GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he lives to 100 as opposed to takes his own life, he will be spending the rest of his worthless life looking over his shoulder, living in constant fear of attack - police are right up there with paedophiles in terms of prisoner hatred. He will well and truly be a marked man in prison

The right sentence imo, and well compared to the Jo Cox case too. Interesting precedent set by the judge, which I believe is right as a young woman living in London I would be inclined to trust the police wholly (until now of course). RIP Sarah, I hope this makes it easier on your family.

WHOLE LIFE TARIFF
I cannot explain the relief at reading those three words. I physically punched the air upon reading them, sitting refreshing pages with baited breath. I sobbed past night for wonderful woman that was Sarah, and her incredible family. She will never be forgotten, her face radiates loveliness in all the photos I've seen, but him, I never want to look at him again, there could not be two more visceral polar opposites in emotion when I think of each one, the purest of good, and the purest of evil.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree it's annoying but it is a standard factor which goes on his side of the ledger. People plead guilty for these kinds of reasons so it can be raised at sentencing in mitigation.

Absolutely, it's his ONLY real mitigating factor and rightly had to be raised. It's the language counsel used in saying that he saved the family humiliation. Saved them more pain or trauma, yes. But humiliation is an insult

Wayne Couzens: Killer cop's QC believes he should NOT die behind bars because there are worse crimes | Daily Mail Online

Britain's most hated policeman Wayne Couzens was today jailed for the rest of his life with no chance of parole because he used his 'office and authority' to kidnap, rape and murder his victim Sarah Everard.

Lord Justice Fulford said Couzens, who looked at his feet and hands throughout today's Old Bailey hearing, was a 'warped' and 'self-pitying' killer who used his position as a Met Police officer to carry out one of the most shocking crimes in recent history.

Hope Sarah’s family can have a sense of justice now that evil man won’t ever pound the streets again.

I hope he never has a minute’s peace. He will always be looking over his shoulder where he’s going.

And may Sarah rest in eternal peace. ❣️

Wayne Couzens showed 'experienced behaviour' by snatching Sarah Everard | Daily Mail Online

"Criminologist Professor David Wilson told MailOnline: ‘I am absolutely convinced he is being looked at for other things. ‘Everything revealed yesterday suggests Couzens has behaved in this way before. ‘It suggests to me this wasn’t his first offence. Nobody moves into this type of behaviour overnight – they are a long time in the making. ‘Nothing would surprise me about Wayne Couzens and Wayne Couzens’ previous offending. ‘I would treat him in the same category as John Worboys – because of the circumstances of him using his occupation to target lone women. 'He was engaged in a lot of planning. One of the riskiest things was he drove her 80 miles with a handcuffed woman in the back of his car. ‘The fact he did suggests he thought he was safe and that must come from the fact he has done something similar in the past.

‘What was unusual – and suggests his experience – was his disposal of the body. ‘Burning someone’s remains is a good way to get rid of it. All of that suggests this is experienced behaviour.'"

I don't understand this, Mr J. A "lifetime criminal" can also be a family man.

I just think people are reading too much in to some standard sentencing language

Good character: no convictions, family, steady employment, references from colleagues/community leaders

Bad character: convictions, vices, evidence of dishonesty etc

The Justice wasn't saying he was a good person, but rather based on the evidence, he seems to tick the good character boxes until the flashing.

Again, I do not think it should matter whether a person is a “family man” with kids or a confirmed bachelor. I appreciate the picture that goes into a full character but kids shouldn’t be part of it. It is somewhat offensive to me that it holds any sway. People are welcome to disagree.

The children are innocent victims. I think they do have a right to be considered. Although my personal views are that they're better off without him, I don't have the right to say that because he's their daddy, and there are no accounts to say he had any intentions of direct harm towards them, quite the contrary.

What a relief.

I hope this brings some small comfort to Sarah’s family, never having to think about the possibility of parole.

Thank you to everyone who has provides the updates, often harrowing. It is a time consuming job as many of us know and is much appreciated.

RIP Sarah xx

Everard family reaction to sentence
As the judge passed sentence, Sarah's parents, Jeremy and Susan who were sitting together holding hands, looked at one another and briefly smiled.

Sitting close by was Met Commissioner, Dame Cressida Dick, who sat listening intently to Lord Justice Fulford's remarks.
(Source-Telegraph Updates)

Wayne Couzens showed 'experienced behaviour' by snatching Sarah Everard | Daily Mail Online

"Criminologist Professor David Wilson told MailOnline: ‘I am absolutely convinced he is being looked at for other things. ‘Everything revealed yesterday suggests Couzens has behaved in this way before. ‘It suggests to me this wasn’t his first offence. Nobody moves into this type of behaviour overnight – they are a long time in the making. ‘Nothing would surprise me about Wayne Couzens and Wayne Couzens’ previous offending. ‘I would treat him in the same category as John Worboys – because of the circumstances of him using his occupation to target lone women. 'He was engaged in a lot of planning. One of the riskiest things was he drove her 80 miles with a handcuffed woman in the back of his car. ‘The fact he did suggests he thought he was safe and that must come from the fact he has done something similar in the past.

‘What was unusual – and suggests his experience – was his disposal of the body. ‘Burning someone’s remains is a good way to get rid of it. All of that suggests this is experienced behaviour.'"
Spot on Professor Wilson

Thank goodness for that. The correct sentence. Won’t bring Sarah back but it is correct. I am sure this coward will appeal it.

If you think this case didn’t meet the whole life “criteria” — there are guidelines and starting points. There are no hard and fast rules. This case was so outrageous it had not been fully anticipated in the guidelines and starting points. What matters is the level of seriousness of the offence, many factors go into this. In the round, this is a very appropriate sentence.

Ah yes, interesting point. That would sway me a little on remorse. If he's remorseful, he will accept that it's been decided that is the appropriate justice. If he isn't, he'll appeal, STILL feeling self-pity

BIB

Ok the Daily Mail is being even sillier than usual.

Anyone who has been on WS for a while surely knows by now that burning is one of the dumbest ways to get rid of a body? It suggests an amateur who never did a murder before

Ah yes, interesting point. That would sway me a little on remorse. If he's remorseful, he will accept that it's been decided that is the appropriate justice. If he isn't, he'll appeal, STILL feeling self-pity

A really good point on remorse. If WC is genuinely sorry, then he will on reflection accept his punishment is appropriate given all the facts and not bother the legal system again, and keep quiet in prison so we never have to hear of him again until he dies…

We’ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member