UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped for link.

This really p!sses me off. Women don't go out alone because it will be your fault if you go missing is the gist. Women should be able to go out alone. They should be able to go out at 3am, semi naked, drunk and not get attacked. The fault lays with the perpetrator....how about we start telling men* not to attack lone women!!

I totally agree with what you are saying. Women aren't the issue its a certain type of man that is but sadly as a women we are much more vulnerable to attacks. My partner laughed at me a few months ago when I refused to go the shop in the dark ( it wasn't even that late) . He just couldnt understand why I would feel vulnerable because he's never had to worry about going out in the dark. It's a sad horrible world we live in. I really think the justice system needs to be much harsher on sexually motivated attacks. It destroys a victims life yet the sentences don't reflect this.

This warning about women not to venture out in the evening brings to mind the Netflix documentary on the Yorkshire Ripper. At that time women were actually subject to some kind of night time curfew to “protect them”.
This provoked understandable anger at the time and produced one suggestion that it should be men, the perpetrators, who should be subject to the curfew.

LAST SIGHTING
Police reveal fresh CCTV images of Sarah on the journey.

It shows her at the junction of Poynders Road and Cavendish Road at around 9.30pm, heading in the direction of Tulse Hill.

Sarah can be seen on the phone in the image but it is not clear if she is still chatting to her boyfriend or someone else.

She has not been seen since.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/14270560/sarah-everard-missing-clues-disappearance-clapham/

Thought bf WAS last person she spoke to? But presumably they have not been able to obtain phone records.
as far as i can see there are no "fresh" images in this article at all.

That Poynder's Parade area gives me the creeps just looking at it on the map.

LE seems to be more concerned about the areas on the south side of the street, where Agnes Riley park is, rather than the north side, where Poynder's Parade and that hidden little park behind it is.

Seems like they're thinking she disappeared from the south side of the street where she was walking, near AG park, rather than being dragged across Poynder St to the north side.

LAST SIGHTING

It shows her at the junction of Poynders Road and Cavendish Road at around 9.30pm, heading in the direction of Tulse Hill.

Sarah can be seen on the phone in the image but it is not clear if she is still chatting to her boyfriend or someone else.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/14270560/sarah-everard-missing-clues-disappearance-clapham/

Thought bf WAS last person she spoke to? But presumably they have not been able to obtain phone records.
Is that not the image of her going in to Sainsbury's earlier in the evening? I may be wrong but think it is...

LAST SIGHTING

I think it's likely the Sun don't know. Police will have had no problem getting a warrant given the situation.

I still think these people are of interest, if only for the police to speak to them and ask if anything unusual was going on on either side of the road up or down the street. Maybe they already have. Time-wise it co-incides fairly well from her last announced position.

That second image... two people... with a dog do you think? Wonder why police have not put out these images, like they did in the Libby Squire case.

That second image... two people... with a dog do you think? Wonder why police have not put out these images, like they did in the Libby Squire case.

These are snippets from 5 minutes apart and in both there are people. You'd come into frame and leave within 30 seconds - Foot traffic will be a lot higher than the snippets we have and I expect a few people pass that we don't see.

I might need to take some AL I can't keep up!

I'm leaning towards that she was walking on the right side of the road due to the fact she was spotted on doorbell footage. It's less likely that motion detection would pick her up if she was walking on the other side as the houses are on the right. And as you say police are searching areas on the right.

That speculated I find it odd that she would be walking on the right-side given her suggested route which would be headed left at the top.

She is however walking on the correct side of the road if she was planning to be picked up by car....

Or avoiding the Clapham Park Estate...

LAST SIGHTING

I thought that image was of her walking into the shop? not the one at 9.30pm

Just going back to the traffic cameras and I know we have already talked about this a lot - there are a lot of stills on the Brixton Hill/Lambert Road one that are greyed out after 9.30pm on wed 3rd, then in the early hours of thurs 4th, then on and off during the day on the 4th until about 8.30pm then into the late hours of the 4th! That must be relevant? Ie vehicle movements in that area? I am going to go back over the archives to look at cameras going off in different directions to see if any further greyed out stills are relevant time wise

As someone who lives north of the river from Battersea/Clapham, I can tell you that it's not just women in the local area who are cautious. I've changed my own routine today, I usually shop for groceries after work when it's dark but this time I'm going during working hours just because I don't want to be walking out alone at night, despite the fact that when I do go out alone, I always tell my fiance who lives with me where I'm going. I just don't feel safe enough anymore and neither do my friends who live in different parts of London.
It's awful that you're having to do this but sadly this seems to be the reality that we have to face if we are going to keep safe. Most police and safety organisations recommend - and have been recommending for many years -that both men and women carry alarms if they have to be out alone at night.

I still think these people are of interest, if only for the police to speak to them and ask if anything unusual was going on on either side of the road up or down the street. Maybe they already have. Time-wise it co-incides fairly well from her last announced position.
If she was last seen before Clarence Avenue then I’d say those people are too close to Kings Avenue to have seen anything, to me it looks like one person and a dog walking up towards the bus stop then the next one is 2 people and a dog walking back down away from the bus stop so maybe just someone meeting someone else off the bus and they don’t actually walk further up the street.. if that’s the case I don’t think they would have seen her.

It's awful that you're having to do this but sadly this seems to be the reality that we have to face if we are going to keep safe. Most police and safety organisations recommend - and have been recommending for many years -that both men and women carry alarms if they have to be out alone at night.
I have never heard about it. I might look into some kind of alarms. Thanks for that

LE had mentioned they were looking for the 2 people on the CCTV:

One is walking a moderate size dog that looks black and white

The other is carrying a white bag, possibly a white plastic grocery bag, but they also mentioned a white satchel

My guess is that these people have already been in contact with and interviewed by LE so there is no need to further ask for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member