GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without going into too much detail, an associate of mine is a former male stripper, and they use hair ties for... erm.... "enhancement" purposes

Maybe men with super small ones do this too - not just performers? I was so naïve when I read about the penis pump and hair ties - I just didn't get the hair ties inference. JMO MOO

This is what keeps me scratching my head. If the hair ties are used for you know what - does the person still have the urge to 'perform'? Or was he doing a side line for a certain type of video?

Oh this bloke I know just used to take his clothes off on stage in front of people who paid money to see them strip.... Think of The Full Monty but without the humour! To be honest it's the kind of thing I try not to dwell on, It's not my idea of a good night out

Surely the legal system doesn't work on Top Trumps. Rape and Murder etc should be sufficient enough to warrant a life sentence but then what a joke a life sentence is as its never for life. JMO MOO

It may not always be appropriate for a whole life tariff to apply in all cases of rape and murder. I know that sounds wrong and imbalanced, but the court must be open for assessments to be made. Excessive automatic sentencing may not produce better outcomes anyway and takes all discretion out of the court room.

I also certainly do not understand long and automatic sentencing, and in addition in the UK, for many offenders, the mandatory term of 30 years imposed for murder is effectively life imprisonment anyway. Society should reserve the whole life term for the very worst of the worst and it's not for everyone.

Can we make a law that two police officers are present when questioning on the street?

I understand why you would ask this. In reality it would not work. As an example I would be one of three officers on night duty in a busy suburban area on the outskirts of a large UK city. I would crew a marked car on my own based on seniority and experience. The double crewed marked car would arrest someone early on in the shift and then have to deal with the prisoner for a number of hours in the custody suite. I am then the only officer covering the area, I am now significantly more vulnerable as I have no back-up available if I'm doing my job and it gets a bit hairy, but there is still a job to be done and a community to protect. Would you rather that I return to the station and do paperwork?

I don't know of any officer who would want to single crew a car voluntarily.

Lots of serious questions need to be asked and things need to change of that I am certain but it's important to understand all the pro's and con's of such changes.

https://twitter.com/Fhamiltontimes/status/1443532753266515975

BREAKING Wayne Couzens sentenced to a rare, whole life order at the Old Bailey. He will never be released for the murder of Sarah Everard. He is the first police officer to receive this sentence
I'm glad that he will die in prison, and I'm happy that I don't have to think about him any more.
Rest easy Sarah, he can't hurt another woman and he won't be getting any hot chocolate and bakewell tarts in prison. Moo.

Another dishonest headline from the Daily Mail.
They have simply quoted from Mr Sturman's defence speech. It has no bearing on what he may personally believe.

Surely the legal system doesn't work on Top Trumps. Rape and Murder etc should be sufficient enough to warrant a life sentence but then what a joke a life sentence is as its never for life. JMO MOO
I'm sure you know that murder attracts a mandatory life sentence.
The variations in minimum terms concern the length of time that must be served before the offender is allowed to apply for parole. It is by no means automatic that parole will be granted.
Even when released on parole, an offender will be returned to prison if s/he offends again.

I'm glad that he will die in prison, and I'm happy that I don't have to think about him any more.
Rest easy Sarah, he can't hurt another woman and he won't be getting any hot chocolate and bakewell tarts in prison. Moo.

I would not be so sure about not getting hot chocolate and Bakewell tart in prison.

"I'm sure it said somewhere that before his arrest officers were outside his house for about two hours. Why did they wait so long? At this point there was a possibility Sarah was still alive somewhere. Surely every second could have been crucial in any attempt to find her[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I think they were probably keeping eyes on him while they awaited the proper permissions and resources to enter his home and conduct an urgent interview

Last edited:
Can we make a law that two police officers are present when questioning on the street?
Good idea although there are already provisions in PACE (police and criminal evidence) statute and guidance about the number of officers on arrest. I think if he had stopped a lawyer instead he might have found it harder to arrest that person off the street, alone and in an unmarked police car while not in police uniform, but many people do not know their rights on arrest, what they should expect and the protections already contained in law. I read PACE with interest myself and would recommend it to all.

Two officers could also operate together corruptly. Resources may also make a law such as you propose hard to action.

I was kidnapped off the street when I was 16, I was driven 20 minutes away. That was excruciatingly long, thinking about all the things that could happen when we arrived. 80 miles to me is unthinkable. The horror I endured during 20 minutes, I cant even put into words. So for me I know on some level how Sarah felt but 80 miles of thinking that is sickening.

I'm so sorry, Amy. That must have been petrifying and I hope your kidnapper got their comeuppance. So much love to you.

I was kidnapped off the street when I was 16, I was driven 20 minutes away. That was excruciatingly long, thinking about all the things that could happen when we arrived. 80 miles to me is unthinkable. The horror I endured during 20 minutes, I cant even put into words. So for me I know on some level how Sarah felt but 80 miles of thinking that is sickening.

That must have been a very scary situation for you

Re an appeal, IMO the police will be flat out now looking for other crimes to be able to convict him before any appeal can happen. They probably may already have things held back as they knew they needed to get the SE one done first.

If the criminologists are saying that there is a high chance he has committed other similar crimes, then makes sense they would have started investigating all and any possibilities. I hope they go back over all his hire cars and how many miles they did, plus if he has had multiple ferry crossing from Dover - given how quickly he had the prostitute/gang kidnap story ready and was confident to drive so far with a woman handcuffed and visible in his car who knows what else they might find he has done! He could have easily shown his badge and passport and never been at risk of having his vehicle/boot checked at any ports or crossing.

Horrible as it is, if they find more crimes then at least he will remain locked up despite how many appeals he tries.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly on reading that.

"‘What was unusual – and suggests his experience – was his disposal of the body. ‘Burning someone’s remains is a good way to get rid of it. All of that suggests this is experienced behaviour.'"

Absolute nonsense. It's impossible to destroy a body by burning without access to special facilities.

I feel this is taken out of context and Prof Wilson may have qualified it, which the DM didn't report. In terms of destroying forensic evidence it is viable, hence why vehicles used in crime are often set on fire.

The fact that there was evidence from CCTV, ANPR, WC's movements, WC's locker, house search, internet purchases, store purchases, the timeline, communications data, the vehicles, Sarah's phone, recovery and eye-witnesses somewhat undermined that there may have been no forensic evidence on Sarah's body to link directly to the Evil Lifer.

Re an appeal, IMO the police will be flat out now looking for other crimes to be able to convict him before any appeal can happen. They probably may already have things held back as they knew they needed to get the SE one done first.

If the criminologists are saying that there is a high chance he has committed other similar crimes, then makes sense they would have started investigating all and any possibilities. I hope they go back over all his hire cars and how many miles they did, plus if he has had multiple ferry crossing from Dover - given how quickly he had the prostitute/gang kidnap story ready and was confident to drive so far with a woman handcuffed and visible in his car who knows what else they might find he had done! He could have easily shown his badge and passport and never been at risk of having his vehicle/boot checked at any ports or crossing.

Horrible as it is, if they find more crimes then at least he will remain locked up despite how many appeals he tries.

He only has a limited time to appeal (unless extended) and may only appeal against his sentence rather than conviction. I think an appeal would be good for *us* and not him since it would likely embed a precedent. It is valuable for us, not him, the next time a police officer murders someone.

I wondered this too, as I have wondered what I'd have done in this situation. If a lone male officer in an unmarked car wanted to handcuff me, when I hadn't committed a violent crime, I would think I'd have resisted that - but surely at this stage he is so set on his pursuit, that he would have used force to get her into the car?

(btw I am not victim blaming in saying I would have tried to resist - I am always very dubious/untrusting nature, while Sarah quite rightly trusted an official police officer's word. But just speculating on how things would have gone down if she had tried to resist - I think he'd have used force anyway).

I see what your saying he probably did have a back up plan if she had resisted she probably has never been in trouble with the law before so this arrest would have been a shock to her and once she seen his warrant card had no reason to question it and probably thought it was better to question the arrest at the station the cold and wickedness of all this she had no idea this was soon to turned into a kidnapping

His story around the gang was also just plain bad. There was going to be no supporting phone, text, other messaging evidence or video that he was going to be able to conjure up based off the fact it simply doesn't exist, and he must have known that.

Yep, always strange when these scumbags prep in advance, prowl the streets for their poor victims and kill them, then come up with the most outlandish stories.
It’s like their urge to rape and kill take over everything in their head.

I’ve read online that he’ll be housed securely with other inmates of the same ilk. Absolute despicable human he is.

I cannot imagine what Sarah’s family and boyfriend have had to go through. Poor people. Poor Sarah just walking home innocently. This makes my heart heavy thinking about what she went through :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay