even if he did not start the relationship at 13 (which I am not convinced he did), it shows the man has little impulse control. So those victims whose stories do seem to add up are a lot more plausible to me as time goes by and more info comes in.

BBM I agree Ausgirl, from what I'm hearing he should get the appropriate number years at the queens pleasure, no matter his age.
Imagine if just one of those girls had talented opportunity at success and experienced this, not only would she never excel, she could sink into a life of severe depression. The whole thing shocks me.
What horrifying things for young girls to be hit with when all they were doing is wanting, innocently, to be in awe of their hero/mentor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back