Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Such heartbreaking news. I live a couple of miles away from the quarry and the news has shocked everyone in the area.

This article is quite interesting
Body found as police search disused quarry for missing midwife

It seems that police visited houses on Tickhill Lane on Thursday asking for cctv from Friday night.

I wonder if any of the arrested have connections with Foxfield Railway (it runs near the quarry) or off-roading (the quarry is now used as a 4x4 track) as I’ve lived in the area all my life and driven along those lanes many times but only today learnt that there is a disused quarry there.

I think the motive may be unrelated to the breakup. I gather MS did some work for Samantha recently.

That's what it says in the Daily Mail
Why DID missing midwife call off her own wedding? | Daily Mail Online

Their inquiries have also taken them to the house of the Stirlings. Samantha and John often saw the Stirlings socially, and yesterday a neighbour told the Mail that Michael Stirling runs a fencing business and put up fencing and constructed a summerhouse in Samantha’s garden.

Additionally, the neighbour says, he has been seen as recently as two weeks ago, doing further work on the summerhouse.

According to at least two neighbours, Katie, John’s 32-year-old younger sister, and her husband Michael, who is the same age, were seen putting a roof box on their car on Thursday evening last week — the day before Samantha disappeared. The neighbours took this to mean that the family — the couple have a young daughter — were about to go on their annual holiday.

Same article has this picture of Samantha, her now ex-fiancé, his sister and her husband. At least, that is what it says. Very strange. If I hadn't known this, I would have assumed at first sight that the men were brothers, and that the two persons in the middle had just gotten married and the persons on each side were the witnesses.

4EC2E41100000578-0-image-m-15_1533336626720.jpg

RIP Samantha.

That's what it says in the Daily Mail
Why DID missing midwife call off her own wedding? | Daily Mail Online

Same article has this picture of Samantha, her now ex-fiancé, his sister and her husband. At least, that is what it says. Very strange. If I hadn't known this, I would have assumed at first sight that the men were brothers, and that the two persons in the middle had just gotten married and the persons on each side were the witnesses.

4EC2E41100000578-0-image-m-15_1533336626720.jpg

RIP Samantha.

I wonder when the engagement was called off.

It seems like John was the most generous contributor to her charity dive dated 2 months ago. Then there were contributions from his BIL and another of the Peake family. One may just assume that they remain on friendly terms, and so it should be.

Wouldn’t a false alibi be peverting course of justice? What is assisting? Assisting of murder or assisting a murderer (knowing what he’s done?)

We don't yet know what sort of assisting the other two are accused of committing. I have found it hard to find examples but in one case a person took/disposed/hid knives used in a murder (claiming they didn't know about the murder) ended up getting a 3.5 year sentence. The range is 3-10 years and would guess long sentences are rare?

I'm really not clear what the differences are between assisting an offender and PCoJ? Far too technical for me.........

OMG I just saw the news. How terrible! RIP Samantha.

Is the arrested one the ex or the ex's BIL? I'm confused.

In the Telegraph article it says January. Then again it also states the residents CCTV request from Police was for 9-11PM Friday 27th where as the BBC say 9-11AM Friday 27th.

Body found as police search disused quarry for missing midwife

Thanks for the bit of info.

So, engagement was called off in January.

As of 1-2 months ago, John, BIL and another member of his family contributed to Sam’s Justgiving page.

As of 2 weeks ago, BIL was still seen working on her summer house.

All-in-all, no animosity in the breakup.

I'm keeping an open mind on motive for now ... unlike most of FB
Thank goodness for Websleuth! Every awful heartbreaking case that sucks me in - just has the most horrrific, heartless, disrespectful comments on social media! AND worse still, these stupid people don't realise or don't care that they're commenting on posts made by the loved ones! :mad:

What a terrible loss to the world Samanthas murder is :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9
Back