UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the UK, every person in custody is entitled to free and independent legal advice. If they do not have their preferred solicitor, a duty solicitor will be appointed for them. It is entirely normal for separate defendants to have separate solicitors.

In the UK, every person in custody is entitled to free and independent legal advice. If they do not have their preferred solicitor, a duty solicitor will be appointed for them. It is entirely normal for separate defendants to have separate solicitors.
I do not think anyone is debating their right to legal advice. It is the use of a well known and probably very expensive lawyer that has raised interest .

With 3 solicitors
I bet the trial will be like deadly games, with these 3 monsters attacking one another.

And blaming one another.

JMO

The defendants, from Hammond Road in Woking, spoke only to confirm their names, dates of birth and addresses and did not enter any pleas to the two charges.

Urfan Sharif had his head held down as the prosecution briefly outlined the case against the defendants.

Sharif was wearing a grey prison issue tracksuit, Malik wore a red t-shirt and blue jeans and Batool was dressed in black, and were each flanked by a dock officer.

Two of the defendants required an Urdu interpreter.

View attachment 447214
Beinash Batool, stepmother of Sara Shariff being driven from Guildford Magistrates Court today

View attachment 447215
Sharif family lawyer, Attiq Malik, outside Guildford Magistrates' Court

"Two of the defendants required an Urdu interpreter."
This may explain why Beinash spoke on the video and not the men (assuming that they have Urdu Interpreters). IM00

After 20 years in UK and as Taxi Driver, I would have expected Urfan to be able to speak English... (JMO)

I do not think anyone is debating their right to legal advice. It is the use of a well known and probably very expensive lawyer that has raised interest .
Is that Attic Malik?
The media a referring to him as the 'Sharif family lawyer'. I am wondering if that is their words only? Is he *retained* by the family for all legal issues - how odd, for a relatively humble in appearance family to have their 'own' legal eagle - or is he simply the one who drew the short straw for this particular case? Is he a solicitor or KC?
***toddles off to Google Mr Malik ***

This may explain why Beinash spoke on the video and not the men (assuming that they have Urdu Interpreters). IM00

After 20 years in UK and as Taxi Driver, I would have expected Urfan to be able to speak English... (JMO)
I think it is a requirement in case of foreigners (those not born in the country).
Legal language is complex.
Not conversational everyday English.

JMO

In my experience, it is very easy to suddenly forget any ability to speak English when you are required to do so by the 'authorities'. Especially if you are the wrong side of the desk.
JMO - of course.

This might be a silly question but why take a DNA test and get Mum to identify Sara?
I think Mum wanted to see her and so was able to unofficially identify her but as she had not seen her for 4 year did not meet the criteria needed p to officially identify her

From the mail article:
The little girl was identified using the DNA of her mother Olga Sharif, who lives in Somerset, and another relative, the court was told.

Two notes!! Since the notes were found in the same place (under pillow), I presume both are from same person. As there are 2 distinct notes, this indicates to me that there is a gap in time from 1st note to 2nd note (otherwise it is one note written over 2 pages - MOO). It also may mean that Sara's body was placed there for several days and everyone in the house knew about it, thus giving opportunity for the person to slip in and place notes twice.
The MSM reported -
the note was written by a family member and claims that Sara was “beaten to death” by someone known to her family....., the note reads: “Who ever sees this, it was XXXX who killed… (Sara)… by beating. I am running away because I am scared.”

I presume this is one of the notes.

Urfan and Faisal wouldn't be scared and want to run away. I very much doubt Beinash was scared of anything (certainly not an "incident"). So, gut says it it still the boy who put the notes...(JMOO)

I’m actually shocked that all 3 have been charged with her murder. Does that mean that all 3 killed Sara or they do not know which one of them killed Sara so they have charged all 3?

IMO, we are likely to have one perp who was responsible, but it sounds like the perp has not confessed and / or they all said the same thing with a corroborated story (made up while they were in hiding, with the aim of protecting the perp in the belief that their story sounded plausible). However, the police have a murder on their hands and so have charged all three with all offences. I personally, don't think they went with "no comment" interviews. Their lawyer had advised that they were returning to "resolve" matters, so I believe they came up with a story where magically no-one was to blame.

Stories and allegiances might change over the course of the trial and as the defendents realise how much trouble they're in. As more information comes out, we'll see which charges stick. And charges can also be dropped as the trial goes on.

Who knows? ***rolls eyes***
Why the eye roll? There is a different picture portrayed between hands being tied and hands being placed in front of her body and a perfectly valid query for any one to make.

I have been wondering if any Muslim rituals were performed on Sara after her death.
It is usual to carefully wash the body and place the hands one on top of the other on the chest. The body is left facing Mecca.

Mr Attiq Malik - the 'family' lawyer ...
Qualified barrister but practises as a solicitor therefore able to follow a client from first arrest to Crown Court.
Initially was known more for Employment Law, than Criminal Law. He has stated he has always been passionate about human rights.
Became a name more widely known to the public after being called to represent a defendant in a Conspiracy to Murder trial.
Still available to view on C4 catchup I believe. 24hrs in Police Custody.
Became known as the 'no comment' lawyer, due to advising his client to go 'no comment' in interview.
When asked what his career highlight was, stated it was being on the TV show. (Goodness me! The mind boggles, if that is his career highlight.)
Based in Luton .... (home town of Batool)

Not quite my interpretation of a 'top lawyer'.
My interpretation is that he was known to the Asian community in Luton, got called out as Duty Solicitor on the night C4 was filming, and Bob's Your Uncle ....

Right time, right place.
JMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member