UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This comes up on pretty much every missing person thread and the answer I think is both simple and complicated.

Everyone's lives and ways of interacting are different and whilst it's easy to use hindsight it would be extremely unusal for anyone'e first thought on not hearing from someone to be that they'd be kidnapped/murdered etc. You'd think phone problems, overslept, forgot first IMO, you don't ring the police because you think you're overreacting, you'd be embarrassed to be wrong, maybe they had a fight on the phone there could be many reasons. Of course you try friends and family first and over a course of time you exhaust all the mundane options before raising a formal alarm

JMO

And you don't have to wait for 24 hours btw, just in case you are ever in that situation
Completely agree. Also just because I would or wouldn't do something, doesn't mean that everyone would act in the same way... it's so hard to try and determine others' actions by basing it on one's own life. It certainly doesn't sound as if SE had planned to text anyone that she had got home safely which, perhaps, is a good takeaway for us all in future...

I know it's probably nothing but it's the first time i've seen anything green or turquoise in any of these stills. Coldharbour Lane around 22:25, and the person looks too tall tbh.

Map screengrabbed to show location and area.
She's reported to be quite small and this looks like adult male size, likely more than 5'8" to me.

This comes up on pretty much every missing person thread and the answer I think is both simple and complicated.

Everyone's lives and ways of interacting are different and whilst it's easy to use hindsight it would be extremely unusal for anyone'e first thought on not hearing from someone to be that they'd be kidnapped/murdered etc. You'd think phone problems, overslept, forgot first IMO, you don't ring the police because you think you're overreacting, you'd be embarrassed to be wrong, maybe they had a fight on the phone there could be many reasons. Of course you try friends and family first and over a course of time you exhaust all the mundane options before raising a formal alarm

JMO

And you don't have to wait for 24 hours btw, just in case you are ever in that situation
Completely agree. Also just because I would or wouldn't do something, doesn't mean that everyone would act in the same way... it's so hard to try and determine others' actions by basing it on one's own life. It certainly doesn't sound as if SE had planned to text anyone that she had got home safely which, perhaps, is a good takeaway for us all in future...

I still believe the hat could be Sarah's . I always find it fascinating how we all see different things, it happens alot on here. Without knowing the height of the officer collecting the hat I cant determine the cuff size. Also the cctv is at an above angle which also makes it hard to determine size. We know Sarah is 5.4ft and that's about it. Coukd the fact that she has her hair down make the hat appear thicker? Just my thoughts and I'm no way saying I'm right.

Fair points and is a good example of what makes this a community I admire (the circumstances for it very much aside of course).

After that tweet there were about 24 people urging the poster to contact the police. She made no response to this though she has posted and liked on different topics not related to SE since. It’s a bit odd.
how does one find this tweet?

As a newb, I feel like any mention of my opinions of other people (friends/boyfriends) will get me a TOS slap on the wrist, but let's just say that I would definitely be a pain in the butt for anyone insisting on walking home at night, at the very least making sure to ask if their battery was charged before leaving and asking them to text when home ok. Silence after any amount of time = there's a problem (in my world anyway).

Although I find London pretty safe overall I would never walk alone after dark and if a friend of mine was insisting on walking alone at that time and not getting a cab I would insist on her sending me a text when she got home safe otherwise I wouldnt be able to sleep that night! but that's just me.

There's pictures of Agnes Riley Gardens being searched (next to Clarence Avenue, where phone signal was lost) here: Police divers and sniffer dogs search Clapham ponds in hunt for Sarah Everard

There's also a sheltered bin store on the opposite side of the road - wonder if they have been searched.
See this is the area that worries me most, it’s right after she was last seen on the door bell cam and she’s not picked up on CCTV after the park.. I think to be picked up on the door bell cam then she has to be on this side of the road...

See this is the area that worries me most, it’s right after she was last seen on the door bell cam and she’s not picked up on CCTV after the park.. I think to be picked up on the door bell cam then she has to be on this side of the road...
They have searched around the location extensively today.

Attachments

• F6605E2B-C2C1-4D15-967D-BB4D07F7E68D.jpeg
    F6605E2B-C2C1-4D15-967D-BB4D07F7E68D.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 67
One question that's roused me has also been, why did the boyfriend wait until 8pm to raise the alarm? Perhaps this is just when the formal missing persons enquiry was reported, but I find it odd that having spoken on the phone with him, jovially as the reports suggest, he would not be concerned when she failed to either call or message him when she got home, nor up to 8pm on Thursday 4th March. Possibly I'm being overly cynical and the 'formal' alarm can only be raised 24hrs after the person was last seen, but it just struck me as odd

I think the "arms-length" notification of Law Enforcement is of some concern. Typically, LE exhaustively examines the person who reports someone missing, as well as the person(s) in the last confirmed sighting.

In more than one awful crime, a BF has made an "arms-length" LE notification so as to avoid the scrutiny. As I understand, the BF is also reported as the last phone message. I don't like the way this has played out for Sarah and I think the BF knows her routine pretty well and find it very concerning that the LE notification was delayed until almost 24 hours after disappearance.

I dont think we should put too much emphasis on the hat being found on top of the Bush. If a member of the public found it in the bush for example, they may have placed the hat on the Bush to avoid further contamination . Thanks to the wonderful forensics we have these days we will know if the hats Sarahs by tomorrow. Thinking of Sarah's love ones , life is hard for everyone at the moment I can't imagine how they must be feeling right now .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove