UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder whether someone in the flats has seen a potential perp hanging around near the flats either that night or on other occasions and LE have CCTV or a description to back that up.
Maybe LE are looking for things the perp may have discarded (for DNA. prints to run through the Police database) and not any actual items relevant to SE at the moment.

They're obviously working from some intel.

JMO

Those were my thoughts upthread too.

We don't know if they only cordoned off this section of road/building, there may be several other potential points of her journey that were cordoned and not publicised.

I'm not saying it's 'only because of the rain' but I do believe that they'll be aware of the weather forecast, and will be doing ANY outdoor forensic examinations as quickly as possible - irrespective of a firm lead.

Considering how anxious and alert residents of the area are, I think someone would have posted something on SM about cordons going up in the vicinity. This seems to be the first time the police has done something like this in this case.

We don't know if they only cordoned off this section of road/building, there may be several other potential points of her journey that were cordoned and not publicised.

I'm not saying it's 'only because of the rain' but I do believe that they'll be aware of the weather forecast, and will be doing ANY outdoor forensic examinations as quickly as possible - irrespective of a firm lead.

I live nearby and went for a walk around this evening, and this seemed to be the only cordoned off area in the vicinity. Obviously there may be others we didn't walk past, but I'm a bit doubtful that there wouldn't have been social media posts about cordons elsewhere if they existed, given how on high alert everyone is around here. The one near Oval was posted about for example despite being seemingly unrelated? I agree we should keep an open mind about all of this. It does seem there is a particular interest in this estate and area of street though.

But one still wonders why Police went into and cordoned off the Poynder Court building

In the absence of any reports of actual investigators going inside (I can’t recall, but may have missed this so please correct me), I think the activity today was more a search of the external areas of a place where SE is thought to have last been. The cordoning off and uniformed officers (not forensics) going inside may have simply been cautious scene management to make sure residents who needed urgent care or assistance could still be evacuated through the cordon and/or make sure other residents didn’t disturb the searches. I agree that the volume of resources, forensics team and cordoning off made it look significant, possibly more significant than the ‘hit and hope’ type searches and pond dives we’ve seen prior to this, so it’s possible the leads here are indeed a little stronger (maybe new private footage and/or sniffer dog tracking). Not sure. I’d expect some updates from LE via MSM tomorrow on it.

I don’t know London at all, can anyone shed some more detail on the area SE was last seen? Is this largely students? Families? Known for crime? Anything would be good to know.

Do we know which side of the road she took from her friends on the north-west side of the common?

From heading north to south on the route she walked, if she walked on the east side of the road she would have crossed at the lights at the lights on the Clapham South junction, and would have continued down cavendish rd, past the now out of use police station, and would have passed the area they’ve been searching tonight. If she didn’t cross at the beginning of her route, she would have walked down the west side of the road and probably crossed at the traffic lights outside Clapham South station, potentially walked down Hazlebury road and have continued on the side of Agnes Riley Gardens.

I’m a local that has walked this route a number of times and which side you were walking on would potentially determine your route forward due to crossings. These would have been my routes, of course she could have crossed either way at any time but knowing where the last cctv image was taken, and which side of the road she was on is very important.
Yeah the same question is on my mind. I think she will have been on the opposite side of the road to the park as that is the side you would want to be on when getting to brixton hill. Also, she came from north (I believe) of Clapham South which would lead you to be on the opposite side of the road to the park. Also the police have been taking interest in Rodenhurst Road, which is also the opposite side to the park (Agnes Riley Gardens)

Last edited:
I don‘t know, but I think if they found the body let’s say late in the evening they would have to examine it in order to determine cause of death etc. This takes time. Also, it would be better to inform the news outlets early in the morning than late at night. Because late at night there wouldn‘t be many readers and in case of press statements it is better to publish at a time when police can respond to reporters quickly and well prepared.

That is why I believe that is possible that her body has been found. Of course, I hope that she is still alive somewhere.

Odd that they’d be there in daylight but wait until dark to begin searching. Could they be blue light torches?
I don't know anything about blue light torches, but, I wonder if they had any delay due to awaiting permission to begin searching from senior officer/s?

I don‘t know, but I think if they found the body let’s say late in the evening they would have to examine it in order to determine cause of death etc. This takes time. Also, it would be better to inform the news outlets early in the morning than late at night. Because late at night there wouldn‘t be many readers and in case of press statements it is better to publish at a time when police can respond to reporters quickly and well prepared.

That is why I believe that is possible that her body has been found. Of course, I hope that she is still alive somewhere.

Would you not want to get it into the papers etc for the next day? Not saying they'd speed it up to do so obviously.

I don’t know London at all, can anyone shed some more detail on the area SE was last seen? Is this largely students? Families? Known for crime? Anything would be good to know.
it is a gentrified area with a mixture of wealthy middle class families, young professionals and local Londoners. Not a student area at all for the most part, although I am sure there are some. Lots of young people who like SE, living the life of a young professional. Clapham was a bit "rough" 20/30 years ago but is now an affluent area. This part of Clapham is still probably a bit "rougher" especially the areas that were being searched today, and the estates behind there. In London, afaik, when private housing is built money is also given to social housing so all the areas are slighly mixed, although you still have some neighbourhoods of the city worse than others.

edit (personal opinion so should prob leave out) - one reason on twitter/social media that this has really captured people is that SE is kind of the stereotypical person who would live in this area so people are really relating to this and thinking it could have been then.

Last edited:

Looks like trainers to me , also in the pictures in the article , to me the drain looks like it's involved , i.e. someone has put something down the drain like the mobile phone or something .

Certainly it looks like the police know something occurred here , my guess is abduction by car because if it was the flats near by they would be going through them all one by one looking for SE

Would you not want to get it into the papers etc for the next day? Not saying they'd speed it up to do so obviously.
Yes, but I don‘t think that a found body would be published late at night via MSM. Rather a press conference next morning, and reports on MSM simultaneously.

I just wanted to comment on posts stating the media have "confirmed" a certain person to be her partner. When my husband's stepmother disappeared while visiting Jamaica a few years ago (she was eventually found to have been murdered by an employee working on a house she owned there), some (British) guy started posting on social media claiming to have been her partner. This was not my father-in-law; I've never known what the full story was with him. It wouldn't have taken much journalistic effort to discover she was married to someone else and that the imposter wasn't on the deeds of the property he claimed to own with her. Instead, almost every media outlet in the UK repeated his claims with no fact-checking at all. My grieving father-in-law had to do a Press Association interview I suspect he'd rather not have done, just to set the record straight. The ONLY UK media outlet to verify all its facts before running a story about the case was the BBC, so until they confirm the name of SE's partner, I personally would consider that and any other info on social media to be unverified.

I have seen pictures of her boyfriend with Sarah and his family so would be pretty confident that he is her boyfriend.

I agree, there are just too many cameras around for a random abduction, or they'd have be extremely lucky or extremely knowledgeable of black spots. I believe it was either coercion(violent or not) or willingly.

random abductions happen
criminals don't care about cameras or maybe they think the risk is worth it

For clarification on my post (excuse the blacked out area where it was showing where I currently am) as a local, these are the 2 routes I’d have walked from where she left and I do think it’s very important which side of poynders rd she was on

Attachments

• 1CA890D0-DD3A-4415-8295-1D60C1D74FC1.jpeg
    1CA890D0-DD3A-4415-8295-1D60C1D74FC1.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 142
  • 8AA9399F-0840-4FFE-8C1A-206FE793CCB5.jpeg
    8AA9399F-0840-4FFE-8C1A-206FE793CCB5.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 127
I live nearby and went for a walk around this evening, and this seemed to be the only cordoned off area in the vicinity.

Snipped for focus.

Agreed that if it was in close proximity - then people who notice, but cordons are quite normal over London. I do wonder why they chose that particular spot, i.e. not a little further up the road (near the Nest doorbell shot)...

Edited to add: I also live nearby, just the other side of Cavendish Road. I'd normally write something like "hi neighbour" but this situation is too grim and concerning for such frivolities.

And... more importantly they have to make sure that friends and family of a misper don’t hear about it first on social media. For example, it may take a while for parents to get to grandparents to break the news in person.

If Sarah is sadly no longer with us - which is increasingly statistically likely - it’s much better for her to be found now than in weeks or months or never. If she’s already been found, we’ll know tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth