UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
having looked at most if not all of the cameras in these locations, I've seen greyed out footage on all of them, at random times of the day and night and on different unrelated days too.

Here is Brixton Water Lane

i got caught up in classes today and late yesterday

i saw your post in the other thread iv downloaded the photo and i'll run it through the script overnight and see what we get

MOO I am very confused how they can be so sure that she never returned home from that CCTV footage taken from 112 Brixton Hill. If it is true she lives in the Tulse Hill area she must live on the opposite side of the road to where the camera is positioned. I have been trying to understand Strava and its privacy zones. It seems likely that she must live around Brixton Water Lane if the police only appealed for dashcam footage from A205, New Park Road, Brixton Hill and Brixton Water Lane (as I believe they did). It seems from Strava that she may have lived previously on or around New Park Road which might make her feel more comfortable about taking that route rather than Clarence. New Park Road is well lit and I would certainly take that route or Brixton Hill if I was undertaking her supposed journey, rather than Clarence Ave. I still don't understand why her Strava seems to indicate she lived near Craster. Perhaps she had a running partner who lived nearer to Craster. I was thinking if she still lived on or near Brixton Water Lane, she may well have chosen to run up Josephine Avenue and into Tulse Hill before turning into the park for her run, because the entrance to Brockwell Park closest to Brixton Water Lane is usually extremely busy with people and impossible to run. JMO

could she have gone into a shop to use the toilet? Most shops wouldn't have customers and are quiet. Could be a possibility rather then going into someone's house ? JMO

In my opinion, no. Most shops don't have public toilets. What seems most likely to me is that, despite Covid regulations, she would have used the toilet at her friend's house in Leathwaite Road. It's of course possible that she observed the regulations to the letter, but just seems unlikely to me.

Much earlier, it was speculated that she may have needed to use the toilet again (while walking towards home). That's another matter entirely.

This looks like it might be Elms Crescent? (Would need to check google maps more closely to work out exactly where, but the properties in the background look similar to those on the southern/eastern side?)

This looks like the top of Cavendish Road/A205 to me, used to walk down the road past these houses most days.

Google Maps

script ran quickly because the file is so small

didn't come out fantastic but its ok for the small size, some chroma abrasion iv tried to correct but it is what it is
*edit* so some reason you can't click on it and go to the enlarged image, so here is the direct link A205-Poynders-Rd-Kings-Ave

Last edited:
Aside from big supermarkets shops generally don’t allow members of the public to use their loos.

And especially not at the moment when pretty much every shop is closed due to lockdown restrictions and a takeway that's open is very unlikely to be letting members of the public into the back.

Personally I think the loo point is a red herring, if Sarah had thought she'd need to loo before getting home the obvious thing to do would have been to use her friend's and the police already know whether this happened IMO

Agreed - I jumped the gun, but recognised the general red brick vernacular around there. But the width of the road fits with Cavendish Road.

looks like from google maps it is the drain opposite 50 Cavendish Road - same tree in shot, same alarm placing on house and same car parked up on google maps as per the pic tweeted showing drain search.

Hey All, newbie here.

I've been following this thread with keen interest. I am a local, super concerned about this happening and even more so having been on local forums and reading about similar instances.
I'm not too far from Cavendish road and I drive and cycle to brixton where I work and pretty much do the exact route as SE. The clapham park area around Poynders can feel unsettling at first sight, as I once though but many times I've walked around at night and completely forgot about it as you can quickly become accustomed to your surroundings. That being said, I used to previously cycle back the "new road" route and stopped because at night it's not nice at all. Pre covid, it was quite rough and I think it's worse now not many people are around. Anyway, I digress.

The other day I, like a few others on here did the route. One thing that stuck out to me was Clarence road but also Rodenhurst road, where it seems previous incident have happened. This is the apparent blackspot in this case.

There's a lot of ground up and down these streets that make it easy to drive and lurk around without crossing the CCTV cameras many people have looked at. if you know the area, and it's premeditated, I'm sure a perp who's driving would certainly know this. I've put together a theory...

Going back to Rodenhurst road, when I did the route the corner of this and Poynders really stuck out for me. See my diagram of what it looks like and what I think *could* of happened.
  • SE walking down Poynders road, heading South Easterly
  • Potential perp could be circling the entire area, within the traffic cam vicinity. Probably local
  • Perp could have passed SE on the road and pulls into Rodenhurst
  • Could use highlighted area for coverage to coerce her and then make off up rodenhurst and wind around any of the routes to evade detection
This puts a huge emphasis on a very wide area for the need of dash cams / door cam footagehttps://ibb.co/M2CtB0b

Attachments

• dci.png
    dci.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 183
I think this is actually a valid theory but her friends will be able to confirm whether she used the bathroom while she was there. If she was abiding by the Covid rules by sitting outside drinking and therefore did not enter to use the bathroom at her friends house she may have needed to go on the way home. With everything closed because of lockdown (and being only half way home), she may have seeked a location out of view and someone could have taken advantage at that location, or possibly, she could have asked someone in passing or in a front garden could she use their toilet (Although this would have broken the Covid rules which we are assuming she abided by at her friends house). Either way, taking a detour off Poynders Road at this point could have bee to use the bathroom.

I really cannot see this 33 year old woman (same age as me) going to the toilet in some strangers home /garden and I imagine her friend would have absolutely let her use their toilet regardless of covid.

But MOO

I really cannot see this 33 year old woman (same age as me) going to the toilet in some strangers home /garden and I imagine her friend would have absolutely let her use their toilet regardless of covid.

But MOO

My only thought is we know she was likely drinking that evening. She's a small woman and seems to have taken quite a while to walk from where she left to the doorbell. I know she's a professional and in her 30's but could it taken have longer because she was a bit intoxicated? When you're intoxicated doing something like that is far more likely if she got caught short on the walk.

I think the going to the toilet outdoors theory is irrelevant.. its so unlikely and still wouldn’t explain why she didn’t show up on any cctv again - if something were to have happened to her while going to the toilet in a bush. They have checked all the ponds and bushes that were in her line of walking and where she was last captured on CCTV. I just don’t see it being possible, they’ve been searching for 6 days.

Local Crime Information for St. Maur Road, Hammersmith and Fulham, London, SW6 4DR - January 2021

Regarding the crime reports and escalating levels of crime. Whilst the levels seem high and the reports of escalating similar crimes are alarming, I don't know if this is an unusual level of crime for London?

I live in Fulham which I've always considered pretty safe and a street near to me gives out 47 violent and sexual offences in January - higher than Clapham/Brixton in this case.

Just goes to show you can be lulled into a false sense of security where you live.

JMO

First time poster. I've followed the case details so far.

The police will be keen to analyse past incidents and see if any match with the pattern of the SE case so far. I've seen how it's been mentioned that this particular area has experienced levels of sex crimes this year already (even though the levels are similar to previous years for the equivalent months). One major thing to consider is that statistically most sex crimes go unreported so we can assume much more occur than are known. Not only that but quite often people may not be aware of how close they were to an incident, perhaps being saved by a bus or passer by unwittingly. I know thats not necessarily anything people on here aren't aware of.

Somehow my gut instinct is that she was placed in a vehicle at some point and removed from the area. Though not necessarily on the street she was walking, but maybe by being cooerced drawn to somewhere more private. Maybe this can be ruled out by CCTV, or isn't currently being considered but the lack of apparent evidence suggested by the wording of Police updates. Any crime of that nature hints at a professional job in stealthily removing her from that location, perhaps by multiple people. Although this is behaviour more commonly associated by by organised crime gangs in people trafficking crimes (almost unimaginable in Urban London but has happened in stranger places globally). The police would need evidence to suggest she isn't in the area. Maybe they have it, maybe the have it but don't know it yet? They will definitely have more than they are letting on. I doubt they'd show all the cards in their hand. Especially when it comes to tripping up perps. I've heard cases where police don't disclose detail and evidence for years without releasing it to the public.

Finally, I don't want the above presumptions to come across as insensitive. I pray SE will be found safely and reunited with her loved ones. I don't know the rules of the forum fully so apologises if my 'thoughts without evidence' are contradicting rules.

looks like from google maps it is the drain opposite 50 Cavendish Road - same tree in shot, same alarm placing on house and same car parked up on google maps as per the pic tweeted showing drain search.

Yes, same tree, plus alarm on wall of no. 44. A bit further up Cavendish Road towards Clapham South than I had previously thought.

My only thought is we know she was likely drinking that evening. She's a small woman and seems to have taken quite a while to walk from where she left to the doorbell. I know she's a professional and in her 30's but could it taken have longer because she was a bit intoxicated? When you're intoxicated doing something like that is far more likely if she got caught short on the walk.

I've had a sneaky toilet once as a teenager with friends after drinking lots. This was in a park we was all hanging out.

Really she is an adult and I'm sure she could have held herself regardless of if she'd be drinking. She would have had to have gone into some bushes and that is dangerous and ridiculous in my eyes. I walk London alone at night and feel relatively safe. I am aware of the dangers but stick to the main roads, however I'd never go somewhere ALONE to have a quick pee, that's so risky and vulnerable.

Also no convenience shops here have toilets, only possible places would be a petrol station, a fast food or restaurant ( all of which are following strict covid rules and wouldn't allow public use of toilets) or asking a stranger for their toilet. None if which I can see her doing when she was on her way home.

In my mind I'm ruling out the toilet theory.

MOO

This is interesting.

The houses along Rodenhurst Road generally are large/semi-detached and set back from the road.

Most are “posh” family houses (I would imagine £2m+ on average). The price is not relevant here, except for the fact that I would imagine there is quite a bit of private security footage from doorbells/cameras etc (it’s the kind of road with a lot of range rovers on drives!).

I know the police carried out door to door searches here at the weekend.

So if there were any suspicious vehicles there at night they might have footage? A van at 9pm+ might be since suspicious it would be past working hours and it’s not a logical local “rat run” in any real sense. It is quite a quiet street generally traffic-wise.

Hey All, newbie here.

I've been following this thread with keen interest. I am a local, super concerned about this happening and even more so having been on local forums and reading about similar instances.
I'm not too far from Cavendish road and I drive and cycle to brixton where I work and pretty much do the exact route as SE. The clapham park area around Poynders can feel unsettling at first sight, as I once though but many times I've walked around at night and completely forgot about it as you can quickly become accustomed to your surroundings. That being said, I used to previously cycle back the "new road" route and stopped because at night it's not nice at all. Pre covid, it was quite rough and I think it's worse now not many people are around. Anyway, I digress.

The other day I, like a few others on here did the route. One thing that stuck out to me was Clarence road but also Rodenhurst road, where it seems previous incident have happened. This is the apparent blackspot in this case.

There's a lot of ground up and down these streets that make it easy to drive and lurk around without crossing the CCTV cameras many people have looked at. if you know the area, and it's premeditated, I'm sure a perp who's driving would certainly know this. I've put together a theory...

Going back to Rodenhurst road, when I did the route the corner of this and Poynders really stuck out for me. See my diagram of what it looks like and what I think *could* of happened.
  • SE walking down Poynders road, heading South Easterly
  • Potential perp could be circling the entire area, within the traffic cam vicinity. Probably local
  • Perp could have passed SE on the road and pulls into Rodenhurst
  • Could use highlighted area for coverage to coerce her and then make off up rodenhurst and wind around any of the routes to evade detection
This puts a huge emphasis on a very wide area for the need of dash cams / door cam footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight