UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been keeping an eye on things as I'm local to the area and hoping Sarah turns up OK. Just saw the hat finding and can't believe how bizarre it would be that it wasn't spotted. I do my daily exercise everyday round the common and there have been teams every single day, as well as by the looks of it volunteers. There are photos everywhere, and the common was packed all weekend. Even if a good samaritan had stopped to pick it up, I would be shocked that it hadn't already been found. The bush isn't exactly thick, and there were dogs on there were there not?

Who actually reported Sarah missing? was she due in work the next day? what time was she supposed to be meeting her boyfriend,? if not due in work ,was she next due to meet boyfriend and didnt turn up? cant find this from the thread or news articles

I know it's probably nothing but it's the first time i've seen anything green or turquoise in any of these stills. Coldharbour Lane around 22:25, and the person looks too tall tbh.

Map screengrabbed to show location and area.
You are doing a fine job plugging away.
I think it’s someone else. On a bike perhaps as it looks like it’s in the road?

Yes. It's possible someone who lives nearby, who possibly lured her towards a building, has planted that there. How would a hat end up that high naturally? A scuffle? We can't seem to agree here if it is or isn't her hat though.

extremely risky and reckless of a perp to do that imo

Who actually reported Sarah missing? was she due in work the next day? what time was she supposed to be meeting her boyfriend,? if not due in work ,was she next due to meet boyfriend and didnt turn up? cant find this from the thread or news articles

The answers and discussion of these points are all covered in thread 1.

Boyfriend reported her missing to friends - we presume when she was due to meet him Thursday evening. Friends then reported her missing to the police. 8pm on Thursday (the day after she vanished).

Surely if the hat has been lying somewhere for that long then it would be much more dirty/muddy than the one shown in the screenshot? It could be that it was discovered by a member of the public and put somewhere more visible for whoever had dropped it, in case they come back looking for it.

One question that's roused me has also been, why did the boyfriend wait until 8pm to raise the alarm? Perhaps this is just when the formal missing persons enquiry was reported, but I find it odd that having spoken on the phone with him, jovially as the reports suggest, he would not be concerned when she failed to either call or message him when she got home, nor up to 8pm on Thursday 4th March. Possibly I'm being overly cynical and the 'formal' alarm can only be raised 24hrs after the person was last seen, but it just struck me as odd

Apologies if I'm confusing you with another poster but I think someone already advised you to read the posts to date to find out everything (and it's not much for definite) that is known. Honestly, that is by far the best way to keep up and make sure you haven't missed anything

well it is very hard to keep up with the pace of how much everyone is posting tbh

One question that's roused me has also been, why did the boyfriend wait until 8pm to raise the alarm? Perhaps this is just when the formal missing persons enquiry was reported, but I find it odd that having spoken on the phone with him, jovially as the reports suggest, he would not be concerned when she failed to either call or message him when she got home, nor up to 8pm on Thursday 4th March. Possibly I'm being overly cynical and the 'formal' alarm can only be raised 24hrs after the person was last seen, but it just struck me as odd

I would guess you would spent some time phoning round friends etc to see if anyone else has heard before you call police but yes 4 hours seems a lot to me.

You are doing a fine job plugging away.
I think it’s someone else. On a bike perhaps as it looks like it’s in the road?

this is why it's so helpful to have others point out my brain freeze. looks like the screen grab (the still image) has captured an awkward image/angle/moment of someone on a bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove