UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the hat is concluded to be SE’s through friends confining and/or DNA analysis then my money would similarly be on the perp returning overnight or even this morning to place that there. Which is a whole new level of “complex”. I can’t fathom it hasn’t been spotted before now if it’s been there since Wednesday/Thursday, right next to that pathway.

Yes. It's possible someone who lives nearby, who possibly lured her towards a building, has planted that there. How would a hat end up that high naturally? A scuffle? We can't seem to agree here if it is or isn't her hat though.

Last edited:
I don't claim to be that knowledgeable on searches - But it's in a bush right next to a path in an area they've been searching extensively for days. Seems strange this was not found earlier or by someone walking past spotting it?

Just an idea but could she have dropped the hat accidently while walking through the common and then turned back to go and find it? Do we know if the hat was found close to where she would have been walking through the common? A passerby may have found it and put it on top of the bush to make it more visible for the owner to find?
good point

Yes. It's possible someone who lives nearby, who possibly lured her towards a building, has planted that there. How would a hat end up that high naturally? A scuffle?
Like someone has just mentioned, this is a common sight in parks where people drop their clothing items , then good Samaritans put the item more in the line of sight. And to keep it from being trampled on.

Most likely a different hat I think. Recently dropped and someone has put it in the bush.

They have! Remember, the police don't report on everything they're doing to the public. They release very little. Everything they can do, they will have done.

We know the phone was turned off or 'went dark' very near, or on, Poynders Road, after a phonecall between Sarah and her boyfriend at approx. 21.28hrs.

Do we even know that much? As far as I can see the police have said very little about the phone activity, apart from a rough positioning

Hope SE found safe ..been reading this thread .
imo..Is a chance found hat is not hers , but been put there with some sick distraction intent , or just lost by someone else ..just now who knows I guess.

Regarding two photos attached here ...are perhaps showing very similar , but different leggings..?
imo..Crouched down photo leggings mostly black with bit of white..but CCTV photo bit more white and less black ..?
Hard to tell for sure with poor quality of CCTV pic .
Well spotted. They are different pattern IMO

At first glance it doesn’t look like the same hat to me. SEs looks like a thick knit, whilst this looks like a soft cashmere. SEs also looks to have a really thick band. On a screenshotted still from the video, it looks as though the band on this one is unfurled but much thinner.

As for the bobble, I’m undecided. It could certainly be hidden on the cctv as @Vera_dci described.

Strange that such a similar hat would be found in such an obvious place after so many days have passed though.

Attachments

• 6AAC2A69-A123-4364-8771-1FDF038ECA9F.jpeg
    6AAC2A69-A123-4364-8771-1FDF038ECA9F.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 87
Just an idea but could she have dropped the hat accidently while walking through the common and then turned back to go and find it? Do we know if the hat was found close to where she would have been walking through the common? A passerby may have found it and put it on top of the bush to make it more visible for the owner to find?

Police may possibly know if the later doorbell footage showed her full-length, if she was wearing it then.

Could she even have realised after the call, that she had lost the hat and doubled back to the Common to look for it? Unlikely probably, but...

Do we even know that much? As far as I can see the police have said very little about the phone activity, apart from a rough positioning

There is no trace on the location of the phone beyond Clarence Avenue area (which doesn't necessarily mean on Clarence Avenue itself). I don't know much about the tech but I assume that no trace can then be assumed to have specific causes.

The police have said very little full stop.

most of what is discussed here is from media- police are tight lipped. No new updates via appeals or social media.

I know it's probably nothing but it's the first time i've seen anything green or turquoise in any of these stills. Coldharbour Lane around 22:25, and the person looks too tall tbh.

Map screengrabbed to show location and area.

Attachments

• 2021-03-03@22_24GMT.jpeg
    2021-03-03@22_24GMT.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 287
  • Screenshot 2021-03-08 at 15.02.57.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-08 at 15.02.57.png
    922.2 KB · Views: 233
Hope SE found safe ..been reading this thread .
imo..Is a chance found hat is not hers , but been put there with some sick distraction intent , or just lost by someone else ..just now who knows I guess.

Regarding two photos attached here ...are perhaps showing very similar , but different leggings..?
imo..Crouched down photo leggings mostly black with bit of white..but CCTV photo bit more white and less black ..?
Hard to tell for sure with poor quality of CCTV pic .
Hi. They are the same trousers, must just look different in CCTV. As the met police released these images of the clothing she was wearing - which matches the day time photo. upload_2021-3-8_15-3-30.jpeg

I find losing a hat very unlikely the weather was cold that night as well as a light breeze. She would've most likely been wearing the hat, and I don't think there is much chance it would've just fallen off. If she was holding the hat again I think it is unlikely that she would've dropped it. Its not like she was carrying very much

Police may possibly know if the later doorbell footage showed her full-length, if she was wearing it then.

Could she even have realised after the call, that she had lost the hat and doubled back to the Common to look for it? Unlikely probably, but...

It’s not impossible, but I’d be surprised if somebody could walk another mile or so to Poynders Rd before realising something had come off of their head. Unless it was in her pocket of course and realised it wasn’t on her person when she ended the call and put her phone away. But then she was wearing it on her way there, so surely would wear it on the way back when presumably colder?

As an aside: the dropping of her hat theory doesn’t necessarily mean she noticed/doubled back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove