UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Police found a handwritten note at the home of schoolgirl Sara Sharif which names her alleged killer.

The Mail can reveal that the note claims the ten-year-old was 'beaten' to death by an assailant, known to her family, at their house near Woking in Surrey.

The note - scribbled in large letters on lined paper – was written by a family member and starts: 'Who ever sees this, it was XXXX who killed… (Sara)… by beating. I am running away because I am scared.'

It is thought to have been left for police to find and contradicts claims made by extended family in Pakistan that the little girl fell down the stairs and broke her neck.

Surrey Police found the note near Sara's body, which was half-hidden under a blanket, after being called to the home in the morning of August 10. They declined to comment last night.
This link doesn't seem to work anymore and I can't find the article on their website. Was this reported anywhere else?

But who took the cars?
His extended family living there?
I'd look in longterm airport parking. They're normally to be found in places like that. They weren't coming back, so they just needed somewhere they could park them. And they were actually going to the airport, with at least one infant. If they'd taken taxis to the airport, they would have been remembered by yet another person (very likely, given the father actually WAS a taxi driver, he could have been assigned a driver who knew him personally), and they would have needed to bring their own carseats for the little ones.

MOO

I'd look in longterm airport parking. They're normally to be found in places like that. They weren't coming back, so they just needed somewhere they could park them. And they were actually going to the airport, with at least one infant. If they'd taken taxis to the airport, they would have been remembered by yet another person (very likely, given the father actually WAS a taxi driver, he could have been assigned a driver who knew him personally), and they would have needed to bring their own carseats for the little ones.

MOO
But the cars were seen in the driveway AFTER they left.

But vanished BEFORE Police came.

MOO

They did not flee in the cars. The cars were on the driveway until late on the evening of August 9. A neighbour said they saw the cars that night before they went to bed but that the cars were gone by the time the police arrived at 3am

Urfan, Beinash and Faisal departed on a flight at 2pm that day.

Neighbours reveal two cars were on the drive of house where girl, 10, was found dead when they went to bed but 'gone by 3am' -​

Last edited:
This includes the car timeline from my post #277.

Timeline

Urfan Sharif, 41, is awarded custody of Sara and her 13-year-old brother. Other than occasional phonecalls, Olga Sharif, the mother, saw her children only twice in the 4 years since 2019.

Olga Sharif is cut off completely from her children following an argument with Urfan's new partner, Beenish.

April 2023
Urfan Sharif, his partner Beenish, and six 'very young' children move into the house in Hammond Road, Surrey.

8 August, Tuesday or 9 Aug, Wednesday?
Plane tickets are booked for Pakistan.

BBC Source: 8 Aug, Tuesday
'The BBC has spoken to a travel agent in the town who said he was contacted by someone known to Sara, wanting tickets for three adults and five children. Speaking to the BBC, the travel agent in Woking identified the person making the booking on the evening of 8 August to travel the following day, whom he said had used his services before.'

Sky News Source: 9 Aug, Wednesday
'One-way tickets to Islamabad were booked on 9 August, hours before she was found dead. [...] The travel agent told Sky News the tickets were booked after a phone call and communication on WhatsApp.'

9 Aug, Wednesday
3 adults and 5 children fly to Pakistan.

10 Aug, Thursday
Sussex Police is called to the property 'following a concern for safety'.

9 Aug, Wednesday or 10 Aug, Thursday?
Neighbours say that hours before emergency services arrived, 2 cars disappear from the driveway.

10 Aug, Thursday
A 10 year-old girl's body found by police at 02:50 BST.

10 Aug, Thursday
A murder investigation is launched, led by Surrey Police and Sussex Police’s Major Crime Team. 'We have identified a number of individuals we would like to speak to as part of our enquiries and at this stage, we are not looking to identify anyone else in connection with our investigation. We have no reason to believe there is any risk to the public.' Surrey Police said it was working with the international authorities to locate them.

15 Aug, Tuesday
The girl is named locally as Sara Sharif.

15 Aug, Tuesday
Olga Sharif, Sara's mum, gives an interview to The Sun.

15 Aug, Tuesday
Police say that formal identification was still set to take place and a post-mortem examination was planned to be carried out.

16 Aug, Wednesday
The BBC speaks to police in Pakistan who have said that no formal approach has been made by the British authorities over the case. Pakistan and the UK do not have a formal extradition treaty.

Did they own the cars? Was one a taxi? I know in Aus that not all taxi drivers own the cabs and one car can have multiple drivers. Could they have informed another driver to come pick it up as they are going on an impromptu trip?

Okay, then I have no idea. They obviously have someone local who helped them out, and if not family, then perhaps someone with no knowledge of the crime.

"Oh, please help, we have to return home for a funeral immediately, and we're worried the cars will get stolen while we're gone. Could you perhaps park them at your house/garage/workplace until we return? We'd be so grateful. We'll put the keys in your mailbox/cubbyhole at work/under your doormat."

The person/people pick up the cars, never stepping foot in the home, never seeing Sara's body, and not knowing until it hits the news that the family made them an unwitting accessory.

MOO

This is so sad.

Initially I was going in a different direction but now now that details of this family’s life has begun to trickle out, it’s a sad old story that we read about all the time here.

Over and over.

It never stops, nor will it.

Poor little Sara. She should have been with her mum or, at the very least, able to spend time with her. That’s cruel in itself. It also may have saved her.

I’ll never understand how an adult can beat, torture and destroy a child. It’s not a cultural thing either. It happens to many children of varying social backgrounds and cultures. It’s just a thing.

I hate to say that I’ve become numb to these cases and I always swear I’ll stay away from the children’s cases but here I am. Again.

Please let them find these horrible people. Bring them back to face their eternity in a prison where child killers have a bullseye on their backs. Let them fear for the rest of their miserable lives. Let them taste fear and never know when the next blows may rain down upon them. Just like Sara.

If the note says “beaten to death” by someone known to her family, that implies it’s not her father but more like the Uncle?

But why on earth would her father allow an Uncle to beat her

If the note exists, I can only assume one of the kids wrote it, possibly her brother. “I am running away” might just mean he knows the whole family is felling. But if this note exists, it means they did know (incl the kids) she was dead before they left and it was no accident.

Well, it's been a question. Why would the father make that call? But now we learn about a note, identifying the murderer.

It stands to reason IMO that Sara would have had one ally in that home.... someone who needed the authorities alerted...

Heroic, if it's what he did. Absolutely heroic.

Jmo
If the 13 year old brother did write it, why have the police released it? Surely it puts him in grave danger in Pakistan?
MOO

ETA I see this has already been pointed out.

Hmm, just moo but the note could so easily be written by those responsible in order to place the blame elsewhere. Doesn't mean a sibling wrote it. It's not as though the children had any choice in fleeing so the 'running away' reference wouldn't make sense.
But if you were a child in that situation - possibly the 13 year old brother, then maybe running away from your family seemed like your only recourse, however impossible it looks to us? And you would be scared - terrified and heart-broken about what had happened to your sister. I am really worried that this information has been published (great for boosting circulation and online clicks but was any thought given to the safety of the author?) Any way this gets back to the father or other adults and I fear another of their children may be killed.
If I was the police I would be talking to airport personnel and air crew from the flight to see if they noticed anything unusual about dynamics in the family how the children - especially the older ones seemed…

Hmm, just moo but the note could so easily be written by those responsible in order to place the blame elsewhere. Doesn't mean a sibling wrote it. It's not as though the children had any choice in fleeing so the 'running away' reference wouldn't make sense.

Yeah I'm skeptical about the note at the moment, sounds a bit like a set up to me.

Im again thinking about the mysterious uncle.

Who is he?
Why did he pay for the tickets?
Why did he flee?

Stepmother and father abused Sara, but would they beat her to death?

Somebody must have been in rage to do that.
Absolute rage.

The child was unrecognizable.
Mother could not recognize her daughter.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members