UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the same question is on my mind. I think she will have been on the opposite side of the road to the park as that is the side you would want to be on when getting to brixton hill. Also, she came from north of Clapham South (I believe) which would lead you to be on the opposite side of the road to the park. Also the police have been taking interest in Rodenhurst Road, which is also the opposite side to the park (Agnes Riley Gardens)

I think the consensus was Cavendish but Englewood / Hazelbourne are just as accessible - there was talk of the ring cctv evidence being around Englewood (not released). On the CCTV at Cavendish / Hazelborne I have seen nothing of SE but there are gaps in the cameras - maybe already taken out.

I don’t know London at all, can anyone shed some more detail on the area SE was last seen? Is this largely students? Families? Known for crime? Anything would be good to know.

Clapham area is known to be one of the most desirable in London, and super popular with families around the common area.

But like everywhere in London it's a real mix of people with council estates and properties that are valued in the millions just nearby.

Any Londoner would be streetwise (you never know when you'll get mugged etc) so crime always feels like a threat I would say having lived here my whole life. I was actually robbed two weeks ago as someone broke into my home in Clapham but I was quite surprised.

Brixton used to have a more dodgy reputation, but not so much now. Clapham isn't known to be particularly dodgy.

I have seen pictures of her boyfriend with Sarah and his family so would be pretty confident that he is her boyfriend.

The guy I mentioned had pictures of himself with my husband's stepmother, too. You don't have to be someone's partner to take a photo with them, nor do photos self-destruct when a relationship ends.

Slightly concerning things I'm reading on SM/YT are making me wonder whether the police did in fact find a body and didn't bring it out in a body bag so as not to cause alarm to the crowd of locals that had gathered to watch the police activity. I dread to think what tomorrow will bring in terms of developments. I just want her to be found.

I don’t know London at all, can anyone shed some more detail on the area SE was last seen? Is this largely students? Families? Known for crime? Anything would be good to know.

Clapham area is known to be one of the most desirable in London, and super popular with families around the common area.

But like everywhere in London it's a real mix of people with council estates and properties that are valued in the millions just nearby.
Any Londoner would be streetwise (you never know when you'll get mugged etc) so crime always feels like a threat I would say having lived here my whole life. I was actually robbed two weeks ago as someone broke into my home in Clapham but I was quite surprised.

Brixton used to have a more dodgy reputation, but not so much now. Clapham isn't known to be particularly dodgy.

I think the consensus was Cavendish but Englewood / Hazelbourne are just as accessible - there was talk of the ring cctv evidence being around Englewood (not released). On the CCTV at Cavendish / Hazelborne I have seen nothing of SE but there are gaps in the cameras - maybe already taken out.
ok, so she would have started out on the same side of the road as the park. Tough to know then when she would cross as would most likely be around the park, assuming that she was waiting for traffic lights

If you look at the TFL CCTV footage from the night she went missing it was raining that evening/night. No rain the following days but I’m unsure about the nights

If it was raining that night, might SE have been wearing her jacket hood up, and might she also have been wearing her mask if it was cold that night (as someone further up the thread mentioned), meaning that, if she was abducted, the perp could more easily surprise her as she would have been less aware of someone approaching from behind / the side of her (due to the hood obscuring her peripheral vision), and if she made any noise if she were attacked, it may have muffled by her mask if she was wearing that for warmth (as I have done on cold nights in Clapham).

I also worry that any perp caught on CCTV may also be wearing a mask which, would not have looked suspect to SE that night, but would make the individual harder to identify on video footage if not already known to LE.

Snipped for focus.

Agreed that if it was in close proximity - then people who notice, but cordons are quite normal over London. I do wonder why they chose that particular spot, i.e. not a little further up the road (near the Nest doorbell shot)...

Edited to add: I also live nearby, just the other side of Cavendish Road. I'd normally write something like "hi neighbour" but this situation is too grim and concerning for such frivolities.

Could there be a POI on the ring cam after her that based on walking speeds staying roughly the same they'd converge around this area?

Based on this likely happening right after she got the phone she might have been followed?

f
For clarification on my post (excuse the blacked out area where it was showing where I currently am) as a local, these are the 2 routes I’d have walked from where she left and I do think it’s very important which side of poynders rd she was on
from a comment below it seems as if she took the first route you posted - Cavendish road approach

Can I just ask anyone on here if they would know what the standard protocol would be if a body had been found in the flats? Would it be cordoned off with police guard overnight to allow forensics time to examine? Would residents have to be removed? Could the police tell MSM to carry on with the ‘missing person’ line until the morning or would the MSM find out and create a story anyway? Just wondering if it’s standard to close a road and have police guards when it’s just a standard search

It's doesn't appear to be a standard search though. If Scenes of Crime Officers are in attendance then items or a scene or interest have been identified.

If a crime scene was discovered anywhere it would be secured (guarded) and protected by a tent, if outside, and screened off, if in public view The scene would be photographed by Scenes of Crime Officers.

In the case of a body, a Home Office pathologist would attend the scene before the body is recovered to a mortuary.

Scenes of Crime Officers would recover evidence from the crime scene before removal if the removal of the body may disturb the evidence. Evidence may also be collected after removal of the body.

Last edited:
For clarification on my post (excuse the blacked out area where it was showing where I currently am) as a local, these are the 2 routes I’d have walked from where she left and I do think it’s very important which side of poynders rd she was on
Good job, imo second route more likely?

I’d rule out Englewood road, from either route it adds minutes and it’s very quiet. Cavendish and Hazlebury are the main walk throughs where it generally feels safe with people around.

A senior editor at LBC (which I hope is MSM) just tweeted this, that a man has been arrested at an address in Kent in connection with Sarah's disappearance. I'm very confused, Kent is so far away from Clapham.

EwE3ynfWEAQ-nGh

I haven't reported anything to the police on the basis that THIS camera is going to be the one they are going to be scrutinising the most, right? But amongst other things, now we have all this focused attention just moments up the road from this camera, the guy in attached video makes me uneasy, however i'm sure there are a lot of people taking a walk, obviously!

https://livetrains.co.uk/jamCams/osm/#00001.03770

If for some reason you want me to delete this, just say so and i will.

No harm can be done by reporting it even if they've reviewed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth