GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When pressed as to where Sarah by officers was he said repeatedly that he did not know.

The court heard that he said: “If I could do something to get her back at this minute I would."

The Old Bailey was also told that: "At the same time I’ll do it again if it means saving my family... these guys meant business."

This is in reference to what he claims was a south eastern European human trafficking gang which he said threatened his family.

When police officers recovered the body on March 10, a search of the area began with dog handlers.

Several dogs picked up the scent and drew attention to a small pond.

Initially only the handles of a green builders bag were visible above the surface of the water. Two of the dogs entered the water and indicated interest in the bag. The bag came loose from the floor of the pond and floated upwards and opened up.

An officer reported he could see what appeared to be the body in the bag.

Forensics officers attended and confirmed

She is believed to have been wearing a face mask at the time of her death, as archaeological reports determined.

She was idenitifed as Sarah Everard as a result of dental records.

Live updates as Wayne Couzens sentenced at Old Bailey for Sarah Everard's murder

Broadmoor for life.

If the alternative is a more lenient sentence and then be treated as a vulnerable prisoner .
I'm not an expert but , sex crime and being an ex cop I don't see him going in like everybody else .

His crime shows premeditation, planning & subterfuge-I don't see how he could be found insane. He fully intended to use his police badge to abduct, rape & murder a woman-it could have been any woman.

Wayne Couzens told psychiatrist he used belt to strangle Sarah Everard, court hears

Police searched Hoad's Wood in Kent and Sarah Everard's burnt remains were found in two builders' bags in a pond on 10 March, the court hears.

A pathologist concluded that Ms Everard's cause of death was "consistent with compression to the neck", the Old Bailey is told.

Prosecutor Tom Little QC says Couzens had told a psychiatrist he strangled Ms Everard with a belt.

"Given all the circumstances this would be consistent with his police belt," he added.

In the public gallery, friends and family of Ms Everard listened impassively to the evidence.
Wayne Couzens sentencing live: Sarah Everard's killer had dating profiles and carried handcuffs off-duty, court hears

Some of these details are making me feel unwell. @tedtink suggested the hairties might have been utilised if WC 'had trouble maintaining' - I hadn't considered that because it seems horrifically uncomfortable/borderline dangerous to me (I am not in possession of that particular genre of genitalia, so maybe I'm not the right person to guess) but after a cursory Google search, some people do indeed use hairties for that purpose. All I could come up with was that he might have a hairstyle preference of some sort when it came to sexual partners. Blech.

I don't know enough about trials - will we hear from witnesses in this case? I'd be curious to know if EC will speak, and potentially shed light on WC's sexual preferences/generally speak towards his character. I'd totally understand if she didn't, and I'm inclined to think she won't, but I'd be interested to know if that's on the cards.

This is all just making me feel a little nauseous, but I'm so glad some of the available information is coming to light. WC might want to keep Sarah's story to himself, but damned if we can't expose his depravity and pathetic character in the meantime. From a young woman to you, Wayne, you're a joke, and a truly feeble, deplorable one. I wish you a long life. Rot.

Edited to @tedtink as I couldn't remember who had suggested the hairtie/impotence connection previously

Last edited:
I really don't know. As soon as the link between her and that car was made, he was done. You'd have thought he'd rapidly have wanted to get her onto one of the side streets to limit the amount of dash cams etc the vehicle would be picked up on by the side of the main road.

with him being a Police Officer you would think it will not be that difficult him arresting SE being seen on a vehicle camera he would have known this surly or any other CCTV even if he was wearing a face covering he still would be identified and it makes you wonder was he just not bothered that he would be caught how did he ever think the arrest would not be seen by witnesses

Some of these details are making me feel unwell. Someone suggested the hairties might have been utilised if WC 'had trouble maintaining' - I hadn't considered that because it seems horrifically uncomfortable/borderline dangerous to me (I am not in possession of that particular genre of genitalia, so maybe I'm not the right person to guess) but after a cursory Google search, some people do indeed use hairties for that purpose. All I could come up with was that he might have a hairstyle preference of some sort when it came to sexual partners. Blech.

I don't know enough about trials - will we hear from witnesses in this case? I'd be curious to know if EC will speak, and potentially shed light on WC's sexual preferences/generally speaking towards his character. I'd totally understand if she didn't. This is all just making me feel a little nauseous, but I'm so glad some of the available information is coming to light. WC might want to keep Sarah's story to himself, but damned of we can't expose his depravity and pathetic character in the meantime.

Sorry it was me who suggested this - Not from personal experience, I'm female - But from clients I have counselled, I hasten to add!

Last edited:
with him being a Police Officer you would think it will not be that difficult him arresting SE being seen on a vehicle camera he would have known this surly or any other CCTV even if he was wearing a face covering he still would be identified and it makes you wonder was he just not bothered that he would be caught how did he ever think the arrest would not be seen by witnesses

On some level, he must have known this. But perhaps not suffering any consequences after being reported for exposing himself, had made him more confident that he wouldn’t be caught.

Of course, a murder is a different kettle of fish and will mean way more police attention than indecent exposure but the fact is, WC continued to enjoy a police career for years despite it being well-known he carried the work nickname “The Rapist.”

So I think some element of “I might be able to get away with this too” was in play.

Some of these details are making me feel unwell. Someone suggested the hairties might have been utilised if WC 'had trouble maintaining' - I hadn't considered that because it seems horrifically uncomfortable/borderline dangerous to me (I am not in possession of that particular genre of genitalia, so maybe I'm not the right person to guess) but after a cursory Google search, some people do indeed use hairties for that purpose. All I could come up with was that he might have a hairstyle preference of some sort when it came to sexual partners. Blech.

I don't know enough about trials - will we hear from witnesses in this case? I'd be curious to know if EC will speak, and potentially shed light on WC's sexual preferences/generally speak towards his character. I'd totally understand if she didn't, and I'm inclined to think she won't, but I'd be interested to know if that's on the cards.

This is all just making me feel a little nauseous, but I'm so glad some of the available information is coming to light. WC might want to keep Sarah's story to himself, but damned if we can't expose his depravity and pathetic character in the meantime. From a young woman to you, Wayne, you're a joke, and a truly feeble, deplorable one. I wish you a long life. Rot.
BBM
They won't call witnesses because it isn't a trial, since he's already pleaded guilty. The prosecuting barrister will tell the story as he has been doing.

His crime shows premeditation, planning & subterfuge-I don't see how he could be found insane. He fully intended to use his police badge to abduct, rape & murder a woman-it could have been any woman.

You and others are right .
I am probably too "desperate" for a somewhat satisfying outcome for this tragedy .
I will rightly take a step back on this , my apologies.

Confused about the scratches to his head - he cuffed Sarah initially. Why would he uncuff her at any point during the attack? Unless part of the fantasy was that he wanted her to try to fight back. Vile.

It said she was handcuffed to the rear of the vehicle so probably the handle above the door. So when he took her out of the car she was handcuffed but her arms were free, if that makes sense?

I too feel nauseous. The depravity of this man. It's just so disgusting. I need a shower or 70.

Wayne Couzens told psychiatrist he used belt to strangle Sarah Everard, court hears

Police searched Hoad's Wood in Kent and Sarah Everard's burnt remains were found in two builders' bags in a pond on 10 March, the court hears.

A pathologist concluded that Ms Everard's cause of death was "consistent with compression to the neck", the Old Bailey is told.

Prosecutor Tom Little QC says Couzens had told a psychiatrist he strangled Ms Everard with a belt.

"Given all the circumstances this would be consistent with his police belt," he added.

In the public gallery, friends and family of Ms Everard listened impassively to the evidence.
Wayne Couzens sentencing live: Sarah Everard's killer had dating profiles and carried handcuffs off-duty, court hears

Ugh. I keep thinking 'how can it get worse?' but this just keeps unfolding and unfolding like some horrible nightmare. His police belt. Fook.

Broadmoor for life.

If the alternative is a more lenient sentence and then be treated as a vulnerable prisoner .
I'm not an expert but , sex crime and being an ex cop I don't see him going in like everybody else .

No, I don't think so. I've worked at Broadmoor and imho (admittedly not having had any interaction with him) he doesn't belong there. I'm sure he'll need segregation though.

On a slightly different topic, I'm struck by how little he continues to cooperate. I thought the guilty plea might be a turning point, but there's a good deal the police still don't know, e.g. exactly when poor Sarah died, and lots of unaccounted for time. It makes me wonder all over again why he didn't decide to try his luck all the way to trial. For sure, what we're currently hearing isn't going to spare his children any distress, which you might think was his motivation, and I'm pretty certain it's not Sarah's family he was thinking of.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member