UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so she would have started out on the same side of the road as the park. Tough to know then when she would cross as would most likely be around the park, assuming that she was waiting for traffic lights
In theory yes because there is no path on the opposite side where the houses are so she could have crossed at the island or kept left to go down Cavdenish that is busier with traffic.

On thread 1 I think it was, I did a little digging on all things pinging and phone masts and, whilst I certainly don’t claim this to 100% expertise so please DYOR and corroborate, I found a few techie articles from 2019 (so fairly contemporary in terms of tech/infrastructure) that explained a phone will ping its closest tower each time some activity is performed (like a call, message, data transfer like using the web). If the device moves, then it will look for the next closest mast and a handoff occurs. If masts are not spaced together well enough in certain areas, this is how you can experience momentary drops in signal strength. If there is no activity, a device will sit idle and not ping the same mast again for around 8 hrs...

So where am I going with this? It’s possible that SE’s phone was not switched off or ran out of battery at 9:28/30pm. Or, indeed, taken care of by one or more perps in a seamless action of also attacking/subduing her. It may have instead simply fell or been discarded down a drain, where it sat performing no further activity until its battery did run out. Crucially, its absence of activity wouldn’t have caused another ping past 9:28/30. Nor would it moving to another area cause a further ping on another mast after 9:28/30.

Likewise, if SE’s phone has been with her all along, either abducted with her into Poynders Court or she went willingly, if she performed no further activity on it, it may not have pinged Clarence Ave again until the early hours of the next morning, by which point the battery may well have died.

This essay, whilst the technical detail should be corroborated further please, is meant to suggest that it’s possible that SE didn’t have a particularly low battery (just less than 8 hrs), and so maybe JL wouldn’t have been made aware of a low battery issue for the ending of the call, and that a perp didn’t necessarily do something with the phone at all. All it might have taken for 9:28/30 to have seemed her final moment is a lack of further phone activity and movement from that area. She could have perhaps been in Poynders Court willingly for some time.

All speculation.
Excellent post thank you

Assistant Commissioner Nick Ephgrave called the arrest a serious and significant development. He said; “We will continue to work with all speed on this investigation but the fact that the arrested man is a serving Met Police officer is both shocking and deeply disturbing.”

Just catching up on comments from earlier re: Uber etc, it’s not uncommon for the police to send cab companies details of missing persons or to ask them for help. That’s several thousand pairs of additional eyes out on the streets and also possibly dashcam footage. Plus I believe either police or people helping search made a point of contacting Uber East, Just Eat, Deliveroo etc and asked them to check with their delivery teams.

Uber don’t have a brilliant history of looking after women (less terrible in recent years, but still...) so while I’m sure they’d assist anyway, it’s also a good means of helping to repair that perception.

Also, if London is getting the weather we currently have a few hundred miles north, they’re in for the unfortunate mix of wind and rain. I can fully believe they’d be in a rush to collect what they can, while they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gypsy0147