UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find this case "odd" something doesn't sit right with it some how. Not many women go missing in London walking home alone , just searched and only Sarah's name is coming up , just thinking out loud here.
My feelings exactly. One of the reasons I joined this forum was because it stood out so much to me. I wonder what has actually happened.

Great work. I see the pink person as wearing a long silver puffa jacket. I see the blue person as walking away from the camera, and carrying a rucksack which is lighter in colour than their jacket. It is easier to see this in the unadulterated picture. The blue and pink outlines are exactly as I see it. Thank you for adding them.

Ah yes I see what you’re saying about the rucksack. At first I thought maybe a baseball cap with the peak worn backwards, but I can see a rucksack now. And yes I’m thinking a longer length puffa jacket on the other person too. To me the rucksack wearer looks male and slightly taller and the sideways on person looks female, but I’m possibly just guessing based on height and stature!

In this guardian article today Police 'remain open-minded' as search for missing Sarah Everard continues they say what she was last seen wearing and this "She may also have been wearing green earphones and a white beanie hat." but don't they know from the 9.30pm door cam footage they have? surely that would show if she was wearing a hat or not?

The doorbell footage may not have showed her entirely, it could have just been her feet or lower half - she was wearing distinctive shoes and trousers so it would have been easy to identify her.

When looking at this image I feel like the dark figure has an arm around a neck and the light jacket person is holding their arm on to it in an upward position on the same side.

almost to look like a couple to passerby but I feel being coerced.

I’ve looked on maps and it could be a possible route straight through the middle of the common with this persons arm/hand on a neck being led- to the south side/

however I’m not sure how this could fit with the unseen poynder cctv footage.
IMO

the area where her shoes are look too dark to tell on the person with the lighter coat

PERTINENT INFO & PICS FROM VISITING THE SCENES TODAY

I visited the known route today, and a few related spots. Some pertinent points:

- Activity around Leathwaite Road goes on as what I assume is normal. There are a lot of workmen, vans, the odd heavy truck. There is the largest saturation of yoga pants I've seen anywhere in London (and I live in Holland Park). Many women out running with headphones, this seems to be the norm.

- It's heart-warming and yet saddening to see Sarah signs everywhere.

- The area around those streets is quiet even by day, I imagine it's moreso at night.

- Observing the rear gates of the Leathwaite Road houses that 'back on to the Common' as reported, it's very obvious that those gates and gardens are easily overlooked by some north-west parts of Clapham Common, namely the Changing Rooms, pitches and those areas.

- I noticed a handful of vagrants in those spots today, and at least one derelict/boarded-up building in direct line-of-sight to the backs of Leathwaite Road homes.

- Moving on to the A205 route, I can tell you that there is only paving on one side (the park side). It's a safe assumption (JMO) that Sarah would have walked on that side. (pic attached)

- Adjacent to the pavement is an unlit 'track' that is still in the park, covered by trees. JMO but I felt this would be a good way of following somebody who might be walking on the pavement. Alternatively, if the person was also walking on the same track ahead of me, I could confidently follow that person without being seen, IMO.

- I timed the route section A (leaving the back of Leathwaite until reaching the A24-A205 junction near Clapham South tube) twice, and it took around 10-12 minutes. Sarah waited 12 minutes from leaving her friend's house to call her boyfriend.

- JMO, I judge this delay could have been from deciding that it's unwise to be on a phone in such a secluded place. Alternatively if she was being harassed on that first stage she would have been delayed in calling boyfriend. You might ask if she'd not have just told boyfriend if she was being harassed? Not necessarily; by the junction she may have felt she was past the worst of any prospective harassment, or maybe if the relationship is new she wouldn't want to bring this up.

- The final corner of Clapham Common adjacent to the A24-A205 junction is a corner of shrubbery/trees where I easily spotted what looked like things that had been stolen from muggings etc. I'm talking old credit cards, season tickets, etc. Nothing to do with Sarah necessarily, but setting the scene. There were many used condoms, vagrant-related rubbish, etc. This would be a good spot from which to observe someone.

- Walking on to Poynders Road, the atmosphere changes. No more Range Rovers and yoga pants. In fact it quickly becomes menacing. I grew up on the very rough Somerleyton Road estate in Brixton in the 90s, some corners of Poynders remind me of that. If my girlfriend or daughter told me they were planning to walk there at night I'd be very concerned.

- I could only spot one single Ring doorbell on Poynders Road. There are a number of sizeable derelict buildings (pic attached). Because of the way the route works earlier on with the pavement, and because you can only cross the A24-A205 as a pedestrian on the northerly side, it is a safe assumption that Sarah walked on the north pavement of Poynders Road (JMO).

- There are deep excavation works on the corner of Poynders and Kings Avenue, just behind the first block there. Again, a lot of workmen. I make this point because there appears to be incredibly deep digging happening there, but I don't draw any conclusions.

- The last Sarah missing sign is around this spot.

- Moving on to Brixton Hill/Lambert Road, where CCTV has been censored. The only conclusion I could reach standing here was that the censorship happened to obscure Sarah's (maybe another key figure's) daily movements, as it's close enough to Craster Road to be relevant to her movements.

- Moving on to Craster Road and the surrounding area. Craster Road itself is a very quiet picturesque street. Not like the Brixton I know. I would say between 1/3 and 1/2 of front doors have Ring doorbells. There are huge yellow signs on entering the area that "traffic cameras are recording live". If Sarah had come home, she would have been recorded, anyone who walks down the street would be absolutely sure of that, but it's JMO.

- Standing on Craster, considering things, I felt sadness but also the sun started shining very strong. I'm not being wacky here, I just mean to say I think this woman's life is full of beauty, even the street she lives on (we believe she lives on?). I hope she is okay.

- The Sarah missing signs are visible once again in this area.

- Also standing on Craster it is immediately clear that the large - and notorious - Tulse Hill estate backs right on to this idyll. Sarah was obviously used to going through a rough estate to go running. Brixton - as gentrified as it is - is still an unconvential choice for a Durham-educated attractive young white woman to move to. Sarah was obviously at ease with the mix, and used to going through Tulse Hill estate regularly.

- This ease may have been why she was comfortable walking through Poynders Road and surroundings.

- Having followed this intensely for days, I had my theories. Having now seen much of the 'scene' for myself I have changed my theories. I don't believe she has been harmed/abducted by someone known to her. I don't believe her boyfriend has anything to do with this. I believe she was accosted on the first part of her journey on the edge of Clapham Common, and the same persons intercepted her around Poynders Road. I do not believe she made it home (or if she did, the police know this already and are manipulating information for an operational reason).

- London is still not a completely safe place. A man in Sarah's shoes would still have been a target in the same circumstances, albeit for different ends. However this is an issue for women to consider. I have two teenage daughters and a fiance in her 20s. That someone like Sarah could vanish like this is scary, we must all take precautions.

- If Sarah was intercepted by a vagrant from the park at knife-point, most likely she would have complied. If it was a workman with a van/truck, it would have been quite and dark enough to make off. Alice Gross comes to mind, in a way.

I will write more as this unfolds.

Attachments

• ws-sarah-1.jpg
    ws-sarah-1.jpg
    700.3 KB · Views: 514
  • ws-sarah-2.jpg
    ws-sarah-2.jpg
    625.5 KB · Views: 585
  • ws-sarah-3.jpg
    ws-sarah-3.jpg
    974.3 KB · Views: 498
I just find this case "odd" something doesn't sit right with it some how. Not many women go missing in London walking home alone , just searched and only Sarah's name is coming up , just thinking out loud here.

Is there any history in that area of women being abducted?

I visited the known route today, and a few related spots. Some pertinent points:

- Activity around Leathwaite Road goes on as what I assume is normal. There are a lot of workmen, vans, the odd heavy truck. There is the largest saturation of yoga pants I've seen anywhere in London (and I live in Holland Park). Many women out running with headphones, this seems to be the norm.

- The area around those streets is quiet even by day, I imagine it's moreso at night.

- Observing the rear gates of the Leathwaite Road houses that 'back on to the Common' as reported, it's very obvious that those gates and gardens are easily overlooked by some north-west parts of Clapham Common, namely the Changing Rooms, pitches and those areas.

- I noticed a handful of vagrants in those spots today, and at least one derelict/boarded-up building in direct line-of-sight to the backs of Leathwaite Road homes.

- Moving on to the A205 route, I can tell you that there is only paving on one side (the park side). It's a safe assumption (JMO) that Sarah would have walked on that side. (pic attached)

- Adjacent to the pavement is an unlit 'track' that is still in the park, covered by trees. JMO but I felt this would be a good way of following somebody who might be walking on the pavement. Alternatively, if the person was also walking on the same track ahead of me, I could confidently follow that person without being seen, IMO.

- I timed the route section A (leaving the back of Leathwaite until reaching the A24-A205 junction near Clapham South tube) twice, and it took around 10-12 minutes. Sarah waited 12 minutes from leaving her friend's house to call her boyfriend.

