UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to shoot me down if this is a ridiculous question, but is there any chance this could be a neglectful murder, rather than what we've been thinking thus far? Is there any chance she was just left there alone (alive), and something happened to her that brought about her death? I'm thinking along the lines of felony murder in the States.

Could the school have called?

Is there a summer break in the UK like there is in the US and Canada or would kids be in school in August?
Schools in England are not back yet.

However, it's not impossible that it was the school that called. They might have been in contact with the family for various reasons, or someone who was concerned about the family contacted the school which triggered a welfare check. Schools normally have a skeleton crew working during the holidays especially with regards to safeguarding. I would imagine a call from the school would be during office hours, but it's also the holidays so someone may have been catching up on emails in the evening and decided something warranted a call to police. JMO

Feel free to shoot me down if this is a ridiculous question, but is there any chance this could be a neglectful murder, rather than what we've been thinking thus far? Is there any chance she was just left there alone (alive), and something happened to her that brought about her death? I'm thinking along the lines of felony murder in the States.
Not shooting you down,but no I do not think this is a possibility. It is not like cases where a toddler or baby is left alone whilst the mother goes on holiday.

Why would they want to lose their whole way of life in England by fleeing to Pakistan ?

Unless restrained Sara would have been capable of getting help from the neighbours if left on her own.

Schools in England are not back yet.

However, it's not impossible that it was the school that called. They might have been in contact with the family for various reasons, or someone who was concerned about the family contacted the school which triggered a welfare check. Schools normally have a skeleton crew working during the holidays especially with regards to safeguarding. I would imagine a call from the school would be during office hours, but it's also the holidays so someone may have been catching up on emails in the evening and decided something warranted a call to police. JMO
I have not known of any primary school having a skeleton staff working during the holiday with regard to safeguarding. Teachers often come into school voluntarily to prepare their classroom for the new term ,or do paperwork,school admin are sometimes in. Obviously if an emergency phone call/ email came in it would be dealt with and referred to the correct authorities.

The phone call to the police was in the early hours of the morning so not a time anyone from school would be ringing.

Sara Sharif's cause of death unclear - as further tests needed​

[…]

A post-mortem examination carried out earlier this week concluded the cause was "still to be established", Superintendent Mark Chapman said on Thursday.

Sara has not yet been formally identified but has been widely named in media reports.

[…]

Sara Sharif's cause of death unclear - as further tests needed​

[…]

A post-mortem examination carried out earlier this week concluded the cause was "still to be established", Superintendent Mark Chapman said on Thursday.

Sara has not yet been formally identified but has been widely named in media reports.

[…]

Oh no. Multiple injurys? The way they all suddenly hopped out this is looking bad.

JMO

Oh no. Multiple injurys? The way they all suddenly hopped out this is looking bad.

JMO
I suspect that there's a degree of decomposition. It's summer, if there was any kind of heating left on in the home, if she died some time before she was discovered, all this could mean that it's more challenging for the forensic pathologist. But even if there was an 'obvious' cause of death, they still do a full autopsy in these situations. I know it's a different country, but Gannon had obvious stab wounds, bludgeoning wounds and a gunshot wound, but they still checked everything and found he'd been drugged, too. Toxicology typically takes a few weeks to come back, IIRC.

MOO

JMO
I would have thought that multiple injuries would paint a story quite quickly. Unless there are historic injuries too.

Or, its really not at all obvious from their usual round 1 of tests which would normally tell them.

My heart really goes out to her biological mother and relatives. I think she was mistreated by someone and medical attention not sought, but just speculation. I have no idea who mistreated her, but whomever it was - what a bunch of cowardly fleeing adults. My opinions only.

I suspect that there's a degree of decomposition. It's summer, if there was any kind of heating left on in the home, if she died some time before she was discovered, all this could mean that it's more challenging for the forensic pathologist. But even if there was an 'obvious' cause of death, they still do a full autopsy in these situations. I know it's a different country, but Gannon had obvious stab wounds, bludgeoning wounds and a gunshot wound, but they still checked everything and found he'd been drugged, too. Toxicology typically takes a few weeks to come back, IIRC.

MOO

I wonder when the last independent sighting was of Sara ?

JMO
Multiple injuries is a possibility but so is drugged.

The possibility she was left behind alive is still on the table for me. I know that's far-fetched! :)

Nothing really makes sense, and I hope we will get answers for Sara.

jmo

Regarding the photo of her with make up, don’t all girls love it so they look after moms? I see comments about how worry it is they put so much make-up on her but don’t children love to do that from a very early age ?

yes, some girls do, but not all of them end up a murder victim. I personally am not against it. It's just the circumstances.
Since Sara ended up deceased I'm looking into every possible angle. Until we have more info I'm just speculating. Was she a victim of SA? Human trafficking? Step-Mother scapegoating?
Her older brother's rage? Domestic Violence? Angry father or Uncle?

MOO
The family were living in the home until the day before she was discovered . It has not been a hot summer ,but no heating would have been needed in the house.

The family were living in the home until the day before she was discovered . It has not been a hot summer ,but no heating would have been needed in the house.
I bow to your knowledge on the home heating not being needed.

It not being a 'hot' summer doesn't really matter, per se, how should I put this. It just has to be warm enough for decomposition to happen, and for insect activity to occur. So, above freezing. It's a low bar. And, of course, refrigerators and freezers exist.

As Alyce said above, I also wonder when the last person outside the home sighted her alive.

MOO

I’m going with family. Neighbor IMOO isn’t randomly awake at 2:50 to call in a concern when they can even see inside the house. And whatever happened to Sara would have occurred some time before, so it’s not like they were alerted by a scream etc.

unless the neighbor heard loud screams, banging against the walls. It looks like the townhouses share walls with neighbors.

I bow to your knowledge on the home heating not being needed.

It not being a 'hot' summer doesn't really matter, per se, how should I put this. It just has to be warm enough for decomposition to happen, and for insect activity to occur. So, above freezing. It's a low bar. And, of course, refrigerators and freezers exist.

As Alyce said above, I also wonder when the last person outside the home sighted her alive.

MOO
I do not think the family with 5 other children would be able to stay in the house with a decomposing body. The smell would be unbearable. The neighbours would also be able to smell it as they lived in a semi detached house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces