UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From Sarahlou article above - thank you Sarahlou

On Tuesday the children were carried by family members, surrounded by armed police and local media, into court for around 40 minutes.
They were moved from court to court as authorities attempted to work out what should happen to them.
Journalists were not allowed to attend the hearing, but BBC News was told by several people who had been inside the courtroom that there was a discussion about whether this court had the jurisdiction to make a decision over temporary custody.
The children were then ushered quickly into a waiting police car and taken on to another court, where a judge ruled they should be sent to a Pakistan government childcare facility temporarily.
Sara's grandfather Muhammad Sharif made no comment as he left court.
The court has granted temporary custody. That does not determine where the children will ultimately be sent.
The judge did not state how long the children may be kept in the government facility for.

Sounds utterly terrifying. Poor kids.

On Tuesday the children were carried by family members, surrounded by armed police and local media, into court for around 40 minutes.
They were moved from court to court as authorities attempted to work out what should happen to them.
Journalists were not allowed to attend the hearing, but BBC News was told by several people who had been inside the courtroom that there was a discussion about whether this court had the jurisdiction to make a decision over temporary custody.
The children were then ushered quickly into a waiting police car and taken on to another court, where a judge ruled they should be sent to a Pakistan government childcare facility temporarily.
The court has granted temporary custody. That does not determine where the children will ultimately be sent.
The judge did not state how long the children may be kept in the government facility for.

I agree ,it must be traumatic for them.

From the Sky article,linked above.

Their grandfather, Mohammad Sharif, told Sky News the children had been with him since they arrived in Pakistan over a month ago and he felt it was his "duty to protect them".

He had hoped they would be able to come back home following the court hearings in Jhelum today, but Senior Judge Javed Iqbal Khokar ruled they should be taken into custody by Pakistani authorities.

Police also confirmed to Sky News they have at least four teams in the city searching for Sara's father, step-mother and uncle.

I do hope that the authorities are very close to locating the parents. Maybe the removal of the children might help grandfather remember where his sons and wife could be hiding.

How awful.

Why couldn't the court have kept the children in a room together, with someone to chat to them and keep them relaxed until such time as the court authorities made their decision. What on earth is the logic behind carrying 4 very young children and a teenager from court to court, confused and traumatised. It's not as if they are being asked to offer an opinion on any of the proceedings.

How awful.

Why couldn't the court have kept the children in a room together, with someone to chat to them and keep them relaxed until such time as the court authorities made their decision. What on earth is the logic behind carrying 4 very young children and a teenager from court to court, confused and traumatised. It's not as if they are being asked to offer an opinion on any of the proceedings.
Absolutely awful. I am not sure why they needed to be in court at all. As you said they could be together somewhere with people familiar to them until a decision was made.

Does anyone else wonder if the children might have been coached in what to say to authorities by grandfather/other relatives?
I still think the father and stepmother will try to pin it on the eldest boy. I hope he feels safe enough when questioned to tell the whole truth
Yes I thought that too. I remember in the Natalie Hemming case, the little boy gave extremely useful info to the police about hearing a bang and peeking through the door and mummy was lying on the floor and daddy took the rug away, to help secure the murder conviction, but obviously the Sharifs have had a month to brainwash the kids on what to say.

"Eventually a judge called the children in.
Some were carried by their aunts or female police officers.

While the judge asked questions of their grandfather and his lawyer, they sat on chairs at the side, legs dangling.
The eldest child comforted the youngest, pacing the court while bouncing them.

At one point the children's family brought in refreshments - cartons of juice and packets of biscuits.

All five were sent to a waiting police car before the verdict was announced.

Sara's grandfather Muhammad Sharif, who is Urfan Sharif's father, made no comment as he left court."

How awful.

Different culture, different rules, different priorities.

Different culture, different rules, different priorities.

Also an exceptional and fraught situation, where there's an obvious interest in keeping the remaining children away from local family during what may be (hopefully not) an extended hunt for the parents -- all under the bright glare of international media.

Not saying this was an ideal situation, but it certainly must have been a novel and confusing one for whatever court(s) it landed in.

Hopefully the children can now be kept together safely and comfortably as the process plays out.

"Surrey Police have said they are working to secure the safe return of Sara Sharif’s five siblings from Pakistan, after a court ruled the children would be temporarily moved to a government childcare."

Surrey County Council said its "overriding priority" is the welfare of the children. BBC News understands the council was working through the night to get information to the court in Pakistan.
Tim Oliver, leader of Surrey County Council, said they were working with authorities "to best ensure the immediate and longer term safety and wellbeing of the children".

I wonder what information the Surrey County Council is providing the courts is in relation to their 'immediate safety'? Do they believe that one or more of the children are still in danger? It must be in preparation to bring the children back home to UK. IMOO

I think, as potential witnesses, these poor children will have to be questioned about the events on 8th - 10th Aug. Apart from the one and a half yr old bairn, all the others are old enough to remember the events of the last month. (IMOO).

Their journey through this nightmare is sadly not over.

(MOO)

What a traumatic experience for the children. I hope they will be kept in a facility where they can be all kept together.

Hopefully this will result in the Grandfather notifying authorities where the dad and step mother are hiding.

Surrey County Council said its "overriding priority" is the welfare of the children. BBC News understands the council was working through the night to get information to the court in Pakistan.
Tim Oliver, leader of Surrey County Council, said they were working with authorities "to best ensure the immediate and longer term safety and wellbeing of the children".

I wonder what information the Surrey County Council is providing the courts is in relation to their 'immediate safety'? Do they believe that one or more of the children are still in danger? It must be in preparation to bring the children back home to UK. IMOO

I think, as potential witnesses, these poor children will have to be questioned about the events on 8th - 10th Aug. Apart from the one and a half yr old bairn, all the others are old enough to remember the events of the last month. (IMOO).

Their journey through this nightmare is sadly not over.

(MOO)

I wonder if the council has made an EPO to the court?

With today Court's decision, I don't think these criminals will ever see their children.

Fate is fickle.
They once alienated kids from their Polish Mother.

And look at them now!

What goes around
Comes around!!!!

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members