- JMO, I judge this delay could have been from deciding that it's unwise to be on a phone in such a secluded place. Alternatively if she was being harassed on that first stage she would have been delayed in calling boyfriend. You might ask if she'd not have just told boyfriend if she was being harassed? Not necessarily; by the junction she may have felt she was past the worst of any prospective harassment, or maybe if the relationship is new she wouldn't want to bring this up.

- The final corner of Clapham Common adjacent to the A24-A205 junction is a corner of shrubbery/trees where I easily spotted what looked like things that had been stolen from muggings etc. I'm talking old credit cards, season tickets, etc. Nothing to do with Sarah necessarily, but setting the scene. There were many used condoms, vagrant-related rubbish, etc. This would be a good spot from which to observe someone.

- Walking on to Poynders Road, the atmosphere changes. No more Range Rovers and yoga pants. In fact it quickly becomes menacing. I grew up on the very rough Somerleyton Road estate in Brixton in the 90s, some corners of Poynders remind me of that. If my girlfriend or daughter told me they were planning to walk there at night I'd be very concerned.

- I could only spot one single Ring doorbell on Poynders Road. There are a number of sizeable derelict buildings (pic attached). Because of the way the route works earlier on with the pavement, and because you can only cross the A24-A205 as a pedestrian on the northerly side, it is a safe assumption that Sarah walked on the north pavement of Poynders Road (JMO).

- There are deep excavation works on the corner of Poynders and Kings Avenue, just behind the first block there. Again, a lot of workmen. I make this point because there appears to be incredibly deep digging happening there, but I don't draw any conclusions.

- Moving on to Brixton Hill/Lambert Road, where CCTV has been censored. The only conclusion I could reach standing here was that the censorship happened to obscure Sarah's (maybe another key figure's) daily movements, as it's close enough to Craster Road to be relevant to her movements.

- Moving on to Craster Road and the surrounding area. Craster Road itself is a very quiet picturesque street. Not like the Brixton I know. I would say between 1/3 and 1/2 of front doors have Ring doorbells. There are huge yellow signs on entering the area that "traffic cameras are recording live". If Sarah had come home, she would have been recorded, anyone who walks down the street would be absolutely sure of that, but it's JMO.

- Standing on Craster, considering things, I felt sadness but also the sun started shining very strong. I'm not being wacky here, I just mean to say I think this woman's life is full of beauty, even the street she lives on (we believe she lives on?). I hope she is okay.

- Also standing on Craster it is immediately clear that the large - and notorious - Tulse Hill estate backs right on to this idyll. Sarah was obviously used to going through a rough estate to go running. Brixton - as gentrified as it is - is still an unconvential choice for a Durham-educated attractive young white woman to move to. Sarah was obviously at ease with the mix, and used to going through Tulse Hill estate regularly.

- This ease may have been why she was comfortable walking through Poynders Road and surroundings.

- Having followed this intensely for days, I had my theories. Having now seen much of the 'scene' for myself I have changed my theories. I don't believe she has been harmed/abducted by someone known to her. I don't believe her boyfriend has anything to do with this. I believe she was accosted on the first part of her journey on the edge of Clapham Common, and the same persons intercepted her around Poynders Road. I do not believe she made it home (or if she did, the police know this already and are manipulating information for an operational reason).

- London is still not a completely safe place. A man in Sarah's shoes would still have been a target in the same circumstances, albeit for different ends. However this is an issue for women to consider. I have two teenage daughters and a fiance in her 20s. That someone like Sarah could vanish like this is scary, we must all take precautions.

- If Sarah was intercepted by a vagrant from the park at knife-point, most likely she would have complied. If it was a workman with a van/truck, it would have been quite and dark enough to make off. Alice Gross comes to mind, in a way.

Excellent reporting. Thank you for the insight.

Excellent post

Hi everyone - as promised, some observations from the walk I did this afternoon between Clapham Junction and Brixton Hill to run an errand. This will be quite a long post so I have done subheadings to make it easier to read/digest, I hope that's ok!

For those new to the thread, I am a longtime local, a woman Sarah's age and build who is comfortable walking around the area in the dark. Today I followed Sarah's generally accepted route - the A205 along the Common from Clapham Junction, onto Cavendish Road, onto Poynders Road. I then branched off in a way that I will explain further down.

The A205 along the Common
No police activity on the road/pavement itself, but there was a large police van parked up by the Windmill, as other have noted. Officers were getting into it, it looked like the dive team packing up for the day. That bit of the Common and around the allotments are full of areas where what looks like building rubbish has been dumped and which will have required, and may still require, careful and length searches.

Cavendish Road/Poynders Road/Agnes Riley Gardens
I found I naturally stuck to the left hand side of the road as I walked along it. Partly my natural direction of travel, partly this feeling like the less sketchy side - the other side has several abandoned buildings, what looks like an empty timber yard etc. This may have been discussed upthread but my feeling is it would have made sense for SE to do the same, unless something made her uncomfortable enough to cross over. From the bottom of Trouville Road onwards it's basically all flats/estates, none of which seemed to have doorbell cams. The somewhat dilapidated 1930s (I think) estates on both sides of the road – Poynders Court and Gardens – were both having their front gardens searched by police with sniffer dogs. I saw no police activity in Agnes Riley Gardens when I passed at about 4.20pm.

Clarence Avenue/Rodenhurst Road
Clarence Avenue is even creepier than I remembered even in daylight – bar the Londis the parade of shops on the corner with Poynders Road is all abandoned and boarded up like something from a horror movie. I am confident walking alone in London after dark but I would only go down there at night if I really, really had to, and even leaving aside why she might have needed to take a diversion that would have popped her out in what seems to be the wrong direction I cannot easily imagine SE walking down here voluntarily. However, there is a turning off Poynders Road before Clarence Avenue onto Rodenhurst Road that would make more sense as a shortcut on foot to the Brixton Hill area (if that is where she was going). The first bit of the road when you turn onto it off Poynders Road is all flats, so no door cams, but a bit further down it is all the sorts of houses that cost £1 million plus, quite a few of which seem to have door cams. The police – plainclothes, interestingly, but with radios – were going door to door here.

I walked all the way up Rodenhurst Road, cut through Crescent Lane onto Lambert Road. Again, no police presence, but quite a few journalists knocking about trying to get quotes from locals! At this point I turned around as the light was starting to go and it was getting cold.

I felt desperately sad on my walk home, the pain that SE's loved ones are going through is unimaginable, and the fear locally is really present. There were so many young women out after work walking in pairs or jogging, as we have been all thoughout the past year, and I heard a number discussing the case. I truly hope that the investigation makes swift progress.

Long shot - but did you observe any big construction sites/road works/ man holes etc etc?

Thanks for this - stay safe out there

Someone on Twitter feels like they've spotted a 'suspicious vehicle in Abbeville' they have on CCTV and called the Met several times to report it but haven't heard anything back. I feel like the police will be besieged by people calling and reporting anything and everything they feel is 'suspicious' in Brixton/Clapham because of the heightened sense of fear in London right now.

Some people with important witness info couldn't get through to the Corrie McKeague missing line and never did get through as they gave up after repeated tries.

Just going back to the last phone ping near Clarence Avenue - I just had a look at the streetview and there are lots of dotted parking areas by the side of the road where someone could have been parked up lurking or where she could have voluntarily got into someone’s car. If she did in fact turn up this road, it would explain why she wasn’t captured on footage further up Poynders

Long shot - but did you observe any big construction sites/road works/ man holes etc etc?

Taken from @ApparentlyInDenial post further up thread...

Just going back to the last phone ping near Clarence Avenue - I just had a look at the streetview and there are lots of dotted parking areas by the side of the road where someone could have been parked up lurking or where she could have voluntarily got into someone’s car. If she did in fact turn up this road, it would explain why she wasn’t captured on footage further up Poynders

Yes Poynders Parade. Derelict area with all stores out of business apart from the Londis which is all the way out.

There are some major construction works to the Clapham Park estate (a v short distance from Poynders Road on Kings Avenue) but the sites are all secured and surface works only really now (piling and foundations went in a few weeks ago to the largest site on Kings Avenue).

The whole area is currently being fitted with fibre cabling. There are therefore a lot of surface road and pavement works in the quieter residential streets off the A205/Poynders Road. But these aren’t really major excavations, just sub-surface holes in the ground for pipe laying.

That said, the estate on Poynders Road between Clarence Avenue and Kings Avenue is currently quite run down. There are small areas behind construction hoarding (some retaining sheet pile foundations going in) but all fairly secure. This is because a large area is in the midst of a huge rebuilding programme (Clapham Park). It’s one of the reasons part of the estate feels so run down - because it is- but moments away are brand new buildings.

Taken from @ApparentlyInDenial post further up thread...

@MsMiniSleuth Yes, it was behind Rodgers House, Plummer Road (coincidental street name!).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member