UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I suppose the 12 month delay is so the lawyers can get their research and case ready. Also, the post-mortem needs to be completed prior to this.
IMOO
Also Media Reports -
Lawyers for the defendants indicated that they deny the charges and no application for bail was made. No update was given on the condition of the five children who remain in Pakistan.

"The court heard after her death, Sara was found to have a "constellation" of healed and healing injuries.

They included a broken collarbone, multiple rib fractures and a brain haemorrhage."
:(

From another link

"Prosecutor Giles Bedoe told the court that Sara was found to have 'a constellation of healed and healing injuries'.

They allegedly included:
- a healed fracture to her collar bone,
- a healed fracture to the hyoid bone in her neck,
- multiple rib fractures,
- bruising to her torso and limbs,
- a brain haemorrhage.

Mr Bedoe alleged:
'It follows Sara had been subjected to multiple events of violence over a sustained period of time that must have culminated in her death'."

Last edited:
"The court heard after her death, Sara was found to have a "constellation" of healed and healing injuries.

They included a broken collarbone, multiple rib fractures and a brain haemorrhage."

From another link

"Prosecutor Giles Bedoe told the court that Sara was found to have 'a constellation of healed and healing injuries'.

They allegedly included:
- a brain haemorrhage.

Mr Bedoe alleged:
'It follows Sara had been subjected to multiple events of violence over a sustained period of time that must have culminated in her death'."

My god.

IMO
Fracture of hyoid bone in the neck suggests strangling.

Didn't Polish wife say her then husband was strangling her with a belt?

I think both father and stepm. abused Sara.
They probably considered it as "discipline".
Bleeding in the brain might suggest brain damage.

JMO

Last edited:

handwritten note was found under the pillow where murdered 10-year-old Sara Sharif's battered body lay, saying 'Love you Sara', a court has heard.

Sara's father Urfan Sharif, 41, stepmother Beinash Batool, 29, and Sharif's brother Faisal Malik, 28, appeared via video link at the Old Bailey today.

The defendants are charged with murder and causing or allowing the death of a child after a post-mortem revealed Sara suffered broken ribs, bruising, and a brain haemorrhage before her death.

Officers found her body 'fully clothed' under a duvet in a bunk bed along with two handwritten notes 'tucked under the pillows under the child's head'.

One of them said simply 'love you Sara' while the other named her alleged killer, the court heard.

Prosecutor Giles Bedloe said there was still 'quite a significant amount of post-mortem examination on going'.

But initial tests have shown Sara suffered 'multiple rib fractures front and back', 'multiple areas of bruising to her torso and limbs', and 'the presence of haemorrhage on her brain'.

She also had a 'healed fracture' on one collarbone and her hyoid bone - a u-shaped bone at the root of the tongue in the throat.

Batool dressed in a black t-shirt appeared from HMP Bronzefield in Surrey while Malik, in a red polo shirt, and Sharif, in grey tracksuits, are being held at HMP Belmarsh.

All appeared emotionless throughout the hearing.

The amount of force it would take to fracture a CHILD'S hyoid is unimaginable. The hyoid is flexible in young people. Even in young adults, sometimes it is not fractured in cases of strangulation because of this.

MOO

IMO
Fracture of hyoid bone in the neck suggests strangling.

Didn't Polish wife say her then husband was strangling her with a belt?

I think both father and stepm. abused Sara.
They probably considered it as "discipline".
Bleeding in the brain might suggest brain damage.

JMO
BBM - Quite possibly. I believe manual strangulation is responsible for something like 50% of hyoid bone fractures.

From another link

They allegedly included:
- a brain haemorrhage.

Mr Bedoe alleged:

Oh God! The poor babe!!! to be in such pain for months!!!

I hate the way they have shown no remorse to the child!!!! (IMOO)

There is a new thread on WS about children being "disciplined" by abusive parents in a "house of horrors".
Tied to furniture, beaten, fed cat food, etc.
Oh, and "home schooled" by mother.

It is chilling how children are treated all over the world by some monsters :(

From another link

They allegedly included:
- a brain haemorrhage.

Mr Bedoe alleged:
But IIRC, she was only recently taken out of school?
So which, and how many of these injuries was she suffering whilst attending school?
And which injuries would have incapacitated her-meaning absence from school for a while?

From another link

They allegedly included:
- a brain haemorrhage.

Mr Bedoe alleged:

Am I allowed to say utter barstewards.(The accused that is)

There are now 3 cases I'm following which have their plea hearings on Friday 1 December 2023. Two of them are at the Old Bailey.

Should I take the day off work and see if I can get a seat in the gallery? This would be a dramatic escalation in my ghoulishness when it comes to True Crime!

So which, and how many of these injuries was she suffering whilst attending school?
And which injuries would have incapacitated her-meaning absence from school for a while?
IIRC wasn't Sara taken out of school around Easter time? That would give about 4 months when she wasn't regularly observed by teachers etc and could have sustained the fractures.
In many other cases the abuse has escalated significantly once the child is no longer spending time away from the house, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same applies here
JMO

Poor Sara

Was that why she was made to wear hijab - to hide the bruises?(IMOO) I know that typically girls who hit puberty may be expected to wear hijabs but the stepmother did not wear one and the biological mum wasn't keen either as she wanted the children to choose religion as they grew older.

The hijab is worn outside the home, the father has seen/caused the bruises and injuries when Sara was at home.

From Dec 2022 to April 2023 - did she started wearing Hijab around this time. Maybe they made her hide the bruises at school and when it was becoming difficult to conceal their abuse (I refer to the schoolfriend noticing bruises from her allegedly falling off a bike), they pulled her out of the school! Or when one of the injuries had incapacitated her to the extent that she couldn't attend school, they just withdrew her from school (IMO). If kids don't attend school without valid reasons, the parents get fined and the Social Services can get involved to help support the child return to school. In this case, they must have known this and decided to 'home school' so they don't get fined and Social Services don't get involved (IMOO).

The father (who is responsible for her schooling as she was living with him) must have pulled her out of school. The stepmother doesnt have any authority to do so. Didnt the biological mother have a say (as she had equal responsibility)?

I am so mad that 3 adults in the same house and no one had a shred of humanity in them! (MIO)

It is unfortunate and sad that the 13yr old boy didn't/couldn't flag this to his teacher/school/mosque/anyone who could have helped.(IMO)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back