UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume she would have been on the left hand side of the road (so cars coming up behind her)...but that’s only my assumption based off the fact I’ve walked that route before and would make the most sense in terms of crossing roads etc.

i was looking for the ring doorbell that spotted her. or camera.

if she was walking on the left side of road its interesting they are looking/searching places on the right side. maybe thats the side she walked on, hence looking for ring doorbells. not really that relevant as last street view was oct 20...some houses may have installed since then

I might need to take some AL I can't keep up!

I'm leaning towards that she was walking on the right side of the road due to the fact she was spotted on doorbell footage. It's less likely that motion detection would pick her up if she was walking on the other side as the houses are on the right. And as you say police are searching areas on the right.

That speculated I find it odd that she would be walking on the right-side given her suggested route which would be headed left at the top.

She is however walking on the correct side of the road if she was planning to be picked up by car.... EDIT: by someone coming from Brixton Hill direction...

Last edited:
I think the "arms-length" notification of Law Enforcement is of some concern. Typically, LE exhaustively examines the person who reports someone missing, as well as the person(s) in the last confirmed sighting.

In more than one awful crime, a BF has made an "arms-length" LE notification so as to avoid the scrutiny. As I understand, the BF is also reported as the last phone message. I don't like the way this has played out for Sarah and I think the BF knows her routine pretty well and find it very concerning that the LE notification was delayed until almost 24 hours after disappearance.

Thing is the BF was on the phone to her right up until she went missing, which means the Police will know where he was or travelling during that period. I assume his movements and location do not suggest anything or they'd likely have got a warrant to search his home.

Officers earlier recovered a cream bobble hat from a tree on Clapham Common, which is different in description to the white beanie Sarah was wearing when she vanished.

But police said at the moment they "cannot rule out any possibility" it could be linked to the case and are making further checks.

Cops warn ‘don't go out alone’ after Sarah Everard vanishes off London street

I think the latest police statement is pointing to a random attack . Im glad they've issued this warning. I'm sure women from the area will already be cautious but this will hopefully prevent a further attack.

They have searched around the location extensively today.

And please tell me they opened the unused maintenance buildings and THOROUGHLY searched them, like even in the rafters.

How many times have we heard of a deceased person overlooked in an outbuilding of some sort that everyone assumed had been searched?

Officers earlier recovered a cream bobble hat from a tree on Clapham Common, which is different in description to the white beanie Sarah was wearing when she vanished.

But police said at the moment they "cannot rule out any possibility" it could be linked to the case and are making further checks.

Cops warn ‘don't go out alone’ after Sarah Everard vanishes off London street
Not meant for you personally but
articles like this really annoy me.
Some of the local residents are quoted as saying that Police have 'told' them to be more vigilant, but the Police haven't, as far as I can see put out a warning to say "Don't go out alone".
Talk about spreading fear!

...walking on the correct side of the road if she was planning to be picked up by car....

In the UK they drive on the left hand side, so actually she is walking against the traffic if walking on the right hand side, which leads in the opposite direction of her home. It's possible she felt more comfortable here as it avoids walking beside Clapham Park Estate. She may have been spotted on the doorbell CCTV on the left hand side of the road, we aren't sure yet.

I think the latest police statement is pointing to a random attack . Im glad they've issued this warning. I'm sure women from the area will already be cautious but this will hopefully prevent a further attack.

As someone who lives north of the river from Battersea/Clapham, I can tell you that it's not just women in the local area who are cautious. I've changed my own routine today, I usually shop for groceries after work when it's dark but this time I'm going during working hours just because I don't want to be walking out alone at night, despite the fact that when I do go out alone, I always tell my fiance who lives with me where I'm going. I just don't feel safe enough anymore and neither do my friends who live in different parts of London.

Snipped for link.

This really p!sses me off. Women don't go out alone because it will be your fault if you go missing is the gist. Women should be able to go out alone. They should be able to go out at 3am, semi naked, drunk and not get attacked. The fault lays with the perpetrator....how about we start telling men* not to attack lone women!!

I can tell you to not ingest cyanide but if you're that way inclined you are going to do so irrespective of being told not to. It's the same as locking your doors - You shouldn't have to but you do.

I might need to take some AL I can't keep up!

I'm leaning towards that she was walking on the right side of the road due to the fact she was spotted on doorbell footage. It's less likely that motion detection would pick her up if she was walking on the other side as the houses are on the right. And as you say police are searching areas on the right.

That speculated I find it odd that she would be walking on the right-side given her suggested route which would be headed left at the top.

She is however walking on the correct side of the road if she was planning to be picked up by car....

Oh, I agree. The shortest route to her apparent destination would clearly be on the north side of the road. Yet it looks like all the places with door cameras would be on the south side. Unless, of course, she felt there was something malevolent on the north side of the street that kept her closer to homes, rather than the estates or commercial buildings there.

Snipped for link.

This really p!sses me off. Women don't go out alone because it will be your fault if you go missing is the gist. Women should be able to go out alone. They should be able to go out at 3am, semi naked, drunk and not get attacked. The fault lays with the perpetrator....how about we start telling men* not to attack lone women!!

That's The Sun for you!

The police seem to be doing a very thorough search of that tiny pond in Agnes Riley Gardens. I'm leaning on her having not been seen on CCTV on further up any of the junctions on her way home, hence why they are focusing on this area.

As mentioned in a previous comment I’m from a different part of south London and Sarah’s disappearance has being playing on my mind heavily.
I’m not sure if anyone remembers the case of Rochelle Holness but I haven’t been able to get her out of my mind since hearing of Sarah’s disappearance. It could just be the fact at the time of both going missing I’ve been a similar age & they’ve both been fairly local so I’ve been able to relate to them personally but it’s evidence that you can do something or go somewhere 1000 times & be fine all it takes is that 1 time coming across a psycho for things to change so horribly :(

Rochelle killer jailed for life

A hat found on Clapham Common similar to the one Sarah Everard was wearing when she was last seen on Wednesday evening is not believed to be linked to her disappearance.

The cream wool hat, discovered in a bush by a passer-by at about 11am on Monday, appeared to be similar to the one worn by the 33-year-old in CCTV footage released by detectives in a public appeal.

However the Metropolitan Police later said it did not believe it was linked to missing Ms Everard, who was last seen near the common in south London.

https://news.sky.com/story/police-d...st-sighting-of-missing-sarah-everard-12239114

As a newb, I feel like any mention of my opinions of other people (friends/boyfriends) will get me a TOS slap on the wrist, but let's just say that I would definitely be a pain in the butt for anyone insisting on walking home at night, at the very least making sure to ask if their battery was charged before leaving and asking them to text when home ok. Silence after any amount of time = there's a problem (in my world anyway).
Snipped for link.

This really p!sses me off. Women don't go out alone because it will be your fault if you go missing is the gist. Women should be able to go out alone. They should be able to go out at 3am, semi naked, drunk and not get attacked. The fault lays with the perpetrator....how about
Snipped for link.

The police seem to be doing a very thorough search of that tiny pond in Agnes Riley Gardens. I'm leaning on her having not been seen on CCTV on further up any of the junctions on her way home, hence why they are focusing on this area.

Some thoughts on the hat (JMO)

Looking at the CCTV image I originally thought it's definitely not the same hat. Looking at it again, could the bobble be at the front, slightly left of middle with the peak of the hat falling forwards? There is a slightly blurrier area there that could be a bobble. I originally did not see this at all. Is it possible that Sarah's hat was referred to as a beanie because that's what it appears to be in the CCTV image. Looking at it with the bobble hat in mind, you can see how the peak might curl around (see back right) to fall forward, pointing in the direction of the bottom left diagonal of the hat. Can anyone else see that?

I still think these people are of interest, if only for the police to speak to them and ask if anything unusual was going on on either side of the road up or down the street. Maybe they already have. Time-wise it co-incides fairly well from her last announced position.

Attachments

• 2021-03-03-21_30GMT.jpg
    2021-03-03-21_30GMT.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 216
  • 2021-03-03-21_42GMT.jpg
    2021-03-03-21_42GMT.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 201
LAST SIGHTING
Police reveal fresh CCTV images of Sarah on the journey.

It shows her at the junction of Poynders Road and Cavendish Road at around 9.30pm, heading in the direction of Tulse Hill.

Sarah can be seen on the phone in the image but it is not clear if she is still chatting to her boyfriend or someone else.

She has not been seen since.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/14270560/sarah-everard-missing-clues-disappearance-clapham/

Thought bf WAS last person she spoke to? But presumably they have not been able to obtain phone records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth