UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Raja Haq Nawaz, the Sharifs’ family lawyer, said the verdict will be appealed at Rawalpindi High Court.

'Children are too small in age and the grandfather [Muhammad Sharif] wants their custody,' the lawyer said.

Legal experts say the ruling could pave the way for attempts to bring the children back to the UK.

Osama Malik, a leading family and international law expert in Islamabad, told The Telegraph:

'Their (the children’s) grandfather could apply to the family court for their custody or since they are His Majesty’s subjects, the Crown, through the High Commission, may apply for their custody so that they can be taken back to Britain.'

Surrey Police said they are working to secure the safe return of the five children."

Last edited:
Last edited:
"The arrest of Urfan Sharif, Sara’s father, Beinash, stepmother, and Faisal Malik, Urfan’s brother, came a day after a Jhelum court handed over Urfan’s five children to the Child Protection Bureau.

Source told Aaj News that Jhelum district police chief (DPO) was going to hold a press conference to announce the arrests"

:D

Another Pakistani MSM source:

The marriage ended in a divorce after Urfan tried to preach Islam to the children and Olga made them eat food that was deemed unIslamic by Urfan, according to a report by the British daily Times.

Urfan then entered into a nikah with Beinash, whom the British press has described as Urfan’s ‘partner’.

RS&BBM

I found this interesting as I was wondering why the press have been calling Beinash a partner when they were apparently married. A nikah is an Islamic marriage ceremony that is not recognized in the UK as a legally valid marriage. So I'm assuming they didn't have a civic registry office service too? I've learned something new.

Random link from law firm: Are Islamic Marriages legal in the UK?

Why? Another wife? MOO

The marriage ended in a divorce after Urfan tried to preach Islam to the children and Olga made them eat food that was deemed unIslamic by Urfan, according to a report by the British daily Times.

Urfan then entered into a nikah with Beinash, whom the British press has described as Urfan’s ‘partner’.

RS&BBM

I found this interesting as I was wondering why the press have been calling Beinash a partner when they were apparently married. A nikah is an Islamic marriage ceremony that is not recognized in the UK as a legally valid marriage. So I'm assuming they didn't have a civic registry office service too? I've learned something new.

Why? Another wife? MOO
Or possibly Beinash was /is still married to someone else.

No coverage by Western MSM at this stage ....
Maybe the Western press is waiting for official confirmation at a press conference.

From article posted above:
Reports said that the police is expected to officially announce the arrests in a press conference later on Wednesday. The reports also said that the trio are being questioned at an unknown location.

Sara's grandfather, Muhammad Sharif, who lives in the city of Jhelum, said the five children had been with him since they came to Pakistan and "it was his duty to protect the children", adding: "I couldn't leave them alone."

He insisted the children were "fine and happy with me".

Sara's grandfather described the police raid on his home by around 15 officers, saying: "We were inside the house, they raided the doors and I don't know if they had a search warrant."

He said the five children were in a room when "they took them away".

Muhammad Sharif admitted he met Mr Sharif, 41, Ms Batool, 29, and Mr Malik, 28, "on the first day" after they travelled to Pakistan.

"They told me they were scared and ran from the UK," he said, adding: "I told them the kids will stay with me, you go wherever you want to go."

Police 'never asked about the kids'

Mr Sharif also told Sky News the police "have never asked me about the kids, and where they are", claiming officers were "only interested in the parents, they weren't with me".

And he said he had not spoken to the trio "for a long time".

Since the five children were recovered by police and placed in custody at a local police station, they have now been handed back to their grandfather. They are at his home but officers will on Tuesday hand them over to the court.

The search is still ongoing for the three adults, and officers say they are "hopeful" they can locate Mr Sharif and Ms Batool.
So that whole story by the parents that the 5 children were huddled in hiding, and running out of food was just more lies from them?

RS&BBM

Why? Another wife? MOO

Thank you. I also wondered why the media kept changing their definition from wife to partner.

eta…I can’t find a record of a civic marriage in the UK.
However, most genealogy sites only have records up to about 2012 and of course their *marriage* would have been several years later.

Also an exceptional and fraught situation, where there's an obvious interest in keeping the remaining children away from local family during what may be (hopefully not) an extended hunt for the parents -- all under the bright glare of international media.

Not saying this was an ideal situation, but it certainly must have been a novel and confusing one for whatever court(s) it landed in.

Hopefully the children can now be kept together safely and comfortably as the process plays out.
Yes, it was a complex situation.

IF I was the judge, I might have requested to have the children brought into my courtroom too, so I could see each one, make my own quick assessment. I'd feel responsible for them at that point. Did they look healthy, well fed, stable? I'd want to see with my own eyes before continuing the process of custody negotiations.

The judge may have spoken to the oldest ones, in private, and it was not known or reported. JMO

Police in Pakistan say it took five days for them to be asked to search for Sara Sharif's family after her body was found in the UK.

The 10-year-old was found dead at her home near Woking after police were called from Pakistan by her dad, Urfan Sharif. Investigations into the tragedy are ongoing, and an inquest into the youngster's death was opened on Wednesday morning.

Sara's body was found on August 10. The reason behind the five-day delay remains unclear, as it is not known when Surrey Police asked to launch the search.

I assume the older boy is bilingual, but I wonder if the younger children are. If not, that is another layer of anxiety on them as they try to make their needs and wants clear to care-givers.
Frequently children in such families are either brought up speaking exclusively their family language and then learn English when they go to school, or they speak English with one parent and the other language with the other parent.

Even kids from Welsh speaking homes who go to Welsh medium education in Wales still pick up fluent English (albeit sometimes with a few quirks) along the way.

If the kids have been raised speaking Urdu at home then I'd not be terribly concerned about their ability to communicate at the Pakistani childcare centre.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic
Back