GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah’s sister Katie breaks down addressing Couzens in court “It disgusts me that you were the last person to touch her perfect body. How scared she must have been. She had no one with her. No kindness. I hate that I wasn’t there to stop you. How dare you take her away from me”

https://twitter.com/mattuthompson/status/1443221346859749384

3:31pm
Miss Everard's sister demands killer looks her in the eye as she talks
Katie Everard, Sarah's sister, addressed Wayne Couzens directly from the stand at the Old Bailey.

Staring at him, she said sternly: "Please look at me when I talk to you. This is only half of what I want to say."

You treated Sarah as if she was nothing. Placed more emphasis on satisfying your sick, disgusting perversions than on a life.

Her life. You disposed of my sister's body like it was rubbish. Fly-tipped her like she meant nothing. She meant everything.

We couldn't even see her, she was so badly burnt.

Her brain was removed from her skull to check for trauma and cause of death - I still don't know if they put her brain back in her head or whether it is lying next to her body in her coffin.

Sarah Everard murder: Wayne Couzens 'may have abused lockdown powers to arrest and kidnap victim'

Rather depends how much blood was found-they only need small traces these days with DNA being so advanced. It is quite possible she had a nosebleed & bled on the car seat as one example for where violence wouldn't play a part.

I’m not sure about you but to me, rape is certainly a form of violence, as is being strangled to death. The fact they found blood stains in the front seat, the back seat and the boot - doesn’t bode well.

RIP Sarah.

Rather depends how much blood was found-they only need small traces these days with DNA being so advanced. It is quite possible she had a nosebleed & bled on the car seat as one example for where violence wouldn't play a part.

Nope, English is also my second language but a very fluent one for me (I hope/like to think!) but that's just stupid. Walking around with handcuffs on display is not the tactic for an undercover cop to make, and then to seemingly brag about it and show more paraphernalia... The person who asked him if he was 'into kinky stuff' (or whatever the quote was) was bang on the money, I think. A flagrant display of deviancy and disgusting arrogance.
He is for British LE the same as Russel for Canadian Army!
Canadians scraped his car to a bar of metal and BURNT his uniform.
Such was a shame they felt.

Katie Everard is crying as she reads the statement.

Wayne Couzens has finally raised his head and is listening.

Katie said: "You used your warrant card to trick my sister into your car. She sat in a car handcuffed for hours.

"What could she have thought she had done wrong? What lies did you tell her? When did she realise that she wasn't going to survive the night?"

Live updates as Wayne Couzens sentenced at Old Bailey for Sarah Everard's murder

This tragic case is an absolute disgrace for LE!
How could such a weirdo sneak into their ranks??
Oh, and him cockily showing police belt with handcuffs in public as an UNDERCOVER!!!! officer.
As I understand *undercover* means not to draw attention.
But, as English is a foreign language for me, maybe I misunderstood.

Police forces are like any other job full of all types-including perverts like him, paedophiles, wife beaters, drug addicts, racists, bent cops taking bribes from criminals etc. In fact until the 1984 PACE ACT police were not obliged & rarely did oblige to record interviews with suspects, suspects were often denied legal counsel, beaten, deprived of sleep, had salt put in their food etc, adults with the mental age of children were told they could go home if they confessed to crimes-including rape & murder, while being denied legal counsel or an appropriate adult. For a long time after police got round the act by interviewing prisoners in their cells with no legal counsel present.

Cops in the 1960's & 1970's were offering protection to *advertiser censored* shops in exchange for a cut of their profits-this went to the highest levels & not just beat cops. The Met Police in the 1999 were judged institutionally racist by a report into the Stephen Lawrence murder, more recently they have been judged institutionally corrupt over the Daniel Morgan murder.

I’m not sure about you but to me, rape is certainly a form of violence, as is being strangled to death. The fact they found blood stains in the front seat, the back seat and the boot - doesn’t bode well.

RIP Sarah.

Yes, I meant as in a separate physical attack such as a physical beating/torture, as the poster I was responding to had concerns about.

Susan Everard has taken to the stand and is speaking calmly and eloquently.

Sarah's mum's statement in full

Sarah Everard's mum remembers her 'precious little girl' in statement

Unbearable, isn't it...I'll reproduce here (as I believe it's permitted on this occasion) the Telegraph's clearer presentation of her statement:
'Don’t get in the car, Sarah. Don’t believe him. Run!'
Impact statement for Sarah Everard by her mother, Susan Everard

Sarah is gone and I am broken hearted. She was my precious little girl, our youngest child. The feeling of loss is so great it is visceral. And with the sorrow come waves of panic at not being able to see her again. I can never talk to her, never hold her again, and never more be a part of her life. We have kept her dressing gown - it still smells of her and I hug that instead of her.

Sarah died in horrendous circumstances. I am tormented at the thought of what she endured. I play it out in my mind. I go through the terrible sequence of events. I wonder when she realized she was in mortal danger; I wonder what her murderer said to her. When he strangled her, for how long was she conscious, knowing she would die? It is torture to think of it. Sarah was handcuffed, unable to defend herself and there was no one to rescue her. She spent her last hours on this earth with the very worst of humanity. She lost her life because Wayne Couzens wanted to satisfy his perverted desires. It is a ridiculous reason, it is nonsensical; how could he value a human life so cheaply? I cannot comprehend it. I am incandescent with rage at the thought of it. He treated my daughter as if she was nothing and disposed of her as if she was rubbish.

If Sarah had died because of an illness, she would have been cared for. We could have looked after her and been with her. If she had died because of an accident, people would have tried to help - there would have been kindness. But there is no comfort to be had, there is no consoling thought in the way Sarah died. In her last hours she was faced with brutality and terror, alone with someone intent on doing her harm. The thought of it is unbearable. I am haunted by the horror of it.

When Sarah went missing we suffered days of agony, not knowing where she was or what had happened to her. Then, when Sarah’s burnt remains were found, we spent two terrible days waiting for tests to show how she had died, fearing she had been set alight before she was dead - the thought was appalling. Burning her body was the final insult, it meant we could never again see her sweet face and never say goodbye.

Our lives will never be the same. We should be a family of five, but now we are four. Her death leaves a yawning chasm in our lives that cannot be filled. I yearn for her. I remember all the lovely things about her: she was caring, she was funny. She was clever, but she was good at practical things too. She was a beautiful dancer. She was a wonderful daughter. She was always there to listen, to advise, or simply to share with the minutiae of the day. And she was also a strongly principled young woman who knew right from wrong and who lived by those values. She was a good person. She had purpose to her life.

My outlook on life has changed since Sarah died: I am more cautious; I worry more about our other children. I crave the familiarity and security of home; the wider world has lost its appeal. It is too painful to contemplate a future without Sarah, so I just live in the here and now. I think of Sarah all the time, but the mornings and evenings are particularly painful. In the morning I wake up to the awful reality that Sarah is gone. In the evenings, at the time she was abducted, I let out a silent scream: Don’t get in the car, Sarah. Don’t believe him. Run!

I am repulsed by the thought of Wayne Couzens and what he did to Sarah. I am outraged that he masqueraded as a policeman in order to get what he wanted. Sarah wanted to get married and have children, now all that has gone. He took her life and stole her future and we will never have the joy of sharing that future with her. Each day dawns and I think, Sarah should be here, leading her life and embracing new experiences. She had so many years ahead of her.

I don’t know how anyone could be so cruel as to take my daughter’s life. What I do know is that Sarah will never be forgotten and is remembered with boundless love.

I cling on to memories of Sarah, I hold them tight to keep them safe. The other night, I dreamt that Sarah appeared at home. In my dream I held her and could feel her physically. Jeremy was there, we were comforting her, saying “it’s alright Sarah, it’s alright”. I would give anything to hold her once more; I hope I dream that dream again.

This is so chilling. As women we have all had scary, uncomfortable moments but this is the stuff of nightmares. The Everard family are such decent, dignified people. I know he is sitting in court with his head bowed but I wonder how much impact the family's words have on that warped mind.

Yes, I meant as in a separate physical attack such as a physical beating/torture, as the poster I was responding to had concerns about.

Actually, I was mostly 'concerned about' the movement of things - back seat and front seat - as @misscandle interpreted it. No shade, and I'm glad for your input - my original message wasn't brilliantly worded :)

Judge is now asking the prosecutor why he has omitted a section of his opening in which he referred to Couzens being "attracted to brutal and violent *advertiser censored*". #saraheverard

https://twitter.com/totalcrime/status/1443223585665994760?s=21

Apparently it was from nearly 20 years ago & there is nothing to prove he was watching it more recently-so both prosecution & defence agreed it had no bearing. It is something of a trope in these type of cases now-many men & women enjoy 'violent' adult content-but don't go around acting it out in real life on unwilling people. Pretty much the lazy violent films & video games being equated with real life crimes from the 1980's to now.

Apparently it was from nearly 20 years ago & there is nothing to prove he was watching it more recently-so both prosecution & defence agreed it had no bearing. It is something of a trope in these type of cases now-many men & women enjoy 'violent' adult content-but don't go around acting it out in real life on unwilling people. Pretty much the lazy violent films & video games being equated with real life crimes from the 1980's to now.

I suppose any proof of whether he still was or wasn't into such material was erased when he reset his phone to factory settings and the search history disappeared. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncleGrump