GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The court hears that bloodstains were found in Wayne Couzens’ car. The DNA profile matched Sarah Everard. There were also traces of semen. Those DNA profiles matched Wayne Couzens.

That allows police to conclude the rape occurred in his car. https://twitter.com/mattuthompson/status/1443213081572777989?s=21

Oh my god.. he must have subjected her to an incredibly violent attack to draw blood, given she died of strangulation. Poor girl. I feel sick

Sarah Everard's blood found in Wayne Couzens's car, court hears

The court hears several items were recovered from Wayne Couzens's Seat car.

They included a broken fragment of Sarah Everard's mobile SIM card, three clear plastic gloves in the driver’s door, a handcuff key, two black-coloured Velcro straps attached to one another to form a loop, a craft knife, a head torch on an elasticated band, an unused condom, several hairbands and a sachet of lubricating jelly.

Prosecutor Tom Little QC says Couzens bought a similar pack hairbands from a Tesco store on the evening he kidnapped Ms Everard "for the purposes of the planned kidnap and rape", possibly to maintain an erection or to restrain her.

A blood stain was found on a rear passenger seat which matched Ms Everard's DNA, the court hears.

Semen which matched Couzens's DNA was also found on the back seat, the hearing is told.

Wayne Couzens sentencing live: Sarah Everard's killer had dating profiles and carried handcuffs off-duty, court hears

Miss Everard's blood found in Couzens' Seat
Blood matching that of Sarah Everard was found in the front passenger seat, in the rear seats of the car and in the boot.

More evidence was also found indicating Couzens raped Miss Everard in his car.

Sarah Everard murder: Wayne Couzens 'may have abused lockdown powers to arrest and kidnap victim'

I hate this. Blood? In that many separate areas of the car? This is unholy. In my naive idiocy I guess I thought rape and strangulation might have 'just' been it. God, this is horrific.

Couzens deliberately hits his head on toilet bowl in custody
On Wednesday, Mar 10, Couzens was screened by mental health nurse Lucy Keating, as he had told custody staff that he "experiences anxiety and depression".

He did not have a history of mental health problems and he did not appear to have any acute mental health concerns that would warrant diversion from the criminal justice system, the Old Bailey heard.

At midday, whilst in custody at Wandsworth Police Station, he was further arrested on suspicion of the murder of Sarah Everard.

At 2:39pm whilst on 30-minute checks and being monitored via CCTV, just as he was about to be taken for interview, he deliberately hit his head on the toilet bowl in his cell, sustained a cut to his head.

The London Ambulance Service was called and he was taken to St George’s Hospital for treatment.

He underwent a CT scan and was treated with sutures for a wound just above his forehead.

He remained under police guard and close supervision whilst in hospital.

He was discharged at 7.15pm and returned to the police station where he was placed under constant supervision.

Sarah Everard murder: Wayne Couzens 'may have abused lockdown powers to arrest and kidnap victim'

They included a broken fragment of Sarah Everard's mobile SIM card, three clear plastic gloves in the driver’s door, a handcuff key, two black-coloured Velcro straps attached to one another to form a loop, a craft knife, a head torch on an elasticated band, an unused condom, several hairbands and a sachet of lubricating jelly.

Prosecutor Tom Little QC says Couzens bought a similar pack hairbands from a Tesco store on the evening he kidnapped Ms Everard "for the purposes of the planned kidnap and rape", possibly to maintain an erection or to restrain her.

A blood stain was found on a rear passenger seat which matched Ms Everard's DNA, the court hears.

Semen which matched Couzens's DNA was also found on the back seat, the hearing is told.

Wayne Couzens sentencing live: Sarah Everard's killer had dating profiles and carried handcuffs off-duty, court hears

Once more... Jesus. All that in his car. So long after the crime. Sarah went missing on the 3rd and he was arrested on the 9th. A rhetorical question, of course, but what the fxk is wrong with this man. My blood is boiling.

Sarah’s case isn’t the first and unfortunately will not be the last but I find it incredibly difficult to think or fathom how someone could do all of this to another human being? He treated her and disposed of her like she was trash, like it was nothing. Stomach churning.

Pretty meticulously planned then with all that paraphernalia.
Probably fantasizing about this for a while IMO.

Oh my god.. he must have subjected her to an incredibly violent attack to draw blood, given she died of strangulation. Poor girl. I feel sick

Rather depends how much blood was found-they only need small traces these days with DNA being so advanced. It is quite possible she had a nosebleed & bled on the car seat as one example for where violence wouldn't play a part.

The hire car that Couzens used to abduct Ms Everard had cleaned after it was returned and no evidence was found, Mr Little says.

Recovery of Sarah Everard’s mobile phone
On Thursday, Mar 18, a diving search team was tasked to search the flood relief channel connected to the River Stour, which runs alongside Fellowship Walk in Sandwich.

This is where Wayne Couzens had walked along the riverbank on the morning of Mar 4, hours after killing Sarah Everard.

A police officer entered the water and emerged five minutes later having found a silver iPhone The handset was forensically examined, and identified as Sarah Everard’s Apple iPhone.

The handset did not contain a SIM card.

The court has been told that Wayne Couzens burnt Sarah’s body in an old fridge, in woodlands in Kent.

In that fridge police recovered bones, hair, and parts of clothing including a bra.

Couzens then removed her remains from the fridge and dumped them in a pond.

https://twitter.com/mattuthompson/status/1443208656498085893?s=21

Sorry if I've missed it somewhere else. If her body was in that kind of state, I assume all they have is his comments to the psychiatrist that she died of strangulation?

The blood might have occurred during the rape.

Yes, that's very possible of course. For all we know Sarah could have even been menstruating and the blood wasn't a direct result of violence. I think I just hate being able to envisage the palpable movement of events - Sarah started on the back seat, at some point was in the front seat as well, and ended in the boot. God, I pray for the peace of Sarah, her family and WC's family. This is incomprehensibly painful.

Edit for typos, typos, typos - sorry, I'm on my phone and I've clumsy fingers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncleGrump