GUILTY UK - Rolf Harris for molesting underage girls, child *advertiser censored*, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Most victims of sexual abuse do not acquire an agent and shop their "story" around all the tv channels and magazines in the country.

:moo:

The headline reads to me that Rolf is accused of 'making indecent images' and not receiving them.

Rolf Harris charged with indecent assault and making indecent images of a child
BY EUROPE CORRESPONDENT MARY GEARIN, STAFF
UPDATED FRI 30 AUG 2013, 3:42 PM AEST

As an artist, perhaps he has a broader scope in studying the human body?

We'd have to see them to make a judgement. Clearly the police and the prosecutor have and thought they were charge-worthy.

The headline reads to me that Rolf is accused of 'making indecent images' and not receiving them.

We don't really know what the charges consist of yet, but that headline could be very misleading. When the CPS in Britain charge someone with downloading child *advertiser censored*, the offense is described as creating an image, in other words you've created an image on your computer.

If someone is literally making their own child *advertiser censored* they're charged with production of child *advertiser censored*, not creating an image.

Most victims of sexual abuse do not acquire an agent and shop their "story" around all the tv channels and magazines in the country.

:moo:

She's acquired an agent? If that's true, I'm afraid it damages her credibility. A defense lawyer is going to have a field day with that.

Another thing that is worth pointing out is that you go actively looking for someone to make some sort of accusation against a celebrity or someone well known, you will be almost guaranteed to find at least one if not more. It is something that comes with being a celebrity.

And that is exactly what is happening in this operation Yewtree. They are actively seeking accusations of things that happened a very long time ago, and not surprisingly they are finding them. It is the same sort of thing that was going on with all the satanic abuse trials of the 90s - lots of accusations were made, but there was pretty much no evidence and probably almost all of those accusations were false or "created" through hysteria.

Another thing that is worth pointing out is that you go actively looking for someone to make some sort of accusation against a celebrity or someone well known, you will be almost guaranteed to find at least one if not more. It is something that comes with being a celebrity.

And that is exactly what is happening in this operation Yewtree. They are actively seeking accusations of things that happened a very long time ago, and not surprisingly they are finding them. It is the same sort of thing that was going on with all the satanic abuse trials of the 90s - lots of accusations were made, but there was pretty much no evidence and probably almost all of those accusations were false or "created" through hysteria.

Precisely.

They charged Jim Davidson too, then dropped them.

Freddie Starr is is taking legal action against his accuser, as we speak.

If Rolf if a child molester, he is the quietest, most well hidden, and well respected in history.

Honours

Harris was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in 1968; he was advanced to Officer (OBE) in 1977, then to Commander (CBE) in 2006.[71] In 1989 he was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia (AM),[72] and was advanced to Officer (AO) in the Queen's 2012 Birthday Honours.[71] In 2001 he was awarded the Centenary Medal "for service to entertainment, charity and the community".[73]

Harris has received two honorary doctorates: from the University of East London in 2007;[74] and from Liverpool Hope University in 2010.[75]

In 2008 Harris was inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame. He was joined onstage by The Seekers to perform "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport" and his "Jake the Peg" routine.[76][77] In 2012, he was made a Fellow of BAFTA.[78]

Rolf Harris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those OBE's and Birthday Honours are the highest honours you can be awarded in the UK and Australia, and Rolf's received them from both countries, amongst several other awards.

Are we to presume he has fooled all of those people, all of this time?

:(

I know there have been false charges laid against people in the past. But given the highly prominent international nature of this case, do you think the police/detectives would be actively pursuing him, and at his age, after all this time? What explanation would you have for them to do this, if there isn't enough evidence to charge him and take it before a court? LE and the courts, particularly in the UK, are pushed to the limit. Why would they be taking the action they have taken if they don't feel there is a strong case? That is the part that doesn't make sense to the argument that he is innocent. This is also beyond our own personal opinions of the single interview of one potential victim.

And I fail to see how treating this woman differently to any other potential victim on this site is relevant, based on lack of evidence. How many other cases on WS are respectful of a potential victim's complaint, without any other evidence and before a decision in court. Why single this woman out?

She's acquired an agent? If that's true, I'm afraid it damages her credibility. A defense lawyer is going to have a field day with that.

I hadn't heard that she'd acquired an agent and was shopping her story around. Where is this in MSM? I must have missed it.

I know there have been false charges laid against people in the past. But given the highly prominent international nature of this case, do you think the police/detectives would be actively pursuing him, and at his age, after all this time? What explanation would you have for them to do this, if there isn't enough evidence to charge him and take it before a court? LE and the courts, particularly in the UK, are pushed to the limit. Why would they be taking the action they have taken if they don't feel there is a strong case? That is the part that doesn't make sense to the argument that he is innocent. This is also beyond our own personal opinions of the single interview of one potential victim.

And I fail to see how treating this woman differently to any other potential victim on this site is relevant, based on lack of evidence. How many other cases on WS are respectful of a potential victim's complaint, without any other evidence and before a decision in court. Why single this woman out?

As there hasn't been a comment from Rolf, a trial, a guilty judgement, nor a sentencing, I cannot possibly know.

All I know is that he has been charged, and what some woman has said on tv.

How anyone can assume guilt on these two factors alone, is beyond me.

:seeya:

As there hasn't been a comment from Rolf, a trial, a guilty judgement, nor a sentencing, I cannot possibly know.

All I know is that he has been charged, and what some woman has said on tv.

How anyone can assume guilt on these two factors alone, is beyond me.

:seeya:

'Some woman' on TV is very different to swearing an oath in a court of law. TV is without the details but in court a woman must speak candidly in front of the accused, Judge and jury.

If he has been charged by the 'police', what do they have to gain if it is unsubstantiated?

Why would any government department in these times put this to the court?

I hadn't heard that she'd acquired an agent and was shopping her story around. Where is this in MSM? I must have missed it.

No idea, I read it in this thread. That's why there's a question mark at the end of the sentence.

"It is understood Lee used agent Max Markson to help sell her story to Woman's Day and Channel 9's A Current Affair."

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/r...es/story-fndir2ev-1226641511972#ixzz2dy6JhhyD

And why is this woman different from other victims? Because IMO, she has herself called that alleged victimhood into serious question ---on MSM -- no less. I(f you can recall details of a sexual attack so absolutely vividly as this woman alleges to do, then you'd recall whether he stuck his hand down the waistband of your skirt or slid his hand up the skirt.

It wasn't Just "two words" -- listen to her descriptions. They are --vivid-- in those details. She -says- "he stuck his hand down the band of my skirt" and then changes her story completely.

ACA caught her out in her lie, is why she's different, in my mind. The issue of shopping the story around with an agent factors in, but not as much as the lie.

We don't really know what the charges consist of yet, but that headline could be very misleading. When the CPS in Britain charge someone with downloading child *advertiser censored*, the offense is described as creating an image, in other words you've created an image on your computer.

If someone is literally making their own child *advertiser censored* they're charged with production of child *advertiser censored*, not creating an image.

Mrs Norris, the artistic study of the body has been on my mind. Artists study nudes and do you think while painting a mature aged women, he would have them along with under aged studies? I mean, the position of mature aged body would require many nudes. Just asking as a non artists.

Not about my body but the Queen.

Mrs Norris, the artistic study of the body has been on my mind. Artists study nudes and do you think while painting a mature aged women, he would have them along with under aged studies? I mean, the position of mature aged body would require many nudes. Just asking as a non artists.

Not about my body but the Queen.

No, I think Cappuccino is right, I think he downloaded child *advertiser censored*.

Just FYI, here's a link regarding UK law and indecent images of children:

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/h_to_k/indecent_photographs_of_children/

Once charged with 'making' an indecent image, as opposed to 'possessing' such an image, there is no defense that can actually be given other than that the person did not have knowledge of the images, or is say, a lawyer who has the image as part of their work for a client.

The definition of 'indecent' is sectioned into five categories, with 1 being the mildest and 5 being totally heinous and incriminating.

Category 1 'indecent images' can include:

“Non-erotic and non-sexualised pictures showing children in their underwear, swimming costumes from either commercial sources or family albums."

Wow. In the UK, I am apparently a producer of kiddy *advertiser censored* too, being in possession of plenty of pictures of my child in swimwear. Even a couple of cute nekkie-in-the-bath pics.

Look, if Rolf actually has four images of children that are actually sexual in nature, then I shall rejoice that he's been charged, as would be appropriate and right, good on 'em.

But before I start denouncing Rolf as a pedo, I want to know whether those four 'indecent images' are of his own grand-babies playing at the beach, you know?

eta: Disturbingly, anyone in possession of a picture of a model aged under 18 years who is modelling swimwear, is technically up for an 'indecent images' charge.

I am feral and vociferous in my hatred for pedophiles and my desire to see them all publically hanged ASAP.

But it worries me deeply that an accusation is enough to have otherwise innocent pictures be deemed "child *advertiser censored*" potentially and the accused unable to defend against that charge so that a lifetime's work and reputation are potentially dirtied forever, without there having to have been any actual abuse going on at all.

And it happening in the midst of a BBC witch hunt, with two of only three witnesses so far proving to be less than reliable..

Idk. Benefit of the doubt, there.

Please let this be sarcasm. Because if not, just, WHAT?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amelia65452
Back