UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
when i first read a description of the beating i took it to mean an extended session. One.
But reading today's remarks makes it clear she had been beaten on an ongoing basis.
And these were severe beatings.

Depending on the severity of her injuries.
It's most likely she was kept home from school.
It makes me soooo angry!

Oh why the kids were not granted 50/50 custody split between parents??
It is inhumane to break the connection with mother.

Bio Mum is not a criminal!
She is not in prison.
She has a flat where they previously lived together.

Sara was robbed of life!!!
Robbed of mother!
Why?

This case is really too much for me to follow :(

It makes me soooo angry!

She is not in prison.
She has a flat they where previously lived together.

Robbed of mother!
Why?

It's harrowing.
There is no guarantee it will be resolved either.

In my experience following child abuse death cases, I think that if this ever sees a trial, we're going to hear evidence of severe bruising all over, bones in various stages of healing, perhaps even sharp force injuries or burns (child abuse victims often have cigarette burns if their abuser is a smoker). I think she's going to be malnourished. I think cause of death may be a beating, but could be something else. I don't know yet if we'll see sexual trauma on that list. Could be, might not be. There's a possibility she might have been habitually bound or imprisoned in a cabinet or cupboard. I think that it's all going to be very hard to hear.

This is all very much my opinion only, I have no more information than any of you right now.

I agree.

It makes me soooo angry!

She is not in prison.

Robbed of mother!
Why?

I am wondering whether she will apply to obtain custody of her eldest? Perhaps there is a silver lining?

Some people notice some of the time, and sometimes those people who notice act on that, and sometimes, that action might help a child.

The sad fact is, there are a substantial number of kids who go through hell at home and the people around them don't notice. Even when they're in a position to spend time with the child. Even when they're mandatory reporters and have training in what the signs of child abuse can look like.

Sometimes, the first sign anyone notices that a child is being abused is when they turn up dead.

And then on the flipside, you've got cases like that of Gabriel Fernandez, where there were so many signs, when those signs went on for months, and where dozens of people failed to prevent what happened.

And there's a whole spectrum of stuff in between, from clear and obvious to completely hidden to everyone but those who lived in the home.

The fact is, as much as we'd like to think that we would notice or that the child would give us a clear sign, abusers can be very good at covering their tracks, and kids can be very good at compartmentalising the abuse to endure their existence, but also often feel they need to keep the abuse hidden, out of fear or out of love for their abuser, or both.

Unless this case sees a court room, we may never know the full circumstances of Sara's life and death, just that they were painful, and that her time here was far too short, and that someone who should have been the safest and most caring person in the world to her was responsible.

MOO

and kids will lie to protect their family.

Pakistani police say they are under 'tremendous pressure' to find family members of murdered ten-year-old Sara Sharif amid claims the British High Commission is threatening to 'send their own investigators'​

Police in Pakistan have said they are under 'tremendous pressure' from the British High Commission to find missing family members of murdered ten-year-old Sara Sharif.

[…]

Last night, Malik Imran, the investigating officer at Jhelum's Saddar Police station, which is coordinating the investigation, said: 'We are facing tremendous pressure from the authorities to find the location of Urfan Sharif.

'The British High Commission in Islamabad is pressuring us to find [Urfan Sharif] immediately, or they will send their own investigators.'

He added: 'We have been told to find out his location. But, how can we find the location as we believe he is not carrying any gadgets [mobile phones] through which we could locate him.'

[…]

It makes me soooo angry!

She is not in prison.

Robbed of mother!
Why?

I think unfortunately there must have been valid reasons why she wasn’t given custody. She’s had minimal contact with her children since 2019. I don’t want to say anything negative about her but IMO probably all the adults in Sara’s life failed her. :(

All three are now wanted for questioning over Sara's murder.

Last week, Surrey Police revealed that Sara's body was discovered on August 10th after Mr Sharif called them from Pakistan, which led police to search the £500,000 family council house.

Although post-mortem tests could not determine the cause of death, the results revealed bruises on her body which showed the little girl 'had suffered multiple and extensive injuries, which are likely to have been caused over a sustained and extended period of time.'

Hello !
I've looked through these 3 Pakinstan news agencies :
I can't find anything about searches for Sara's father.
The first has a window where one can change the date of the edition.

Could someone go through because I get very dizzy doing this. I guess I can join the Travis Bar thread at this stage ;)

thenews.com.pk
tribune.com.pk
pakistantoday.com.pk

Snipped from Jennie's post #486

'The British High Commission in Islamabad is pressuring us to find [Urfan Sharif] immediately, or they will send their own investigators.'

I really hope they do this asap.

The photo could have been taken by her mother before she lost custody, that would be around the 6-year mark.
I doubt it was taken by her Mum.
The picture on the wall is in Arabic.
And she seems to be with siblings also wearing uniforms.

Photos with Mum look happy and informal.
This is a formal school photo.

JMO

The makeup photo is disconcerting in a child of that age.
So many questions and how sad Sara's life must have been !
Omo.

Rest in gentle peace, little girl and hoping justice is swift and harsh.
I thought that at first,but after seeing that it was her mother who provided the photo and appeared to be very proud of how pretty Sara was ,she was pictured holding up a framed picture of the same photo ,I think that she,the mother, applied the make up and took the photo and maybe that was her idea of making her child look beautiful. The style is not unlike the make up young pageant queens wear for competitors.

Last edited:
Snipped from Jennie's post #486

I really hope they do this asap.
I am cheering! So good to hear that the British authorities are piling the pressure on and will intervene if necessary.

Surely it can’t be that easy to hide a family of five children, it’s interesting. There is no mention of interviewing Beinish since they arrived in Pakistan, I would’ve assumed she’d fled to her family and relatives, and would be very easy to locate. The focus seems to be entirely on finding the father.

I thought that at first,but after seeing that it was her mother who provided the photo and appeared to be very proud of how pretty Sara was ,she was pictured holding up a framed picture of the same photo ,I think that she,the mother, applied the make up and took the photo and maybe that was her idea of making her child look beautiful. The style is not unlike the make up young pageant queens wear for competitors.
She was receiving photos of her children from father and stepmother.
Until the quarrel, that is.

Then nothing.
All contacts stopped.

I am cheering! So good to hear that the British authorities are piling the pressure on and will intervene if necessary.

Surely it can’t be that easy to hide a family of five children, it’s interesting. There is no mention of interviewing Beinish since they arrived in Pakistan, I would’ve assumed she’d fled to her family and relatives, and would be very easy to locate. The focus seems to be entirely on finding the father.
I agree with you that the focus all seems to be on finding the father,though it is also mentioned that they are searching for his brother and Beenish.The children have not been mentioned in any article I have read. I would have thought the remaining children would have been considered as vulnerable and in danger so would have been a priority to locate by authorities in both Pakistan and England I did wonder if the children were left with relatives and police know where they are and the three adults have gone into hiding.

Last edited:
She was receiving photos of her children from father and stepmother.
Until the quarrel, that is.

Then nothing.
All contacts stopped.
Staged photo's with filters applied? to impress mother and show how all is well?
Her mum has said that Sara wanted to be a model, so mum could well have liked such a photo and so would Sara - hence the agreeable smile?

Staged photo's with filters applied? to impress mother and show how all is well?
Her mum has said that Sara wanted to be a model, so mum could well have liked such a photo and so would Sara - hence the agreeable smile?
I do not think her Muslim family would encourage or indulge Sara's ambition to become a model or applying filters to photos.

The Sun who interviewed Sara's mother who appears to have supplied the pictures ,rather than the press taking them from a social media site, could have been shown a selection of photos provided and chose the ones which would cause the most controversy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member