GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the following 35 minutes, he provided a lengthy (entirely false) factual explanation in response to the officers’ questions:

1. As to how this had come about: he had tried to “rip off” one of their call girls; he did not know who she was but he had booked her online
  2. How the gang made contact with him: he had not been in contact with the gang via mobile telephone; they had approached him when he attended another booking with a girl at the Burstin Hotel in Folkestone; thereafter, they would just turn up outside his address or follow him and signal at him to pull over; it had been “going on” for two to three weeks; that they had turned up in view of his home address on Monday and indicated he should drive; he went to Western Heights in Dover, where they put pressure on him and told him what he must do
  3. That he just “drove around aimlessly and at random” in order to find someone; • detailed descriptions of the vehicles and the two men involved, who were part of a South-Eastern European criminal / human trafficking gang (“they were definitely from Bulgaria, Romania, Albania kind of region”)
  4. The location where he had waited for the gang, and handed Sarah Everard over to them (a roundabout in the Maidstone / Lenham area, later described as just passed Tesco in Ashford; he then used a map application on DI Harvey’s telephone to identify a roundabout on the A252, near Sayer Road by Charing racecourse the fact that Sarah Everard was still alive when he did so, and he did not know what had happened to her thereafter; he suggested the officers should make enquiries “to find those guys” at the Burstin Hotel, the Holiday Inn inFolkestone and at Maidstone Services where there were “reams and reams of vans with Romanian, Bulgarian plates that look very, very, very similar to the van that turned up”
  5. The fact that he was off work “with stress” because he felt he needed to be present at home in order to protect his family; he asked a number of times what was going to happen his family if he was not there to protect them; and asserted that he had had “no choice” but to kidnap Sarah Everard and hand her over
Wayne Couzens provided the password for officers to access his phone, saying they would be able to identify the numbers he had called to book the call-girls.

When the handset was accessed and showed there were no call or message records, he said "everything’s going to be, a record in the SIM".

Subsequent forensic examination revealed that the device had been factory re-set shortly before police approached his family home.

Although it had been set up shortly thereafter using the simpsonbanditsfo@gmail.com Google account, other typical user data such as SMS messages, third party messaging chat (e.g. WhatsApp), photographs and videos were gone from the handset.

In addition the internet history was no longer in existence.

The factory reset was done deliberately by the defendant.

Sarah Everard murder: Wayne Couzens 'may have abused lockdown powers to arrest and kidnap victim'

His gang story is ludicrous and pathetic.

I believe Couzens felt emboldened by what he had got away with in the past. Rather than telling women not to go out at night or not to walk around London or whatever the hell nonsense people come up with, let’s focus on challenging and punishing male behaviour when it first starts to become seriously out of line, so that escalation of the type seen in this case and others is less likely to happen.

Before anyone points out women can be bad too, men can be victims — I know. I am talking about this kind of sex crime carried out by men on women that escalates to murder — frequently there are signs from offenders before they get to that stage. We find it acceptable to tell women in a modern, civilised democracy in 2021 that they might not be safe walking around our capital city. Something has to change. I remember as a teenage girl being given tips on keeping safe because men & boys thought women were “giving them signs” or “might want something we don’t.” No word on whether the boys & men had been told to moderate their own behaviour.

In the short term, police forces must urgently review their policies and procedures to avoid another Couzens.

Mr Little is talking about the moment Sarah's body was found. He said two sniffer dogs drew their handlers' attention to a small pond. They could see the handles of a builder's bag. It floated up to the surface and opened up. They saw the badly burnt body of a woman... (1/2)

https://twitter.com/totalcrime/status/1443204980748558338?s=21

It was in the "pugilistic pose" which is common with bodies which have been exposed to fire. (2/2)

https://twitter.com/totalcrime/status/1443205131517014017?s=21

Over the following 35 minutes, he provided a lengthy (entirely false) factual explanation in response to the officers’ questions:

1. As to how this had come about: he had tried to “rip off” one of their call girls; he did not know who she was but he had booked her online
  2. How the gang made contact with him: he had not been in contact with the gang via mobile telephone; they had approached him when he attended another booking with a girl at the Burstin Hotel in Folkestone; thereafter, they would just turn up outside his address or follow him and signal at him to pull over; it had been “going on” for two to three weeks; that they had turned up in view of his home address on Monday and indicated he should drive; he went to Western Heights in Dover, where they put pressure on him and told him what he must do
  3. That he just “drove around aimlessly and at random” in order to find someone; • detailed descriptions of the vehicles and the two men involved, who were part of a South-Eastern European criminal / human trafficking gang (“they were definitely from Bulgaria, Romania, Albania kind of region”)
  4. The location where he had waited for the gang, and handed Sarah Everard over to them (a roundabout in the Maidstone / Lenham area, later described as just passed Tesco in Ashford; he then used a map application on DI Harvey’s telephone to identify a roundabout on the A252, near Sayer Road by Charing racecourse the fact that Sarah Everard was still alive when he did so, and he did not know what had happened to her thereafter; he suggested the officers should make enquiries “to find those guys” at the Burstin Hotel, the Holiday Inn inFolkestone and at Maidstone Services where there were “reams and reams of vans with Romanian, Bulgarian plates that look very, very, very similar to the van that turned up”
  5. The fact that he was off work “with stress” because he felt he needed to be present at home in order to protect his family; he asked a number of times what was going to happen his family if he was not there to protect them; and asserted that he had had “no choice” but to kidnap Sarah Everard and hand her over
Wayne Couzens provided the password for officers to access his phone, saying they would be able to identify the numbers he had called to book the call-girls.

When the handset was accessed and showed there were no call or message records, he said "everything’s going to be, a record in the SIM".

Subsequent forensic examination revealed that the device had been factory re-set shortly before police approached his family home.

Although it had been set up shortly thereafter using the simpsonbanditsfo@gmail.com Google account, other typical user data such as SMS messages, third party messaging chat (e.g. WhatsApp), photographs and videos were gone from the handset.

In addition the internet history was no longer in existence.

The factory reset was done deliberately by the defendant.

Sarah Everard murder: Wayne Couzens 'may have abused lockdown powers to arrest and kidnap victim'

Setting the scene for 'paranoid delusions' here I think.

JMO.

Did he want to be caught or not? He was so incompetent after the fact, especially for a police officer. But then he has this pre-concocted ridiculous story.

Wayne Couzens sentencing live: Sarah Everard's killer had dating profiles and carried handcuffs off-duty, court hears

"Wayne Couzens told police he had "no choice" but to kidnap Sarah Everard for a human trafficking gang which had threatened his family, the court hears.

Asked by detectives in his home where Ms Everard was, Couzens repeatedly said he did not know and that "if I could do something to get her back right this minute, I would", but added: "I’ll do it again tomorrow if it meant saving my family... these guys meant business".

Couzens was taken to Wandsworth police station where he claimed scratch marks on his head were caused by his dog.

Police seized items from Couzens's home including a penis pump, a roll of adhesive film, a petrol can, boxes of latex gloves, a police badge and plastic cuffs."

Wayne Couzens told police he had 'no choice' but to kidnap Sarah Everard - as items recovered from his home are revealed

Wayne Couzens told police he had "no choice" but to kidnap Sarah Everard for a human trafficking gang which had threatened his family, the court hears.

Asked by detectives in his home where Ms Everard was, Couzens repeatedly said he did not know and that "if I could do something to get her back right this minute, I would", but added: "I’ll do it again tomorrow if it meant saving my family... these guys meant business".

Couzens was taken to Wandsworth police station where he claimed scratch marks on his head were caused by his dog.

Police seized items from Couzens's home including a penis pump, a roll of adhesive film, a petrol can, boxes of latex gloves, a police badge and plastic cuffs.

Wayne Couzens sentencing live: Sarah Everard's killer had dating profiles and carried handcuffs off-duty, court hears

"Wayne Couzens told police he had "no choice" but to kidnap Sarah Everard for a human trafficking gang which had threatened his family, the court hears.

Police seized items from Couzens's home including a penis pump, a roll of adhesive film, a petrol can, boxes of latex gloves, a police badge and plastic cuffs."

that list at the end... yuck

Mr Little is talking about the moment Sarah's body was found. He said two sniffer dogs drew their handlers' attention to a small pond. They could see the handles of a builder's bag. It floated up to the surface and opened up. They saw the badly burnt body of a woman... (1/2)

https://twitter.com/totalcrime/status/1443204980748558338?s=21

It was in the "pugilistic pose" which is common with bodies which have been exposed to fire. (2/2)

https://twitter.com/totalcrime/status/1443205131517014017?s=21

Ahh gosh, it's all just too sad.

Really?
Do you think he's criminally insane?
I don't, at this stage.

Life though, yes.

No I don't.
But I don't think he's mentally very healthy either , from the details that are coming out .
And I'm not "sponsoring" Broadmoor or any other such facilities .
My thought is that these places can actually be harder to be in for life , than a segregated cell in a prison where he will have to be protected from other inmates .

I know it's not right and the court have to rule on the facts, but then again what he did is almost indescribable.
There needs to be a way for the punishment to really fit the crime in this instance .
Nothing less will do.
I , for one , am hoping .

A very significant number of relevant exhibits were seized. Those that are most important are:

1. A roll of adhesive film that had been ordered on Feb 28, inside a cardboard box on the floor in the bedroom (opened and part-used)
  2. Beige-coloured hairbands and a penis pump from a storage unit in the bedroom
  3. Police kit bag containing a ballistic vest and other items. The contents included a leather handcuff pouch, two police shoulder numbers and one Civil Nuclear Constabulary uniform badges
  4. Green petrol can, identical in appearance to that purchased by Couzens on the morning of Mar 5 containing 4.4-4.5 litres of fuel, found in the garage
  5. Two opened boxes of off-white large latex gloves, from the workshop and garage respectively
  6. Pair of Quick Plasti Cuffs and pouch, found in the garage. The defendant did not use plastic cuffs as part of his role with the PaDP and would not have been trained in their use for that role, although the PaDP did share a locker and changing room with colleagues from the Metropolitan Police teams at Lillie Road, who did use plastic cuffs. Accordingly the defendant would have had access to them there. Plastic cuffs operate in a similar fashion to commercially available cable ties, save that they have a ‘handcuff key’ access to enable the user to release them once fastened.

Wayne Couzens told police he had 'no choice' but to kidnap Sarah Everard - as items recovered from his home are revealed

Wayne Couzens told police he had "no choice" but to kidnap Sarah Everard for a human trafficking gang which had threatened his family, the court hears.

Police seized items from Couzens's home including a penis pump, a roll of adhesive film, a petrol can, boxes of latex gloves, a police badge and plastic cuffs.

So erectile dysfunction IMO. Which may have added to his feelings of inadequacy.
I guess the hairband was used for what I mentioned up-thread.

JMO.

Killer's lies unravel
Couzens' account proved to be untrue.

No vehicles matching the ones the killer described could be found on the identified A252.

Investigations at the Holiday Inn and the Burstin Hotel in Folkestone showed no apparent record of him having attended.

Couzens was taken to a custody suite at Wandsworth Police Station, where his detention was authorised at approximately 11.40pm.

He was asked for but refused to provide intimate samples, saying this was on the advice of his solicitor.

He was examined by the custody nurse.

When asked how he had sustained visible scratch marks to his head, he said they were caused by his dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member